The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence.
Is he really keeping any of the others out the midfield, if they are fit?
Not for me.

Strange signing.
It’s a risk free loan we have, no obligation to buy

There is a player there, I am sure of it. He hasn’t really had much of a chance to prove his worth yet given when he came in last year if we are being honest

He will most likely be a squad player unless he really presses on and stakes his claim in the team

I’d have took a punt on Doig but not at 3m, think at that price we could get someone better.

Leidner was linked a while ago but looks like he’s away to either Torino or balogna which is a shame because he’d be a really good signing
I think he was only linked because a poster on here messages his agent on Instagram. I don't think he's been linked any where else.

Announcements are agreed between both selling club and buying club. With first team players anyway, when we announce a player, the selling club usually also announces the departure. Now I think about it yeah it probably can be announced tomorrow but rangers agree with Ajax when it will be officially announced on socials

If Ajax want him in training tomorrow they'll announce him. They aren't going to delay bedding in a new signing on our say so, and they aren't going to just have him in training without officially announcing him either.

We are chocked full of midfielders for one.
Having just signed Tillman as well now on loan.

Look you like him, I respect that.
I just don't see, if most of the others are fit, and we keep who we have right, where he fits in.
I think we are developing him slowly for another club.
Would rather we did that with one of our own.
Lowry. McCann for example in midfield. King in defence.
That's all.

Well if medical guidance tells him he’s not going to play football then the question has to be asked.

Also he was a Gerrard signing, Gio is building his own squad now.

No it doesn’t.

He is employed and receiving medical care from the club there is absolutely no way he’s going to give that up and to even suggest it is pretty stupid in my opinion.

It’s always the same. It’s the football manager mentality. We get x amount for a player so we need to spend the same on other players. No regards to wages, signing on fees, bonuses, agent fees or the fact our club has made a loss in probably every year of the last 30!
We need to win trophies mate, football trophies not the parsimony premier league. Besides I don't actually think I've seen anyone suggesting we blow all of the Bassey fee on transfers in, so not sure what your getting sanctimonious about.

I’d have took a punt on Doig but not at 3m, think at that price we could get someone better.

Leidner was linked a while ago but looks like he’s away to either Torino or balogna which is a shame because he’d be a really good signing

He’s never been linked.

It’s a risk free loan we have, no obligation to buy

There is a player there, I am sure of it. He hasn’t really had much of a chance to prove his worth yet given when he came in last year if we are being honest

He will most likely be a squad player unless he really presses on and stakes his claim in the team
We'll see.

If McCrorie goes on loan to St Mirren will we look to bring in a goalkeeper? It's the one position I'm not particularly confident in with our options right now.

Of course it is but my initial point which seems to have been lost is , right now he’s doesn’t justify the £4m fee.
We're not paying right now though so what is the issue with letting us judge him over the coming season and deciding when we have to if we want to keep him?Endless posts about him not having done anything up til now to show he's worth four million when we are 10 months away from that decision and not one of us knows how he will or won't progress this season. If he does and he's worth the outlay we will pay it if he doesn't we won't and he will go back to America. Simples

A lot of folk will say that's nonsense due to his dip last season, but you watch him develop now he's moved from Hibs, Verona will be laughing that he only cost £3m.

I’ve got Hibs pals who think that the £3m is a great bit of business for them due to how much he’s stalled/went backwards over the last 12-18 months.

I don’t think that it was helped that he was moved into central defence or left midfield under Jack Ross & Shaun Maloney.

Will be interesting how he does in Italy

A lot of folk will say that's nonsense due to his dip last season, but you watch him develop now he's moved from Hibs, Verona will be laughing that he only cost £3m.
I agree. Doig lost form last season but it happens. Lots of potential in him and would’ve been a good signing for us IMO.

No it doesn’t.

He is employed and receiving medical care from the club there is absolutely no way he’s going to give that up and to even suggest it is pretty stupid in my opinion.
So if he is never going to play we just honour a contract for the next few years? No chance. If he’s not able to play then a deal will be made to terminate it.

So if he is never going to play we just honour a contract for the next few years? No chance. If he’s not able to play then a deal will be made to terminate it.

Absolutely we do while he’s unable to play for anyone and while we take care of him medically.

We’ve done it for 2 years already that’s not going to change now.

What sort of scum would we look like terminating the contract of a guy with a heart condition ffs.

No offence.
Is he really keeping any of the others out the midfield, if they are fit?
Not for me.

Strange signing.
Is it, when you see all the attacking players we've signed?
2 of Jack, Lundstrum, Kamara or Sands. Then Kent, Tillman, Matondo, Colak.
(Obviously I'm talking in Europe especially)

What’s the script with Roofe, injured, when is he expected back or whatever?
Think he was doing rehab work at Auchenhowie last week you'd imagine he will be weeks away from a return.

It's just the same predictable situation with Roofe he will get fit eventually then break down again same as we have seen with Helander.

We should be actively looking to move him on this window preferably.

Ran Barisic ragged in that first half. I liked the look of him.

Out of contract next summer.

A goal in every 5 and a half games at Blackpool. That is decent considering the level of team he’s in.
he was exiciting to watch, we should be keeping tabs on him

Like I said it won’t be happening, but it’s where I think we could do with strengthening.

To be fair some clowns on here said we wouldn’t be having a rebuild. Well with Aribo and Bassey gone, and four in the door and more to come I would say they were wrong.
Tbf, that's what the manager said at the end of the season.

If we done that we’d end up with a NFL squad FS!
Players obviously need to go out too.

My reasoning is simple. GK McGregor is done, and I think we need someone better than McLaughlin.

Bassey will need replaced, as Gio said possibly with two players, left back and centre half.

A replacement for Jack due to the amount of football he misses.

Finally we currently have one fit striker. Roofe can’t be relied upon, Morelos if he doesn’t sign we need to try and move. That just leaves Colak, so I don’t think 5 more is that outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back