The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone lost their minds wanting to sell Kamara but keep an injury prone Ryan Jack who looks like he’s towing a caravan when we he plays?

Why not keep Kamara and play him in his best position and use some of the £20million net profit from our transfers this window to buy a quality box to box player?
Ryan Jack was one of our best players when he came back in to the team after injury fair enough he was shocking Tuesday but he’s not played much football you would be lucky to get 2 million for Jack anyway.

Kamara has struggled since Gio came in he doesn’t trust him in the 2 in big games either and we will get 12-15 million for him so he’s the priority to sell over everyone for me.

Love this sh*te.

Not a word about needing a new 1st choice all summer and after 1 game we desperately need one or else we're in bother.

Captain Hindsights all over the forum this week.
Plenty of people wanted a new keeper to replace McGregor there was a massive thread about him re signing and it was full of negativity because he’s done.

Nothing to do with Captain hindsight.

Ryan Jack was one of our best players when he came back in to the team after injury fair enough he was shocking Tuesday but he’s not played much football you would be lucky to get 2 million for Jack anyway.

Kamara has struggled since Gio came in he doesn’t trust him in the 2 in big games either and we will get 12-15 million for him so he’s the priority to sell over everyone for me.
Lol & so it begins..

'Kamara has struggled since Gio came in'.

'We will get 12-15 million for him'

I’d said consistently I’d rather have neither of them in goal but if I had to choose one it would be McGregor as he’s still the better of the two.

I can see why we kicked the can down the road for another year as other positions were more of a priority.

I’d have McGregor back in goals starting Saturday.

I’d said consistently I’d rather have neither of them in goal but if I had to choose one it would be McGregor as he’s still the better of the two.

I can see why we kicked the can down the road for another year as other positions were more of a priority.

this is such nonsense. McGregor cost us 3 wins last season, directly.

Lol & so it begins..

'Kamara has struggled since Gio came in'.

'We will get 12-15 million for him'
His stock is still high but if you can’t see he’s not the Same player as the one who played under Gerrard you need your glasses cleaned.

If he has a season like the way this one has started for him his valuation will drop dramatically.

McGregor shouldn’t be anywhere near our team the amount of goals and games he cost us last season.

We should have a new number one.

His stock is still high but if you can’t see he’s not the Same player as the one who played under Gerrard you need your glasses cleaned.

If he has a season like the way this one has started for him his valuation will drop dramatically.
We've never discussed what I think of him.

I was replying to your post about you saying he is struggling, but your putting a £12-15m price tag on him nonetheless.

Maybe your glasses need cleaned?

Anyone else hearing of interest in Denis Bouanga from St Etienne?

Yeah, last couple pages it has been mentioned. Not sure how true it is, do we need someone in his position? He was possibly an option when we were looking at Matondo.

We've never discussed what I think of him.

I was replying to your post about you saying he is struggling, but your putting a £12-15m price tag on him nonetheless.

Maybe your glasses need cleaned?
He’s struggling with Gio’s tactics doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

What’s your opinion then?

I don't believe we can say that this window so far has been anything other than a success. A poor performance in the USG game can't be what we base our judgements on.

We may be looking for a keeper, but I suspect if we were moves would have been made already. I fully believe Gio when he said no more incomings except to replace outgoing players.

He's got a very strong squad there.
We can’t say it’s been a success really mate. It’s far too early.

However, initial impressions I guess could be made, and they ain’t great to date if I’m being honest.

These UCL games continually seem to catch us off guard as an aside. We’ve one last chance to sort it. Make no mistake, this club needs to win this tie and give ourselves a crack at getting back to the group stages.

I don't believe we can say that this window so far has been anything other than a success. A poor performance in the USG game can't be what we base our judgements on.

We may be looking for a keeper, but I suspect if we were moves would have been made already. I fully believe Gio when he said no more incomings except to replace outgoing players.

Would it not be fair that if you can’t call it a failure it can’t also be considered a success.

I agree with you that it is far too early to make conclusions on our business this summer.

Anyone else hearing of interest in Denis Bouanga from St Etienne?

Maybe some kind of deal could be arranged (especially if Kent was to leave). Wasn’t St Étienne one of the teams rumoured to be interested in Sakala?

Why do we need to sell a player to buy one is my point? We must still have funds sitting . We’ve made £20 million net profit this window from transfers

We just need to be careful mate.

These transfers payments are normally spread over 3 years or so. We probably only have a half of the Bassey money in our bank account right now.

He’s struggling with Gio’s tactics doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

What’s your opinion then?
I think he is exactly that. A good player.

I like him.. if everyone's fit he's in contention, but it's Lundstram & one other in those roles for me.. & it's very much debatable for the other.

He cannot play further forward. Maybe, possibly for someone, but not for me at all.

That's not a £12-15m player for me, or else he would be one of the 1st on the teamsheet.

But it is in no way a go at him whatsoever. Just the valuation.

I think he is exactly that. A good player.

I like him.. if everyone's fit he's in contention, but it's Lundstram & one other in those roles for me.. & it's very much debatable for the other.

He cannot play further forward. Maybe, possibly for someone, but not for me at all.

That's not a £12-15m player for me, or else he would be one of the 1st on the teamsheet.

But it is in no way a go at him whatsoever. Just the valuation.
Thing Is he’s been outstanding in most European games he suited playing in Gerrards three.

When we changed 4231 after being swamped at the piggery Gio’s been reluctant to play him there in bigger games.

I honestly think he would do well in the EPL in a possession based team.

I honestly think we will get that sort of money If we sell him and I would happily move him on for anything over 8 figures.

Your comment about being a stand out and first name on the team sheet was similar as what I said last week.

A fit Jack and Lundstram he isn’t displacing.

You not heard mate? The usual FF drama brigade have decided 2 games is enough to make judgement.

Clowns the lot of them.

Love this sh*te.

Not a word about needing a new 1st choice all summer and after 1 game we desperately need one or else we're in bother.

Captain Hindsights all over the forum this week.

That's not true. A lot of people wanted us to sign a new keeper, but it became very clear that after mcgregor signed his new deal we weren't going to. Then the focus went on to people hoping McLaughlin was number one over Mcgregor.

I'm OK with McLaughlin still but I've personally wanted us to go for Butland all summer.

Far too bi polar and quick to jump in studs showing yes Tuesday was a stinker of a result but its hardly a trend yet let's see how we look after the transfer window when we have our full squad settled
I agree but it has to be a steep and successful learning curve because by the end of August it's not hard to lose a lot ground in the league.

You must have missed tons of posts as plenty said we need a new number 1.

If JM wasn't good enough last season to beat out a fast regressing AM he certainly won't be good enough this season..

It is an absolute priority to get a new keeper.

JM fine as a number 2.

I wouldn't judge Mclaughlin based on Gio not seeing Mcgregor was done last season and refusing to change it. Think given he's started both games so far is a sign that Gio knows he got it wrong last year but guess we will see what happens on Saturday.

We aren't going to sign a new keeper that's a number 1 especially with Mcgregor signing on for another year and with McCrorie still around we aren't carrying 4 goalkeepers.

Thing Is he’s been outstanding in most European games he suited playing in Gerrards three.

When we changed 4231 after being swamped at the piggery Gio’s been reluctant to play him there in bigger games.

I honestly think he would do well in the EPL in a possession based team.

I honestly think we will get that sort of money If we sell him and I would happily move him on for anything over 8 figures.

Your comment about being a stand out and first name on the team sheet was similar as what I said last week.

A fit Jack and Lundstram he isn’t displacing.
In my humble opinion Ryan Jack should be nowhere near our starting 11.

Fulgini sounded like a goer from what I could tell, but you may be right about redistributing the money to other areas of the team when it fell through.

Twelve months ago we bemoaned the lack of quality additions when tumbling out of the CL against Malmo. It would be terrible to find ourselves complaining about the same again.

It always sounded to me about how we wanted to structure payment rather than the fee. If the structure wasn't the issue we would have found the extra 500k or whatever it was

Tillman being on a loan to buy kind of confirms that for me tbh.

McGregor shouldn’t be anywhere near our team the amount of goals and games he cost us last season.

We should have a new number one.
We are two games in and McLaughlin has made mistakes that contributed to goals in both of them, yet he seems to be getting a bye and other players given the blame.

We don't need a CAM we've got Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi when he's back and Lowry that can play a number 10 role. Tillman is direct Aribo replacement and once he's settled I think he'll come good.

Our midfield 3 is hooching with players but they are all samey. But to me we have enough to get us into CL then I'd expect a number 8 at the very least signed but preferably a GK signed too but that gives us a window of 1 week to sign players.

Why would we sign another central attacking midfielder when we have Tillman, Lawrence and Lowry coming back too? We also have Arfield who can play there.

If Kamara was sold it would be a more creative central midfielder we'd need, it could be argued we need that now.
Creative/attacking/positive. However you want to word it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back