Man Utd finished as a force for the forceable future?

I love how all excited their fans got by a couple of a preseason results. Reasons why I never get excited by pre-season. They are training games, they are relaxed. Good players will shine in those games because they can because there is no real pressure. Its the league games, with the crowd already anxious and the pressure is really on that's what makes you as a player and all of these players bar Ronaldo have shown they cannot hack that pressure.

Ten Haag is a very good coach but he is not going to make McTominay a Man U player, Fred a Man U player, turn Maguire into Vidic or Ferdinand, make Luke Shaw slim. I thought maybe he could do something with Rashford but Rashford just looked the same, no improvement.

He is going to need to sell and buy and it will take a lot of time.

If Arnautivic(SP) is his answer then Ten Haag has even bigger problems.

Ten Haags teams are all about high press, high energy but I saw nothing of that yesterday. I saw the same as we saw under the last guy a manager who wants his team to press but players who don't seem to understand when to press or how to do it.

They looked really poor yesterday . The miss from Rashford was dreadful when Ronaldo set him up, half their team could be at a Brighton or Palace and wouldn’t stand out. The new Central Defender looked like he had been asked to play for the under 18’s when he was only 12.

It’s hilarious how utterly shit they are and there’s no signs that it’ll change anytime soon

They’re miles off Liverpool and City. I reckon they’ll do well to finish 4th this season

It’s hilarious how utterly shit they are and there’s no signs that it’ll change anytime soon

They’re miles off Liverpool and City. I reckon they’ll do well to finish 4th this season
Lucky to finish in the top 6.

Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
City

All have much better squads. That said, I don’t think the likes of West Ham will finish above them.

Lucky to finish in the top 6.

Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
City

All have much better squads. That said, I don’t think the likes of West Ham will finish above them.
Man Utd are in a group with West Ham and Wolves etc

I was expecting a huge clearcut and turnover of players this summer with Man Utd, especially with Ten Haag taking over but their business leaves a lot to be desired...

I think as soon as Gill and SAF left then it was the beginning of the end for them as a truly elite club.

Did they not lose Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra quite close to those management departures too?

Its actually hilarious they're trying to sign Arnautovic.

Brighton were outstanding yesterday
Welbeck had the first of his 3 good games a season
United were dogshit but people saying they won’t finish top six after ONE game are going to look silly
Outside City and Liverpool the division isn’t that good

The problems start at the very top. The Glazers don’t know how to run sports teams and routinely appoint the wrong people to run their operations. That filters down through everything and isn’t helped by the fans and people connected with the club living in the past.

I don’t think we’ll see United “back” until either the Glazers sell, or they luck into hiring the right person to run the club.

United were dogshit but people saying they won’t finish top six after ONE game are going to look silly
Spurs and Chelsea are literally miles ahead of United. Not even close

I said a couple of seasons ago Wolves were their new rivals and a United fan laughed. Wolves pumped them out a cup that season

That is their level

Brighton were good yesterday, and indeed most of last season.
Unless Man Utd Strengthen that midfield I can't see them finishing any higher than 6th.
I would argue Citeh, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have better squads and are in general coming from a stronger position in terms of settled management etc.
I think Newcastle will push them for 6th too.
I think any criticism of Manchester United and they way they are being run is fair. One of (if not THE) the most expensive squads in world football and they are frequently embarrassing. Yesterday was another embarrassing result. As good as Brighton were, It's still far too easy to score against Man Utd.

Arsenal will win a title before they do.

As an aside, they look like they are getting their act together a bit.

I love how all excited their fans got by a couple of a preseason results. Reasons why I never get excited by pre-season. They are training games, they are relaxed. Good players will shine in those games because they can because there is no real pressure. Its the league games, with the crowd already anxious and the pressure is really on that's what makes you as a player and all of these players bar Ronaldo have shown they cannot hack that pressure.

Ten Haag is a very good coach but he is not going to make McTominay a Man U player, Fred a Man U player, turn Maguire into Vidic or Ferdinand, make Luke Shaw slim. I thought maybe he could do something with Rashford but Rashford just looked the same, no improvement.

He is going to need to sell and buy and it will take a lot of time.

If Arnautivic(SP) is his answer then Ten Haag has even bigger problems.

Ten Haags teams are all about high press, high energy but I saw nothing of that yesterday. I saw the same as we saw under the last guy a manager who wants his team to press but players who don't seem to understand when to press or how to do it.
They do understand how to press they are just incapable in some cases downright refusing to in others.

If United had any balls at all they'd follow Arsenal's example and cancel the contracts of the likes of Jones, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred & McTominay; they may as well take the financial hit on the chin now that spread it out of the next several year because no cünt will buy any that gash and promote a bunch of the youngsters, who at least might have the stones to want to play for a Clun that size; a couple more years in the wilderness with a few quality verterans like Ericsson to learn from and they could claw their way back.
This bunch of laughable twats should be charged with bring the game I to disrepute

That’s a collective of weirdos TBF

Cunts who haven’t ever seen them play, doubt many people who ever actually go post on it

It’s…well… it’s Rangers Media

They are a support full of non-fans.

Look at Twitter.

You see a tweet and click on the profile and it’s “UTDBoyTrey” from Lagos, who couldn’t find Manchester on a map let alone visited Old Trafford.

With their massive resources, they should be able to turn it around fairly quickly with a sensible transfer policy and a decent coach in place. While there's still a fair bit for this transfer window to go, I'm not seeing any signs that they've got their arse in gear regarding improving the squad. I think ten Hag will struggle if they can't get upgrades in.

Ignoring the dreadful board and owners for now, they have a squad that needs a complete overhaul including Wan Bisaka, McGuire Fred, McTominay, Rashford, Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Martial and several others, that's multi millions wasted and a further multi million needing spending.

Biggest mistake was letting OGS hang around so long. It's still hard to believe he was allowed so much time.
The players decided to start trying after Mourinho left and that got him the job.

Crazy and will take years to recover from.
Let’s see Keane tell us ETH needs time, just like he done with Ole. Unlikely

Ignoring the dreadful board and owners for now, they have a squad that needs a complete overhaul including Wan Bisaka, McGuire Fred, McTominay, Rashford, Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Martial and several others, that's multi millions wasted and a further multi million needing spending.
A post that could have been written with minor alterations in any of the past 3 (maybe even 5) seasons and still be correct, and that is why they are absolutely f88ked.

The progress they are making is so insignificant that you can't even measure it.

Two of them came from the academy, the other 5 cost a collective £240m, or thereabouts.

Cmon yersel, you seriously saying after one game man u are out of running for the league,? Or any competition for that matter.

Are you sane.?

Now if they got put down to the 2nd division like we were then you got a point, otherwise it's a fantasy post.

They are fucking pish and at least half a dozen teams in the league are better. Of course they can’t win the league.

They’re symptomatic of a lot of English sides for me - throw money at a problem to try and make it better, without addressing the root cause.

Difficult to say they’re finished a force for the forceable though. Things in football can change very quickly, as we well know.

As far as this season goes - City are winning and I think it’s a reasonable bet that it will less of a title race than anything we see here.

They’re symptomatic of a lot of English sides for me - throw money at a problem to try and make it better, without addressing the root cause.

Difficult to say they’re finished a force for the forceable though. Things in football can change very quickly, as we well know.

As far as this season goes - City are winning and I think it’s a reasonable bet that it will less of a title race than anything we see here.

If we fall into the EL and get them in the latter stages, we are papping them out.

Manu used to have the spine of their team with great players. Now they are pretty weak and it will be a long time before they are title challengers.

They are a support full of non-fans.

Look at Twitter.

You see a tweet and click on the profile and it’s “UTDBoyTrey” from Lagos, who couldn’t find Manchester on a map let alone visited Old Trafford.
True of their home support and international fanbase ( whatever the fook that is)
Away support is still the best in England by a margin.
Horrible bstards mind

Reactions: VGM
The booing at half time and full time yesterday at Old Trafford was hilarious. The downfall of United is karma for the decades of cheating and intimidation of refs and officials by Alex Ferguson.
Even yesterday we see BHA denied stonewall penalty and United goal given after a clear handball

Maybe older bears can answer but how big would Man United be right now if not for Fergie?

They had close to the same amount of honours as Villa before Ferguson got there. Say he hadn't arrived, would it be outrageous to say they'd probably be similar in size?

Something I've always wondered.

They don’t have a transfer strategy at all.

Trying all summer to get de Jong in only to agree a deal for Rabiot after losing their opening fixture.

Juventus have been happy to get rid of him for ages. Scattergun.
They have a transfer policy like a child playing football manager. Find big names and throw money at them.

Back