Kjetil Knutsen

If we were to go for a new coach, well Rebrov would be a good choice but I could see our board going for Kevin Thomson.

Another who wouldn't last long with us.

First time we get sliced open like Leeds did by the end, folk would be baying for his head.
At least under Bielsa we'd get sliced open every now and then while trying to slice other teams open. Not like the status quo where we get sliced open while pissing about between the centre half's and the keeper with hardly a player near the halfway line.

If we are wanting to blow teams early kinda style Xisco Muñoz would be a shout. But you need to have the right character of players to do it.
That's a really good shout mate but like you said if don't know if we've got the plsyers to do what he wants. I've said on other threads I'd want Adi Hutter his Frankfurt said where 100mph going out and pasting sides and were very direct none of the 50 passes to then come all the way back again

Last edited:
He's done really well plus will know a totally different playing market what's his style of play like?

Similar to Gerrard's, only a bit more expansive in the forward areas. Likes more of a fluid front three than to simply have a singular focal point, although saying that he still does use strikers. He had guys like Tokmac, Uzuni and Zubkov shifting/switching it up quite regularly. It was all about quick interchanges on the ball and getting the ball into feet in areas that would cause defenders to shit themselves.

Apparently the 3 we interviewed were Gio, Todesco and Farke.

Far from underwhelming.

Gio was the right choice at the time which last season proved. I think people forget the state of the team/mentality Gerrard left.
Behave. Nobody other than Gio was interviewed

We could probably do with someone that knows the league although thats better said than done. We havent time for any vanity projects, we need results and back to basics.

Dejan Stankovic for me. I didn't think there was much between the teams when he brought Red Star to town, and he was operating under a far smaller budget than we had. They did well in Europe the season before too, getting knocked out by AC Milan on away goals.

His team won the league each season he was there, and broke attacking records in an unbeaten title-winning season. The league is our bread and butter. He had a 78% win rate which is insane considering it includes European competition. He's a sore loser and hopefully would bring some of that mentality to our current squad.

Dejan Stankovic for me. I didn't think there was much between the teams when he brought Red Star to town, and he was operating under a far smaller budget than we had. They did well in Europe the season before too, getting knocked out by AC Milan on away goals.

His team won the league each season he was there, and broke attacking records in an unbeaten title-winning season. The league is our bread and butter. He had a 78% win rate which is insane considering it includes European competition. He's a sore loser and hopefully would bring some of that mentality to our current squad.

Ronny Deila done really well in Norway IIRC.
Mate funnily enough I was going to post similar. Remember how we mocked the notion of bringing him in and an unknown from Japanese football.

What would happen if we did due diligence on this guy, the board think they have the right guy how much time as a supporter base do we give him? What if he couldn’t beat Celtic do we change things again?

Gio just now is having a shocking time of things at the moment and I’m not sure if he can turn it round or not but does he deserve the time to try to find a solution?

I get the impression though that something is wrong with the squad either they have lost interest in GVB or that GVB needs to knock a few heads together, drop some of the undroppables and mix things up a little.

The one thing I miss about Gerrard is that none of the players egos were ever an issue as they knew Gerrard was head and shoulder better than them as a player. Gio sometimes duri g interviews and pressers focuses on himself and keeps mentioning his achievements and when he was a player.

With Gerrard also the fans were far more patient with him and allowed him to make his mistakes and not win things yet GVB is in the door less than a year got us to a final in Europe, Won a Scottish cup and qualified us for the CL and is being hounded out by some. Maybe those people will be proven right but you worry that the due diligence that the club does is wrong and how does it effect the signing for future management?

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest that if GVB goes and Park is still the chairman we will end up going back in for Derek McInnes as he was who it was reported that Park wanted before Gerrard came in

Oh no, Gio's going. It's a matter of when.

Dychey would be all sorts of fun TBF though.

Dyche has lost the plot.

He put in a really odd appearance on the Keys and Gray podcast where he basically played up to the whole dinosaur schtick.

Do you listen to the Football Cliches podcast on The Athletic? They spent about half an hour ripping him apart.

It was a really odd appearance from Dyche.

Last edited:
There is not that many great managers out there and everyone is a risk. I would like Knutsen with KT in helping him. Give the young players a chance and move so many old guard and frauds out.

Dyche has lost the plot.

He put in a really odd appearance on the Keys and Gray podcast where he basically played up to the whole dinosaur schtick.

Do you listen to the Football Cliches podcast on The Athletic? They spent about half an hour ripping him apart.

The Kris Akabusi bit was absolute gold:D:D

For everyone shouting out for Bielsa can I just say Oor Wullie has a really good bucket and knows how to sit on it

Dyche has lost the plot.

I was cringing for Dyche on that. Any club with aspirations of progressing will not entertain the stuff he was saying.

We all have our opinions on who the next manager will be but who will the board go for is another question.

Any ex player easy options going about the now?

Dyche has lost the plot.

Haven't listened for a while. Recent episode ?

Someone like him at the very least, totally understand the concerns about his record overall though.

We simply cannot hire some brexit ball playing jobber like Sean Dyche.

Couldn’t care less if it’s a project manager who will take time, just make it fucking worth it by employing someone who plays exciting football.
“Brexit ball playing jobber”?

What’s that mean? That Dyche would get us out of Europe?

Seems our potential manager shortlist from fans is as pish poor as our scouting, have a good game against us and we want you in the door :))

Last edited:
I was cringing for Dyche on that. Any club with aspirations of progressing will not entertain the stuff he was saying.

It was really bizarre. I'm not sure if Keys and Gray amplified his blokey side but he seemed to be going out his way to prove how old-school he is.

And would be able to raid Serbia for fantastic players would be in on this too

He was my choice at the time. People having a go because this season isn’t going so smoothly are clueless, you can’t expect to keep working miracles every year endlessly.

Would our support get behind Bielsa?

You'd really have to indulge him 100%.

It was really bizarre. I'm not sure if Keys and Gray amplified his blokey side but he seemed to be going out his way to prove how old-school he is.
It was the type of interview you'd hear from an Allardyce or a Warnock that's retired and can talk openly about football, not someone like Dyche who should have aspirations of getting a job back in the Premier league as soon as he can.

Back