Kjetil Knutsen

We could probably do with someone that knows the league although thats better said than done. We havent time for any vanity projects, we need results and back to basics.

We don't need someone who knows the league - that's the last thing we need. We need a coach capable of setting up a team to win against other teams with a fraction of the resources we have ourselves.

It was really bizarre. I'm not sure if Keys and Gray amplified his blokey side but he seemed to be going out his way to prove how old-school he is.
Yeah if he was in a job and was clearly having a laugh it would have been fine. But managers do media work like that to put themselves out there, so it was very odd.

Also Football Cliches is the best pod around. Love it.

Not sure he’s been mentioned but Dejan Stankovic has recently left Red star.
History of being able to dominate domestically, won the league every year he’s been a coach so far.
They played some nice football against us in Europe aswell.

We don't need someone who knows the league - that's the last thing we need. We need a coach capable of setting up a team to win against other teams with a fraction of the resources we have ourselves.
Sick of people that know the league. We needs a manager with a style of play and who actually has ideas of how to improve us. %^*& all this knows the league, rangers man etc.

If they do sack him we would only be getting a free agent. No way would the board pay of GVB and compensation for someone.
No idea who is free at present.

IF the club where to part ways with Gio i think Kjetil Knutsen would be a really good candidate.

Plays an attack minded high pressing style of football. We would surely be in a good position to approach him while he is still at Bodo/Glimt.
If we’re going to change managers I think we do it now. It gives us a better chance of attracting people like this while we’re still in the Champions League.

Dejan Stankovic for me. I didn't think there was much between the teams when he brought Red Star to town, and he was operating under a far smaller budget than we had. They did well in Europe the season before too, getting knocked out by AC Milan on away goals.

His team won the league each season he was there, and broke attacking records in an unbeaten title-winning season. The league is our bread and butter. He had a 78% win rate which is insane considering it includes European competition. He's a sore loser and hopefully would bring some of that mentality to our current squad.
Interesting shout

Someone like him at the very least, totally understand the concerns about his record overall though.

We simply cannot hire some brexit ball playing jobber like Sean Dyche.

Couldn’t care less if it’s a project manager who will take time, just make it fucking worth it by employing someone who plays exciting football.
Only kind of football that matters is winning football

If they do sack him we would only be getting a free agent. No way would the board pay of GVB and compensation for someone.
No idea who is free at present.
Tedesco, Bielsa, Stankovic and De Zerbi are a few who are currently out of a job. There's also Pitso Mosimane a three time african champions league winner and has won something at the club he's managed for nine straight seasons.

Yep, seems a lot have forgotten that. Ffs, we even had people tracking planes with excitement.
How did the fans pick him?
Our board interviewed various candidates and selected the preferred one - right? :)

I'd love to know who else we interviewed if anyone.

maybe Rafa Benitez or Beisla all i want is a management team to get our players to fight for that jersey i get not all players are born with talent but they are all born with a heart cmon Rangers lets turn this around

Tedesco, Bielsa, Stankovic and De Zerbi are a few who are currently out of a job. There's also Pitso Mosimane a three time african champions league winner and has won something at the club he's managed for nine straight seasons.
Villas Boas, Benitez but cannot think of anyone Wilson would go for

The more I look into Dejan Stanković the more impressed I am. 3 leagues and 2 cups with Red Star playing attacking football, an unbeaten season breaking the goals for record. Done pretty well in Europe too. Not a great league by any means but neither is ours and having a manager that can handle the dross week in week out is exactly what is needed.

And you trust the board to deliver this? Wilson will bring some hipster in probably from Belgium than none of us have heard of. At least if we have someone that knows league it gives us half a chance. Pedro and Gio havent worked why would another foreign coach.

Villas Boas, Benitez but cannot think of anyone Wilson would go for
Think these two are "chequebook" managers. Don't get me wrong Benitez did great on limited resources for EPL standards at Newcastle, but he was forever complaining about lack of funds there and at Liverpool towards the end of his reign.
Can't see the board putting up with all that every week! There's a perfect fit for the club out there somewhere but do you trust those in charge to find them & if they did make promises they can deliver on?!

Story was that Park senior suggested Jimmy Calderwood and that was after Jimmy’s family had announced he was ill. Apparently Park was unaware! So I’m with you I cannot get my head round whom they’ll approach probably Jack Ross :eek:

Made up pish.

Not sure if mentioned previously but Serhiy Rebrov for me.. Board should have him on that Emirates flight to Glasgow ASAP. As far as I'm concerned Gio is done, defeatist wetwipe of a man.

IF the club where to part ways with Gio i think Kjetil Knutsen would be a really good candidate.

Plays an attack minded high pressing style of football. We would surely be in a good position to approach him while he is still at Bodo/Glimt.
For me, now not sure we could get him but I would love Urs Fischer at Union Berlin. Transformed a low budget team to Europe two seasons on the bounce.

Gio ain’t getting sacked anytime soon, Knutsen would be my 1st choice too, but nowt will happen until next season or jan at the earliest me thinks

I don't have names but I'd like the following attributes/ personality traits as priority..

- Win at all costs type mentality.

- Attacking football thats based around pressing the opposition.

- A Leader with personality.

If we can find a guy with the above 3 things we'll be doing alright.

Not sure he’s been mentioned but Dejan Stankovic has recently left Red star.
History of being able to dominate domestically, won the league every year he’s been a coach so far.
They played some nice football against us in Europe aswell.
Why has he left Red Star?

He resigned after failing to qualify for the Champions League again.
His domestic & europa record is pretty incredible.
Domestic yes, Europa is good but not incredible. He’d be a very interesting one, though a very different proposition coming to Scotland compared to managing his home team. Judging by his league record I wouldn’t oppose it at all though.

Domestic yes, Europa is good but not incredible. He’d be a very interesting one, though a very different proposition coming to Scotland compared to managing his home team. Judging by his league record I wouldn’t oppose it at all though.
I know we went through but I thought Red Star outplayed us in both legs. Quick passing attacking football. No 40 passes between the back 4 before humping it diagonally to either wing

How did the fans pick him?
Our board interviewed various candidates and selected the preferred one - right? :)

I'd love to know who else we interviewed if anyone.
He was by far the preferred choice on here. That's what I'm saying and it's for that reason I don't take fans expertise seriously.

At least before, we were all talking about football on the pitch, now we have experts in how to run a football club.

Ronny Deila done really well in Norway IIRC.
Understand there’s concerns but I don’t get this logic (assuming your using this as a reason not to appoint him if you’re not apologies) would United have thought ‘oh GvB done well in Holland we shouldn’t get ETH. Knutsen took bodo glimt 4 minutes away from a straight shootout for UCL football and into a European quarter final (Conference League). If the figures I’m seeing on Wikipedia are correct the further way delia got stromsgodet was the third qualifier in the UEL.

Who ? We would be stupid to appoint a guy from a minor club.
I would try and get Michael Beale with big Dunc on his coaching team

Dejan Stankovic for me. I didn't think there was much between the teams when he brought Red Star to town, and he was operating under a far smaller budget than we had. They did well in Europe the season before too, getting knocked out by AC Milan on away goals.

His team won the league each season he was there, and broke attacking records in an unbeaten title-winning season. The league is our bread and butter. He had a 78% win rate which is insane considering it includes European competition. He's a sore loser and hopefully would bring some of that mentality to our current squad.

He is a coach who isn't afraid to skate it up.

I think he used about 6 different formations last season in Europe.

Stankovic is a name that I hadn’t heard, but I like the ok of his record, having looked at the stats. We wouldn’t be short of applicants though.

Delia 2.0 but
Mate I don’t doubt that he is a good manager but you have to accept that given the way our support works he would be deemed no good because he isn’t a household name. There are very many comparisons to be drawn to our reaction to guys like Daila, Caixhina or even Postecoglu. There is a mistrust of someone left field or unknown regardless of the interview process or how the manager came across.

We have had big name, well fancied managers too mind you who have been rotten PLG being one name that crops up.

Jesus Christ. Not this guy again.

A guy who is 54 years old, second in the Norwegian league and got battered 4-1 at the weekend.

Wouldn't last six months at Ibrox. Folk are deluding themselves he'd get the time or the respect he needed
Exactly let's give gio time and respect ffs. It was only 4 weeks ago we were treating him like a tactical genius and a massive upgrade on SG. Sure we got pumped last night and over at the Saville dome. Sad truth is both those teams have better players. Look at our squad

Keepers - both over 30 and free transfers
Defence- generally they have not played at any level perhaps with the exception of borna
tav - Wigan 2nd level in england
Goldson and Davies have no serious experience before Ibrox
Midfield- lundstrum- did he peak last season, decent player though
Kamara - dundee
Lawrence - decent upgrade and looks rangers class
Tillman - a kid on loan
Colac decent enough for spl maybe not 1st pick
Wright or Matondo- no real pedigree possible they might develop
Kent - always thought we paid 7m for a youth team player who may develop so far not great
Alfie- well he did really well but the baggage!!!

Back