Napoli Away?

Fair play to any Bears still travelling. I ended up cancelling, my flights were £150 and getting refunded the tax for them which is £45 so only just over 100 quid down. I'm scunnered that Rangers have just rolled over and took this decision and not even acknowledged the fans that have already booked up in their statement. I hope it gets over turned despite me cancelling as a nice get it up you to both Rangers and UEFA.

Crazy situation. Broomloan Collective contacted Football Supporters Europe (FSE) just after it was announced. Hopefully they are able to do something especially with 6 weeks notice. They managed to overturn the Lyon away situation with a day or 2 notice
also think today they are focused on napoli at Ibrox

Also, fwiw, if FSE or other efforts are unsuccessful, I think they'll open up an unofficial away end on the day (similar to Young Boys a few years ago). Although may be slightly more difficult with how strict the Italians are with tickets and ID etc
Hopefully, but I think it might be different for the reasons you mentioned.

UEFA have put Rangers fans in more danger with this ridiculous situation.

Also, fwiw, if FSE or other efforts are unsuccessful, I think they'll open up an unofficial away end on the day (similar to Young Boys a few years ago). Although may be slightly more difficult with how strict the Italians are with tickets and ID etc
The difference between this and Young boys is that we weren't banned by UEFA, it was a decision by Rangers not to take the tickets.

It was unlikely that Young boys were in favour of it whereas it looks like Napoli are in this case since their fans are effectively banned from Ibrox

Still seriously pissed off at this decision. I’m unsure on cancelling or just going and spending a couple of days over there.

Was going to do the day trip for this one gutted we aren't getting an allocation. This ground is high on the list of places I want to see Rangers play. Awful that UEFA have came to this decision but not unexpected as they make it up as they go along. Still expect Napoli fans in Glasgow on Wednesday and don't really blame them just like I don't blame Rangers fans going there in a few weeks. Loads have taken holidays and spent hundreds of £s for this game and the game in Naples crazy they would rather have fans roaming about in the streets rather than in the ground. Are police Scotland really that low on numbers that the games in England can go ahead? Ajax and Dortmund will probably (at a guess) have 5 times the amount each of Napoli fans that were due to travel. If that is the case Police Scotland aren't fit for purpose. Hopefully FSE do the job they didn't wait about at 2 days notice and got us sorted so hopefully they will sort it this time don't usually care about other teams fans, but feel bad for Napoli fans basically getting told the day before they were probably leaving to come here that they now have no tickets.

From a public order perspective the original decision by UK authorities is puzzling as surely a load of angry Neapolitans will require more police attention roaming the streets than inside Ibrox.

This has then led to an equally unnecessary problem in Naples.

Hopefully Napoli and the Italian police will keep an “unofficial away end” for our fans travelling over.
If they were going to do that you would have thought that they would just have told UEFA not to bother with the ban.

It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Aye but nearer the time it starts to make sense when they get intelligence of hundreds of Rangers fans over in Naples anyway with home end tickets

That changes things. They won’t encourage it just now cos everyone will still go

If they can do it for Linfield Celtic this isn’t beyond possibility

It's kicking the can down the road for them

Aye but nearer the time it starts to make sense when they get intelligence of hundreds of Rangers fans over in Naples anyway with home end tickets

That changes things. They won’t encourage it just now cos everyone will still go

If they can do it for Linfield Celtic this isn’t beyond possibility
You would like to think so. It depends on whether Napoli have gone about it because their fans are banned and want to stick to that because of it. If they were to enforce id checks it wouldn't be hard to spot our fans with home tickets.

It also depends on how the police deal with it. They seem to have been fine in the past unlike the Spanish.

Our own club have said precisely nothing about the unfairness of our away fans being fuucked over and they will be doing nothing either. Instead youve got the FSE and an italian mp fighting our corner. Sad to be honest but not a surprise.
For my own part im probably gonna give this a miss now. Will lose the flight money. If it was anywhere else id probably still go and go in the home end. Done it before, most recently berne, but this could be a different kettle of fish.

You'd like to think Rangers put up a fight on behalf of our travelling support but you know they would have been delighted at this and walked out the meeting without a word muttered.

Scunnering.
@Greg Marshall ,will the club argue on behalf of their supporters ?
a lot of people stand to lose money and those who travel will be more at risk if not in stadium

13 of us still travelling ,we are flying out morning of the game and home at 06.30 the next day , flights non refundable ,holidays granted from work ,will source home end if need be and take my chances
I will say a few words at your funeral mate

:p

Wanting Face Value mate, what did you pay?
It was about 100. But with all the messing about I just did it at least I know one way or the other I'll get the ticket.

I saw that someone on here purchased a Napoli Fidelity card, I think it's 40 euro and then you can get a face value ticket too

13 of us still travelling ,we are flying out morning of the game and home at 06.30 the next day , flights non refundable ,holidays granted from work ,will source home end if need be and take my chances
Doing the same I think home end should be fine as they didn’t even sell out against Liverpool

If they were going to do that you would have thought that they would just have told UEFA not to bother with the ban.

It doesn't make sense otherwise.
They will be trying to put off fans travelling, nearer the time they will know fans are still going to go and Italian police may step in and tell them to accommodate us rather than loads of fans all over Naples city centre.

We’re flying Tue afternoon back Into Manchester 14:40 on the Thursday. We will probs do the same regarding home end but avoiding both ends behind the goals

Back