MOTM Poll Rangers v Napoli - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Much much better show of commitment tonight. However all our subs coming on weakened the side which is worrying. Red card didnae help either. 3-0 is harsh and losing to a quality Napoli side is no shame.

“We bought Europa level players to play in the champs league.”

Yip and we also left them on the bench for much of the game. Whole situation is box of frogs crazy:
I have kinda given up on trying to figure out what is going on??!

We are going backwards terribly

Improved performance. Harsh result though we didn’t really deserve a point though a goal wouldn’t have been unjustified.

Mate it's just not getting beat it's the goals we are shipping our whole back line is awful including Tav who has apparently got an injury ,I'm not sure it's that he is only one of the back 4 so not all his fault but that starting team although fighting hard should never have been selected and it's on the manager that's my opinion and I am sticking to it.
I understand all the gripes about the performances against the scum and against Ajax.
Not about tonight’s game though.
It’s almost as if some are happy it went to three and not just one.

Yes, Napoli had more possession (to be expected, but ultimately doesn't mean all that much) and we were creating at least equally as good chances as them, and making their keeper work. It was a massive improvement. Fell apart after going to 10, but what are we expecting against a side of that quality, they will pick you off once down to 10.
Exactly mate

Agree with all of that.
Although i think some expect us *not* to be levels behind that's where we are at currently.
Looking at our squad, how we are playing and the tactics we are trying to play we may not even be Europa level.

What the %^*& is the big line up for corners ????

He missed big chances and was outjumped countless times tonight, did okay when he came into the middle but showed a lack of commonsense pulling a man back when on a yellow.
Colak got us here with his goals.
Morelos allowed us to play a different more direct style tonight that took the pressure off the defence - that wasn’t possible last week hence we were well in the game.
I don’t dispute he missed chances and was lucky not to be sent off (I think the whistle may already have gone??) He gets fit we have more options.

Certainly a lot more spirited tonight. Every reason to feel we might have got a result with 11 men.

Any cause for grievance over the big calls? Haven’t seen them back yet.

McGregor ended all debate over who should be number one really. He did what you’d expect a number one to do.

I also thought more might have stayed to applaud the team on this occasion. Silly me

Much better performance tonight and the team deserve credit for that.
Don’t understand Gio putting on Kamara and Tillman though when we needed hard work on there. Kamara is at it, shouldn’t even be on the bench in my opinion. Tillman looks like a boy lost and doesn’t seem to have any urgency about him.
He doesn’t look ready for the scrap yet.

Celtic and Ajax games were really painful. 4-0 and deservedly so. Absolutely hopeless. Tonight was even until they get their first goal via a clear penalty. We're a man down because of another clear penalty and subsequent 2nd booking for Sands.

The negatives? Certainly there for all to see. Tav clearly isnt fit and we had Lundstram trying to cover some of his defensive duties. Sands isnt a centre half. Barasic makes an idiotic decision to keep his arm where he did.. I don't think Davis is capable these days. Morelos' performance ranged from really effective to horribly selfish and ill disciplined.

But the positives? McGregor looked far better than McGlaughlin has recently. Goldson had a better game tonight. I thought Jack was ok for much of his time on the park. Arfield grafted and tried to have an impact on the game. Kent was inconsistent, but did trouble them on occasion.

Did tonight really feel like a 3-0 game? Could say that in the first half Napoli hit the woodwork and forced a good save from McGregor, but we lost 2 goals late in the 2nd half when we were down to 10 men and the game was beyond us..

It's not great. We've got a £4million centre half warming the bench as a last resort because he's not fit enough for anything else. There's now an argument that Sands shouldn't be playing centre half and King is worth trying as a partner for Goldson. There's an argument that we wasted £5.5million for Yilmaz when he's not ready to start for us. We don't have proper cover for Tav. Our £2.5million wide attacker is nowhere near ready to make an impact. Our Bayern loan player is very raw and can't be relied on. Morelos is doing Morelos things. That's easily £12million on players who aren't really playing for us and loan fees/wages.

On the other hand? Application was there tonight and at least a few players showed some kind of reaction. Celtic and Ajax games were gut wrenching. Really poor. There didnt look to be anything that we could have built on from those games. Tonight? Different matter. Goldson played a better game tonight and its probably time for King to partner him, at least until we can get Davies fit. Kent showed up in flashes and he needs to build on that. Arfield has to have played his way into the team. There are glimpses tonight of something that the coaches can work with and something that we can improve on.

Need to make changes going forward, but at least there are signs that some players are giving us a reaction. There's something from tonight that we can build on.
Agree with a lot of that but totally disagree with Davies, thought he was really good tonight and showed his experience.

Big takeaways for me were Kamara is playing like he's already away, doesn't care. Shagger back in goals, Kent painfully inconsistent, Alfie needs more games and also another boot up the arse after that mental shirt pull while on a yellow, and Sands is never a CB.

Just seen the barasic penalty, we are are so filled with weak gutless players, back turned hand in the air, if kamara keeps running for the last goal having lost it, he's on the player , an imposter

So you weren't happier after watching the first 45? We were matching them until that sending off.

The team were fine, set up well and were definitely better than the last few games, for me that is encouraging.
As a poster said, same mistakes by same players and now we are are relying on arfield and jack in midfield, we have kamara who I said is too slow at this level and kent looks a spent force all ready
Mcgregor was excellent tonight, but we all wanted rid of him, now the manager whill bring him back.. the signings in the summer have been a disaster

Better performance until the ref took full control.

We still need pace, power and a goal scorer.

Sands should never set foot in cb again, Goldson needs dropped as he is utter pish at the moment.

The faster Kamara is gone the better.
To be fair, Goldson was one of our better players tonight.
Can’t blame him for others mistakes tonight, although he is one of the whipping boys now, and it’s difficult to give him praise when he plays well.
Easier to just say he’s pish.

I understand all the gripes about the performances against the scum and against Ajax.
Not about tonight’s game though.
It’s almost as if some are happy it went to three and not just one.
Aye too many looking for a good moan about the score but no comment on the performance.

It’s all about throwing new signings on or academy players while they’re injured/not available/another player is doing well so won’t be dropped/just because right!

Thought we'd give a good account of ourselves tonight, and we did. Can't fault the lads for effort. Have no issue with the penalties or the red card. Our inexperience at this level really showed at times.

Sands red card changed the game, up to then we were holding our own. After that we fell apart.

Our biggest problem is we carry little threat upfront, and our midfield doesn’t move the ball quickly enough.

Our subs were all pathetic and didn’t change the game one little bit, in fact they made matters worse.

I don't think it was that painful to watch. I thought we looked like we were giving them a game until the ref ruined it.
Sitting willing them on with a stomach full of dread knowing what is probably about to unfold.

Ref was poor but I am not sure if we can really say he ruined it?? We get caught on our heels, sands dives in to try and salvage the boy going through, he was a little clumsy in the challenge, ball sneaks through his legs and then a coming together with their player.

Penalty and red (2nd yellow) for me, Sands was a little unlucky

To be fair, Goldson was one of our better players tonight.
Can’t blame him for others mistakes tonight, although he is one of the whipping boys now, and it’s difficult to give him praise when he plays well.
Easier to just say he’s pish.
He was terrible and chasing shadows all night. Looked completly gone with 10 mins to go.

I just think he's more clinical those chances go to Colak he's hitting the target. You have to look past players who can just run about.
Like the header he missed against Celtic which was a better chance than Morelos had?

He is a good clinical striker but offers nothing much else. Morelos holds the ball up, batters defenders, wins us free kicks and his link up play is lightyears ahead of Colak.

I like Colak but he isn’t a lone striker. If we play him I would rather our wingers were narrow to support or we played Morelos narrow on the right with him.

I'm normally in the Jose Mourinho boat of taking no positives from a defeat, but at least we did compete with what looks like a very good side. Some of their footwork was breathtaking.

I actually wish Lowry could have played, not for his influence on the score line, but for his to measure when he is and where he needs to be to get to the top level.

Just seen the barasic penalty, we are are so filled with weak gutless players, back turned hand in the air, if kamara keeps running for the last goal having lost it, he's on the player , an imposter
Really? Beaten by the better team for sure, and we are naive at this level, but I thought the lads gave it everything tonight. Ajax was gutless. They left everything on the pitch tonight. Add some quality to that, and we'll be back on track in no time.

Big improvement tonight , ref killed the game and made himself the main talking point . McGregor seemed to take charge and talk defence through the game .

More like we sold Champions League level players and replaced with bang average
I think the highlight of how bad our recruitment has been was no new players starting tonight’s match…….

That’s tells you everything you need to know on us going backwards

Like the header he missed against Celtic which was a better chance than Morelos had?

He is a good clinical striker but offers nothing much else. Morelos holds the ball up, batters defenders, wins us free kicks and his link up play is lightyears ahead of Colak.

I like Colak but he isn’t a lone striker. If we play him I would rather our wingers were narrow to support or we played Morelos narrow on the right with him.
Yes, but look at his goals and who got us here, while Morelos was doing his best work on Instagram.
I just do not get the hype every time Morelos decides to turn up, look at the clear chances missed he's there to score goals.

Sands red card changed the game, up to then we were holding our own. After that we fell apart.

Our biggest problem is we carry little threat upfront, and our midfield doesn’t move the ball quickly enough.

Our subs were all pathetic and didn’t change the game one little bit, in fact they made matters worse.
Until the Barisic hand ball we were still in the game.still creating chances with 10 men. Not sure why you’re expecting from subs when we’re down 1-0’with 10’men - it’s damage limitation at that point

I just think he's more clinical those chances go to Colak he's hitting the target. You have to look past players who can just run about.
They’re too very different players and offer very different things.

Čolak really does need supply to him in the box and he’ll finish. He’s not exactly been getting that lately. Very good finisher though.

Walking back from Ibrox now. Proud of the team tonight. That ref should never officiate again.
I think you'll feel differently when you see the replays. Both penalties were correct, ours wasn't a handball it hit his midriff. Very unlucky, but all correct decisions by the letter of the law.
He did get a couple of decisions wrong and he gave Kent %^*& all all night.

They’re too very different players and offer very different things.

Čolak really does need supply to him in the box and he’ll finish. He’s not exactly been getting that lately. Very good finisher though.
Colak was too slow when he came on we needed a Sakala who's not technically the best but has speed and can also score goals.
Horses for courses.

I think you'll feel differently when you see the replays. Both penalties were correct, ours wasn't a handball it hit his midriff. Very unlucky, but all correct decisions by the letter of the law.
He did get a couple of decisions wrong and he gave Kent %^*& all all night.
He seemed to give them a foul for every contact. I think that's what annoys people more.

Yes, but look at his goals and who got us here, while Morelos was doing his best work on Instagram.
I just do not get the hype every time Morelos decides to turn up, look at the clear chances missed he's there to score goals.
Morelos is the reason we got as far as the Europa League final last season.

Without him we wouldn’t have got as far as Dortmund never mind past them.

Back