MOTM Poll Rangers v Napoli - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why have you changed this to Gio? did the facts not suit you?

Colak got us through against USG and PSV How many goals has Morelos got this season?
It's alright being a bit of a fanboy but back them up since Colak arrived who's done the business?
I’m not a fan boy at all. I know who the better striker for our system is though.

You have a cheek to call anyone a fanboy after the shite you say to anyone who dares criticise Gio. Looks like you are starting to realise he isn’t the man for the job though, well done.

The biggest thing we learned from tonight is that Wilson should not be trusted with another transfer window. Should be shown the door now. Gio on a hiding to nothing with the standard of new players he was given for this season.
But surely our manager has a say in the buying of the players.its not just up to Ross Wilson.

I’m not a fan boy at all. I know who the better striker for our system is though.

You have a cheek to call anyone a fanboy after the shite you say to anyone who dares criticise Gio. Looks like you are starting to realise he isn’t the man for the job though, well done.
The better striker is the one who does not score and can't take chances and this is the second season he hasn't got himself in shape to play.

I can see why you are trying to turn the thread to Gio.

The better striker is the one who does not score and can't take chances and this is the second season he hasn't got himself in shape to play.

I can see why you are trying to turn the thread to Gio.
The one who can’t score? You mean the one who is our all time European top scorer? That one that can’t score?

First viewing in real time I thought sands wins it, on the slow mo he doesn’t gets it, takes out the player, defo a pen and 2nd yellow.

He was unlucky, a fraction of a second earlier or a little to the left on the tackle it’s a great tackle.

Fine lines but for me the correct decision
He was also unlucky that scotty made a howler and let them in.

As I said what has he done this season? who's been the best player Colak or Morelos this season?

Who got us into this competition?
Did you watch Colak against Celtic and Ajax?

Morelos was miles better tonight than Colak was in those 2 games where he barely even touched the ball.

Colak will be good against the dross when we dominate as he is clearly a more clinical striker than Morelos but in these games where we will be chasing the game there’s not even a debate who should be starting.

Did you watch Colak against Celtic and Ajax?

Morelos was miles better tonight than Colak was in those 2 games where he barely even touched the ball.

Colak will be good against the dross when we dominate as he is clearly a more clinical striker than Morelos but in these games where we will be chasing the game there’s not even a debate who should be starting.
PSV is now equal to dross I guess as is USG, Morelos was better but missed two chances yet Colak scored the goals that got us here, stop being a fanboy and get real.
How many goals has Morelos got against Celtic in nineteen games?

You are wasting my time replying to you as you cannot be honest.

There must be a doubt tonight with the team selection. Think the manager was making a statement.
Fair enough mate.but surely our manager must have say in the players we sign.i just can,t see him accepting a player he dosn,t want. Unless he is a veryweak character.

Fair enough mate.but surely our manager must have say in the players we sign.i just can,t see him accepting a player he dosn,t want. Unless he is a veryweak character.
May have a point with the end statement there. Maybe too nice. Not a good trait in a Rangers manager.

PSV is now equal to dross I guess as is USG, Morelos was better but missed two chances yet Colak scored the goals that got us here, stop being a fanboy and get real.

Let’s not make out he done something miraculous against PSV. He tapped the ball in to an empty net from 3 yards out after Tillman done all the work. Apart from that he done nothing. How did he play in the embarrassment against USG away?

USG at home is more suited to him as it’s a game we dominated at home so kind of proves my point in how to use him.

Like I said, I like Colak and believe he is a more clinical striker than Morelos but he’s a man down against the better teams in Gios system. If he had support then maybe he should start but as a lone striker he’s an empty jersey.

Let’s not make out he done something miraculous against PSV. He tapped the ball in to an empty net from 3 yards out after Tillman done all the work. Apart from that he done nothing. How did he play in the embarrassment against USG away?

USG at home is more suited to him as it’s a game we dominated at home so kind of proves my point in how to use him.

Like I said, I like Colak and believe he is a more clinical striker than Morelos but he’s a man down against the better teams in Gios system. If he had support then maybe he should start but as a lone striker he’s an empty jersey.
You are wasting my time you keep supporting a player who lets us down over a player who got us Champions League football.
Now downplaying Colaks achievements just makes you look idiotic.

a heavy defeat but a far far better performance... from some

McGregor - rolled back the years with heroics

Goldson - not as bad as he has been but some slackness
Lundstram - played the 77 hype player well for 25 mins then got slack - better tho
Sands - ok defensively but always drawing yellow cards, need to play him in midfield to see if we should buy

Tav - much much better
Davis - terrific until 60 mins - and thats the problem, his age is catching him up
Jack - felt like he didnt even touch the ball till 10mins in, settled into a good performance but his passing is still laboured and slow
Barisic - solid, great support

Kent - almost a v good performance, worked more, took them on more and actually had a shot!
Morelos - tremendous, ref was very hard on him not giving him numerous fouls he earned
Arfield - shambles, lost in the 10 role game passing him by, misses possibly our best chance and then causes the chaos for the sending off which totally changed the game

King - was good
Matondo - some brainfart moments but he worked hard and was better than recent performances
Colak - worked hard nothing else
Tillman - not quite clicking, put under pressure a lot by teammates
Kamara - doesn;t want to play for us, don't play him

You are wasting my time you keep supporting a player who lets us down over a player who got us Champions League football.
Now downplaying Colaks achievements just makes you look idiotic.
You keep supporting a manager who has us embarrassed week on week while handing a title back to Celtic again.

Where is the play from the last three or more years performances in Europe that had us off our seats?
Too many teams to mention that we competed with.
Now, albeit a much higher level, nothing from our side.
No pace in the team from two to eleven.
Is there a change in play? Jon Lundstrom is nowhere in these big games other than looking to get a card. Ryan Jack, Connor, Scotty, Tav, what’s going on?
Every player caught in possession at one point.
Napoli are having a very good start to their season and their speed of pass cut us to ribbons every time.
I hope we can get it together, or Gio is in bother.

So disappointed in those Rangers fans who got up and left when Napoli made it 0-2.
I just don’t get it, your team needs you and you get up and leave. Pisses me off.
And before I hear any crap about travel and work, I have a 2.5 hour drive to Aberdeen in the morning for a 8.15am start. Full days work and drive home!!

Utter pish. There's a section of our support who make up their mind about someone and just cannot see anything else.

He showed tonight that he can more than operate at this level and he can hold his head high.
For me, as one of his biggest critics, I’d agree.
That said, it’s not just about tonight.
It has to be about his form in general, over months,

Just back in from the game and have to say I'm disappointed with the result...but not the performance!
There were obviously a couple of huge turning points in the game but 0-3 doesn't reflect the true nature of the game.
I thought we deserved at least a draw and maybe with a fair wind behind us, a cheeky wee win!

You want to compare their goal record?
Then come down on the side of Colak?
You ask whose goals got us into the CL?
Would the league goals scored last season not count?
Would the European goals that won us co-efficiency points not count?
Why would goals in a season other than this or the last one, matter a jot?

You want to compare their goal record?
Then come down on the side of Colak?
You ask whose goals got us into the CL?
Would the league goals scored last season not count?
Would the European goals that won us co-efficiency points not count?
Why would goals in a season other than this or the last one, matter a jot?
I was comparing Colak for what he's done for us this season compared to Morelos.

How can we compare Colak on seasons he's not here?

I was comparing Colak for what he's done for us this season compared to Morelos.

How can we compare Colak on seasons he's not here?
Why did Gio see him as the best option tonight then if Colak is clearly much better?

Why were we much better at holding the ball up and attacking tonight if Colak is much better?

Why did Morelos actually get more than a handful of touches if Colak is much better?

Your actually deluded if you think Colak is the better option in these games against better opposition.

Morelos done more tonight than Colak done against Celtic and Ajax combined. In fact he done more in the Celtic game in the limited time on the pitch than Colak done before him.

I went for Shagger and I would make him captain at the weekend too. Boot up the arse that Tav clearly needs!

Why did Gio see him as the best option tonight then if Colak is clearly much better?

Why were we much better at holding the ball up and attacking tonight if Colak is much better?

Why did Morelos actually get more than a handful of touches if Colak is much better?

Your actually deluded if you think Colak is the better option in these games against better opposition.

Morelos done more tonight than Colak done against Celtic and Ajax combined. In fact he done more in the Celtic game in the limited time on the pitch than Colak done before him.
So now you think Gio's right?
Morelos did all his best work nowhere near the box, How were we going to get goals from him?
When he did get two chances he missed them.
Morelos did nothing against Celtic and has two goals in nineteen which is not great.

Gio picks who he picks it did not work again tonight.

So now you think Gio's right?
Morelos did all his best work nowhere near the box, How were we going to get goals from him?
When he did get two chances he missed them.
Morelos did nothing against Celtic and has two goals in nineteen which is not great.

Gio picks who he picks it did not work again tonight.
Without Morelos we barely got out our own half against Ajax. Tonight he made a massive difference. If you can’t see that then football isn’t your thing.

So your saying it didn’t work AGAIN tonight? After slating me and many others for having the audacity to doubt him? You wanted to give him time but 2 weeks later now you are doubting him?

Without Morelos we barely got out our own half against Ajax. Tonight he made a massive difference. If you can’t see that then football isn’t your thing.

So your saying it didn’t work AGAIN tonight? After slating me and many others for having the audacity to doubt him? You wanted to give him time but 2 weeks later now you are doubting him?
I prefer my strikers to score goals not run about in midfield. I also prefer them to take their chances when they get them as good strikers do.
Tonight never worked as we lost 3-0, I guess you are more of the mindset that we saw last week from their supporters who saw 3-0 as a moral victory for me I just see us losing again.

I prefer my strikers to score goals not run about in midfield. I also prefer them to take their chances when they get them as good strikers do.
Tonight never worked as we lost 3-0, I guess you are more of the mindset that we saw last week from their supporters who saw 3-0 as a moral victory for me I just see us losing again.
Like Colak did against Celtic? He missed an easier chance than Morelos’ header tonight. He then went on to touch the ball about 5 times the whole game.

I didn’t see any moral victory I also see us losing again hence why I don’t want Gio as manager like I have said since last season and was ridiculed by posters like you.

Anybody who can't see the quality of Napoli is in dreamland.

We did cave in to Ajax and Septic which I think was part- due to the massive high in qualifying for this league.

Tonight was a big step back to normalty - and had luck been on our side we could even have nicked it.

When players get yellow cards they need replaced pronto in this league -AND our own corrupt one!

Especially with 10 men.
Get a grip. We managed to defend well enough to stop them when we had 11 men, but they were creating plenty of chances, whereas Alfie missed a sitter in the first minute (one that Colak would have probably put in the net) and miss kicked the ball later that half too.
You can say Alfie was rusty but that's no excuse.
Apart from Kent going at them, we had Ryan Jack and Arfield running at them posing zero threat.

Get a grip. We managed to defend well enough to stop them when we had 11 men, but they were creating plenty of chances, whereas Alfie missed a sitter in the first minute (one that Colak would have probably put in the net) and miss kicked the ball later that half too.
You can say Alfie was rusty but that's no excuse.
Apart from Kent going at them, we had Ryan Jack and Arfield running at them posing zero threat.
Like the header he missed against Celtic? The one that was much easier?

People making out that’s a sitter are clueless, it was too high for him to make good contact.

Miles and miles and miles off champions league level.

We bought Europa level players to play in the champs league.

More positive tonight, looked like they wanted to be there but just so many levels behind this level of competition.

Painful to watch
Agreed 100%. Being realistic does not go well on this forum. If you watched how Napoli play when they don't have the ball, you'd see how quick and hungry they were to get the ball back.
They didn't just wait for one our players to receive the ball. They "anticipated" where we were going to pass the ball so they were always stealing the ball from us.

Look at how Barisic was attacked from behind whenever he was trotting down toward their goal.
Arfield had the ball taken away because he too was unaware of anyone coming in from behind.
The quality of players they had with football brains was clearly evident.

Like the header he missed against Celtic? The one that was much easier?

People making out that’s a sitter are clueless, it was too high for him to make good contact.
How many goals has Colak scored? How many goals has Alfie scored? Injured Alfie or not, Colak is a more clinical finisher. I stand by that, and a lot on here did too.

How many goals has Colak scored? How many goals has Alfie scored? Injured Alfie or not, Colak is a more clinical finisher. I stand by that, and a lot on here did too.
Morelos - 113
Colak - 7

I’ve already posted Colak is a better finisher but he is not better as the lone striker. Not even close.

I would actually play them both with Morelos narrow on the right.

Mental that in the space of a couple months our defence has seen an outstanding young talent in Bassey replaced by Sands.

Sands is never a defender, constantly found out.

Davies, Souttar, Helander...don't even know where to begin.

King, great potential but we should not be experimenting and putting an 18 year old under such immense pressure.

What a shit show our recruitments been when you look back.

Well that’s our interest in Europe done at Xmas.

I was livid that I’d be working Wednesdays when the draw was made. Turns out I haven’t missed much. This is a woeful run of form we’re going through. I simply can’t remember when we last gave up 11 goals in three games. Something simply has to change.

THIS YEAR.
YOU DIDNT SAY THAT

Considering Morelos has barely played after missing 5 months it’s not a very good comparison.

I’m not slating Colak, I think he is a more clinical finisher but that’s no use when he touches the ball a handful of times in games like this. I would rather we played both.

When Morelos isn’t playing we don’t have an outball or anyone to hold the ball up, win free kicks etc. That showed massively against Celtic and Ajax. Morelos done more in the Celtic game when he came on than Colak done the whole game.

Best team I've seen at Ibrox since Leverkusen. We were well in it but the red card made it difficult and when they scored it became a struggle. Perhaps we can give Ajax a game but it will be 0 points from Liverpool matches IMO. We are a Europa League team and it shows.

Back