MOTM Poll Rangers v Napoli - 20:00 Wednesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The biggest thing we learned from tonight is that Wilson should not be trusted with another transfer window. Should be shown the door now. Gio on a hiding to nothing with the standard of new players he was given for this season.

Scunnered with that result, the very root of it is, that we're currently not good enough for Champions League football. The recruitment process and lack of spending has seen to that this season.

To be fair, Goldson was one of our better players tonight.
Can’t blame him for others mistakes tonight, although he is one of the whipping boys now, and it’s difficult to give him praise when he plays well.
Easier to just say he’s pish.
I honestly think that was goldsons best showing of the season. He’s been extremely poor this season but tonight he was a hell of a lot better

Morelos is the reason we got as far as the Europa League final last season.

Without him we wouldn’t have got as far as Dortmund never mind past them.
Not true at all we still went to the final without him winning plenty of games after his injury Tav was the main goalscorer last season.

When he got injured we still went on to the final and played some tough games we also won a Cup something we have never achieved while he's been here.
Do you know why we won we played more as a team and used quicker more dynamic players?

Colak was too slow when he came on we needed a Sakala who's not technically the best but has speed and can also score goals.
Horses for courses.
I think Sakala is well out of the picture now. Looks like Matondo might be forcing his way into Gio’s plans. I thought he did well enough and probably did better than Sakala or Wright would do.

I am not going to criticise the team that gave everything against a top class team. Up to the sending off we could dream.

But the truth is we are not good enough against the top teams, so no claiming a moral victory like the other lot, we know we lost 3-0.

Hopefully the effort is back for our bread and butter.

We are asking the likes of McGregor, Davis, Arfield and Jack to go to the well too often, especially in a Champions League Group of Death.

They brought fight and improvement but going down to 10 men killed it.

Liverpool double header could be disastrous.

Not true at all we still went to the final without him winning plenty of games after his injury Tav was the main goalscorer last season.

When he got injured we still went on to the final and played some tough games we also won a Cup something we have never achieved while he's been here.
Do you know why we won we played more as a team and used quicker more dynamic players?
The double against Sparta Prague says otherwise. He was also instrumental in both games against Dortmund.

He also scored the only goal to get past Alashkert to even qualify for the group stages.

A much better performance tonight. The difference between Morelos and Colak is night and day, Lawrence would have made a difference as well.
It is worrying though that our other new signings are not getting any game time and when they do they are not looking like the standard we need.

If young King is ahead of Davies in Gios thinking, then that is worrying, I will give Yilmaz a pass for now as he is still young and finding it difficult to adjust. Matondo is no better than Sakala and Tillman may be ok against the majority of SPL but he has looked out of his depth in the last three games. And Souttar did not look great in the few games he played, although tbf he was played out of position.

Worrying times.

That's harsh to take tonight. By half time we had done more than we did in the games against the scum and ajax combined.
The sending off killed us.

In all honesty though, I think we might be struggling to get 3 points by the end of this

The double against Sparta Prague says otherwise. He was also instrumental in both games against Dortmund.

He also scored the only goal to get past Alashkert to even qualify for the group stages.
When he got injured we went further than we ever did before with him out the team and won a cup.

We can kid on that didn't happen though if you like.

He was terrible and chasing shadows all night. Looked completly gone with 10 mins to go.
Utter pish. There's a section of our support who make up their mind about someone and just cannot see anything else.

He showed tonight that he can more than operate at this level and he can hold his head high.

Two games against Liverpool coming up. It's becoming difficult to foresee anything but finishing bottom of the group. Perhaps pointless.

When he got injured we went further than we ever did before with him out the team and won a cup.

We can kid on that didn't happen though if you like.
You can also kid on we would have got to that point without him.

Who scores the 2 goals against Prague without him?

Who man handles Dortmunds defence and also scores without him?

You are quick to defend Gios pathetic management yet totally blind to who is by far our best striker.

I think you'll feel differently when you see the replays. Both penalties were correct, ours wasn't a handball it hit his midriff. Very unlucky, but all correct decisions by the letter of the law.
He did get a couple of decisions wrong and he gave Kent %^*& all all night.
Totally agree, really was fine lines. As for Kent the big sarcastic cheer that the main stand gave out after he got the foul in the 80 odd minutes tells you everything.

An indirect free kick if a goal is not scored.

A goal was scored.
Sorry to disagree Somemightsay, but my reading of the law - and I honestly don’t think I’m in the minority here - is that it means if a goal was scored from the penalty itself, not a rebound after a save and an encroachment.

Sorry to disagree Somemightsay, but my reading of the law - and I honestly don’t think I’m in the minority here - is that it means if a goal was scored from the penalty itself, not a rebound after a save and an encroachment.

This is the law. Both teams had players encroaching, that's why it was retaken.

Screenshot-2022-09-14-at-22-12-45.png

Sitting willing them on with a stomach full of dread knowing what is probably about to unfold.

Ref was poor but I am not sure if we can really say he ruined it?? We get caught on our heels, sands dives in to try and salvage the boy going through, he was a little clumsy in the challenge, ball sneaks through his legs and then a coming together with their player.

Penalty and red (2nd yellow) for me, Sands was a little unlucky
I'm in the bit harsh camp. I still think he got a nick on the ball but it's hard to tell in the replay. I'm going with my gut as I was absolutely shocked when he pointed to the spot and usually if I see one of our players doing something stupid I would just accept it and mumble under my breath ya stupid b#stard but genuinely thought he did enough in the challenge to try and win the ball. I guess that's why I'm not a ref. The result did not reflect the game at all.

You can also kid on we would have got to that point without him.

Who scores the 2 goals against Prague without him?

Who man handles Dortmunds defence and also scores without him?

You are quick to defend Gios pathetic management yet totally blind to who is by far our best striker.
You can say that about any player we got goals to get us to the final without him that's a fact, it happened.
I don't know why you can't get that.

Changing the subject to Gio is just daft.

You can say that about any player we got goals to get us to the final without him that's a fact, it happened.
I don't know why you can't get that.

Changing the subject to Gio is just daft.
We will agree to disagree. You think Gio is the man for the job, I strongly disagree.

You think Colak is a better striker, I strongly disagree.

whilst 3-0 seems harsh on us,if they had their shooting boots on tonight they could have hurt us pretty badly,some of their finishing was wild after getting themselves into decent positions,we showed heart, fight and a good bit of belief but ultimately they always looked relatively comfortable

We will agree to disagree. You think Gio is the man for the job, I strongly disagree.

You think Colak is a better striker, I strongly disagree.
I never said I thought he was the man for the job I said I hate to see a manager not given time being honest I can't see where we go from here under him.
Colak is a more clinical striker, Colak is also painfully slow. Morelos missed two easy chances tonight but he does that and gets praise for good work outside the box.

I'm in the bit harsh camp. I still think he got a nick on the ball but it's hard to tell in the replay. I'm going with my gut as I was absolutely shocked when he pointed to the spot and usually if I see one of our players doing something stupid I would just accept it and mumble under my breath ya stupid b#stard but genuinely thought he did enough in the challenge to try and win the ball. I guess that's why I'm not a ref. The result did not reflect the game at all.
First viewing in real time I thought sands wins it, on the slow mo he doesn’t gets it, takes out the player, defo a pen and 2nd yellow.

He was unlucky, a fraction of a second earlier or a little to the left on the tackle it’s a great tackle.

Fine lines but for me the correct decision

I never said I thought he was the man for the job I said I hate to see a manager not given time being honest I can't see where we go from here under him.
Colak is a more clinical striker, Colak is also painfully slow. Morelos missed two easy chances tonight but he does that and gets praise for good work outside the box.
Don’t talk pish. You have shouted down every one of us who have said Gio isn’t the man for the job. You are one of the main posters who defend him every week.

Colak likely doesn’t get any of those chances considering he barely touches the ball in the more difficult games. He will score goals in games where we dominate but in games like tonight we have to start Morelos if we want any chance of a result.

What's the point in being in this tournament (other than the root of all evil, money)?
That's exactly all it is. If we aren't getting the dosh then it's more likely the crash barriers are. We both take humiliation for that cut of CL money (albeit, they'll probably progress this year, for a change)

Don’t talk pish. You have shouted down every one of us who have said Gio isn’t the man for the job. You are one of the main posters who defend him every week.

Colak likely doesn’t get any of those chances considering he barely touches the ball in the more difficult games. He will score goals in games where we dominate but in games like tonight we have to start Morelos if we want any chance of a result.
Why have you changed this to Gio? did the facts not suit you?

Colak got us through against USG and PSV How many goals has Morelos got this season?
It's alright being a bit of a fanboy but back them up since Colak arrived who's done the business?

Couldn’t do much more against the better team , my only gripe is ,we felt we still couldn’t bring Davies on and opted for king instead

Back