Josh Windass

That was a very good flick but to say he 'set up the goal' is truly embarassing.
He's a passenger, a luxury we can't afford unless you're so desperate to accept mediocrity you reckon three good things a game is acceptable.
A very good flick, which got the move away clear down the left hand side out of nothing, the resulting ball on from which got to Cummings who scored... fk me I must be heck of a embarrassed...

If Murty is going to go to the Piggery and play the usual formation, put Morlos in for Windass and put Cummings up top

He needs coached, hopefully he gets that and becomes a great for us.
What is blatantly obvious is he isn't a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 formation

I think the opposition look at him as soft...sounds weird but sometimes when you play football you get a feel for someone...pure Scottish thing but our teams centre halves love leaving a wee xmas present early doors on the CF...Let's see what he's made of.

Pep would have a nervous breakdown at that

Catching up on RTV now. 1st half everyone struggled because Hearts parked the bus. There's not much you can do as a CAM when you've got no space to move in to.

2nd half he has done no worse than anyone else in the team. Great pass for goal number 1 and he's also done some closing down and made some other good runs. One resulting in a decent shot at goal. He's no world beater but isn't the worst player ever either.

He divides opinion.

For me he’s an empty jersey and a luxury we can ill-afford.

Look at the amount of times Candeias and Murphy track back and get involved even when we’re not on the attack.

When the ball is back in our third, I literally don’t know where Windass goes. It’s almost impressive how anonymous he can become on a park with only 20 outfield players.

Grateful for the goals he’s scored and the odd decent flash of ability he’s given us but just goes missing far too much to feature at a time when we’re fighting, not even for the league, but for 2nd and 3rd.

Would wish him well elsewhere but would confidently predict a mediocre career in bottom half of English Championship after he leaves us.

Employee him to run the clubs Snapchat instead.

Remember how good he was at that in Florida? The side splitting banter where he called Wes’s football manager skills ‘shambolic’, Ho Ho Ho Ho. It showed that it was a good group of boys and everything was rosey. How things change eh!

Ps. He needs to grow up and get off Twitter, huge numbers of footballers get abuse on all social media platforms, few are stupid enough to rise to it.

Catching up on RTV now. 1st half everyone struggled because Hearts parked the bus. There's not much you can do as a CAM when you've got no space to move in to.

2nd half he has done no worse than anyone else in the team. Great pass for goal number 1 and he's also done some closing down and made some other good runs. One resulting in a decent shot at goal. He's no world beater but isn't the worst player ever either.[/QUOTE

Disagree with this. Good players make space, when Windass can be arsed he can make space. Also doesn't stop him dropping deeper and linking play nearer the half way line, doesn't stop him making the odd tackle and doing a bit of closing down. He is a lazy bassa.

He did put a shift in 2nd half though, although I agree it should be from start to finish but somtimes it just takes a while to figure out how the opposition have set up and how to break them down.

FWIW i've just seen Cumming's miss near the end. If Morelos or Windass had done that there would've been a thread on here with 300 posts about it already :D

A form player. However even when’s he scoring he doesn’t offer a lot else.

He needs to develop more of a relationship with Cummings and Morelos and get closer to them. Cummings did a power of work today but didn’t have much support against a five man defence.

I've been highly critical of him in the past and suffered plenty of abuse for it. I was slaughtered for suggesting he was only worth half a million.

I don't think anything I've seen over the past two months has made me change my mind.

Does it no bother when the pressure is off and we're playing Hamilton, Fraserburgh or Ayr but in our two biggest Old Firm games this season he has been posted missing and offered absolutely nothing. Today was similar.

A note to posters ready to over-exaggerate players: wait for a bigger sample size before putting a twenty million quid evaluation on a player who'll only let you down.

A very good flick, which got the move away clear down the left hand side out of nothing, the resulting ball on from which got to Cummings who scored... fk me I must be heck of a embarrassed...

You certainly should be for downplaying Murphy's run and cross, Candieas's control and lay off and Cummings cool and efficient finish.

Anonymous again. Not interested in getting involved. Can't take to the guy at all.

Should be nowhere near the team next week.
I cannot stand this guy. IMO he is selfish, lacks a team mentality on the pitch, only gets invoiced in the periphery and never ever ever tackles........ cause he is a shite bag. You see it every time he plays. He will not tackle but runs close enough to look involved yet far enough away not to dig in. He is an absolute waste of a shirt. His attempt in opening minutes was weak as hell. Then in the second half only want to shoot. Its my goal its all about me. He is the epitome of everything wrong are rangers. Mediocre players, everyone trying their best to find a way to make them seem better.

Played at least 2 or 3 good slideruke balls into the channels for runners & 1 good run in the first half that set up a chance but I agree that he had very little impact.

I actually think if Cummings is injured which I’ve not heard about then I’d start Windass solo striker next week.
Morelos didn’t look interested either warming up or on the pitch today.
Windass is quick enough that he can trouble them
& allows for An extra man in midfield

Murphy hitting the line, from 30 yards out,crossing to Candeias and then his lay off to Cummings made the goal.

Eh aye. That all happened because for the first time in the match we managed to catch Hearts high up the park and get them turned and facing their own goal.

I'm not disputing the part Murphy and Candeias played, but it was a great pass from Windass that made it happen.

The guy in the squad with the number 10 jersey should be played in that position not Windass.

Murty trying to turn Dorrans into a defensive midfielder is beyond ridiculous.

Two up front and playing the diamond with MCCrorie as the anchor was successful why we’ve binned it is beyond me.

Continuing to pick him is what causes unrest in a dressing room when other players know he is teacher's pet and gets picked no matter how bad the performance.

His assist stats must be pathetic for someone with such a free role.

An occasional decent finisher and not much else is Josh.

Another i called before and after his new contract, said he should be one of the first gone in the summer and took pelters on here.

If some would take the time to read what i post instead of giving instant abuse.

Seemed to perk right up at 2-0 as if he thought “right, pressure off, I can sniff out a goal now and claim that I’ve done my bit”

Another woeful display and his overall tally for the season isn’t going to disguise his glaring deficiencies for me.

Only he took on 2 superstar shots, instead of squaring to an opponent with only the Keeper to beat and in at least one of the cases what would have been 3 quarters of the goal to aim for. .

Take away his purple patch a couple of months back and he’s offered next to nothing. Constantly flatters to deceive and appears to have an unjustified high opinion of himself. Not what’s required next week.

Total pish. Set up the Murphy 1v1 in the first half with a good reverse through ball (which Murphy made a total arse of); Set up the opening Cummings goal with a clipped through pass to the left; Hit a good dig early, low and to the keepers left which drew a good save and a corner. Not saying he was magnificent but the fact you probably didn’t notice any of the above tells its own story.

Made probably two slack passes and everyone was straight on his back. Dorrans/McCrorie does the same two minutes later and everyone just gets on with it. Embarrassing.
You are right, he does have some exciting moments, and these moments can be often outstanding in their effect on the match.
But isn't this the same argument we used to defend Pena saying that eventually, Pena would come good when he was up to speed?

I am sorry but fleeting moments in a game of football for this particular Rangers team isn't cutting it.
We really need eleven solid contributions in every game we play.
We don't have good enough players to carry anyone.

Sadly true. We'll be effectively a man down when we lose possession. 'Shadows' opponents to no effect. Shooting rather than pass to Cummings would've got him subbed immediately by any other manager

It's a tough one. We go with McCrorie in midfield it means Martin and Alves in defence, unless Bates is back. Or, McCrorie stays in defence and Docherty comes back in.

I'm not sure the above will even enter Murty's mind though. Surely today will have convinced him we can't risk playing Windass next week.

Didn't see the second half as I had to leave the stadium at half time for a prior engagement, but by christ was he atrocious in the first half. He was nowhere to be found at any point.

Those three chances he had to square the ball but didn't have the brain to do so told you everything you need to know about him.

If some English team is daft enough to chuck two or three million at us in the summer for him we should be biting their arm off.
If anybody offers a burst durex and a can of Irn bru for this impostor I would say they are losing on the deal

I really really really hope he doesn’t start at the piggery next week.
It would be a huge mistake from Murty.
That’s why I expect him to start.

We should be actively looking to sell him in the summer, shouldn't be too difficult given that on paper he seems to be a fairly effective player. However, despite the goals and marked improvement this year, I just can't take to him as a player.

Back