MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope it's the Rangers the smashed Dortmund by 6 goals that turns up tonight.

Want to skelp this outfit and make a statement.

This must be a wind-up.

Our Euro runs of recent years missed the opportunity of English opposition - it’s a shame it’s come at this point.

Liverpool ensure a global audience. I hope we’re not embarrassed and show spirit, heart, desire and a little skill.

They're a better team than us all over the park.

Can't see us leaving Anfield with anything less than a comprehensive drubbing.
Yep, they are on the bounce back after the draw with Brighton at the weekend that they were lucky not to lose.
If we lose an early goal it will be like the Alamo tonight

This must be a wind-up.

Our Euro runs of recent years missed the opportunity of English opposition - it’s a shame it’s come at this point.

Liverpool ensure a global audience. I hope we’re not embarrassed and show spirit, heart, desire and a little skill.
It's hilarious some of the posts like the one you replied too.

Absolutely deluded and in for a real shock over the 2 legs.

It's hilarious some of the posts like the one you replied too.

Absolutely deluded and in for a real shock over the 2 legs.

I'm not deluded. I just hope we can pull off a shock, reply to me directly next time.

The reality is we're likely going home with our tails between our legs and a bit of a humbling.

But still, I'd rather hope for the alternative, that the Rangers that shocked everyone in Europe shows up and beats Liverpool, one nil, two nil doesn't matter.

Does it make me delusional to hope that we don't get absolutely smashed?

Away give yourself a shake.

The Liverpool echo was saying that we've 9 players missing from our squad,that's an incredible amount against the runners-up in this competition a couple of months ago.

I'm not deluded. I just hope we can pull off a shock, reply to me directly next time.

The reality is we're likely going home with our tails between our legs and a bit of a humbling.

But still, I'd rather hope for the alternative, that the Rangers that shocked everyone in Europe shows up and beats Liverpool, one nil, two nil doesn't matter.

I couldn't even be arsed reading the rest of this post after the first paragraph tbh.

'Posts like the ones you replied too' implying there are posts all over social media that can see us winning and using Dortmund as an example when the examples aren't comparable in the slightest.

I'll reply to you directly if I have something to say to you, I was agreeing with the poster I replied too.

This must be a wind-up.

Anything around a 3-0 loss or less would be a fantastic result for us tonight.

Anyone who genuinely thinks any different could be in for a nasty surprise. We are miles off the standard of Liverpool , and to say “ but but we beat Dortmund last year ……. Or even worse But but we beat Leeds 30 years ago “ is just straw clutching madness.

Do you have insider knowledge of our potential starting line-up, mate? You appear to be hinting so. Itk, educated guess or at it? Haha

P.s. is mine^ close? If you’re hinting at Leon then maybe he’s at the back in my formation and Lundstram comes into the middle (for Davo maybe)
Let’s call it a hunch.
Davo would be in midfield with Lundstram and Arfield.

It's a Scottish thing - some people just love to be negative and berate the standard of league, player etc. If Rangers can win in Dortmund, Braga and take points in Benfica, Porto in recent years then it's hardly wildly unfeasible to think we can get a result tonight.

Just saw BT Sport's tweet.
Is it correct that coverage starts at 6.30pm in the UK?

1.30am for me but would be buzzing with an extended build up.

Back five. Matondo out injured in training. Colak up front.
Sorry.typing on a phone in the pouring rain. Excuse misspell. I did notice Cloak though.

Last edited:
Well all I ask for rangers is at least make a game of it and don’t collapse like Ajax game,I’m sure if they give a good show and no hiding the fans will accept that.

Liverpool have had a habit of conceding first this season. That will at least give us a few minutes of joy if it's repeated. A draw would be a fantastic result.

They are vulnerable in the wide ares at the back and van Dyke is over rated. BTTS seems a good bet

Again, both travelled and trained yesterday. Why would we allow players with an illness to travel at the risk of it spreading.
Ive clue if its true or not mate, just saying what the rumours on twitter were. Sometimes these are true, sometimes not. I optimistic its pish. I guess they could have fallen ill today though. Hopefully nonsense

Back