MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simply have to start Morelos over Colak.

He'll be bursting a gut to stay in the team, and he loves European games. Also, we won't create much and Alfie can create chances out of nothing.

Colak domestically, finally having someone who can batter goals left right and centre is superb, he's like Kris Boyd in that department. Morelos is the more complete player and a monster of a striker though

Again, both travelled and trained yesterday. Why would we allow players with an illness to travel at the risk of it spreading.

While I’m sure it’s a load of nonsense, training yesterday and travelling has no relevance they could have woke up unwell this morning.

I hope admin hammer those who repeat WhatsApp rumours that turn out to be absolute BS!
I think sometimes people post what they have read/heard. As long as its caveated with the fact its a rumour and dont try and pass it off as fact its not an issue. Its a football forum so rumours are part and parcel.

This is make or break, we need a win to survive in this group otherwise this is becoming embarrassing. Liverpool conceded 3 at the weekend so go 2 up front , Morelos and Colak - play with desire and really go for it!
Gio will never go 2 up top

fancy a draw.

I said we would take 4 points off them when the draw was made.
%^*& it, why not?

Off to the bar now. Good luck to The Glasgow Rangers and… all the bears that travelled down. Have a great time and stay safe. I don’t need to say it but we will sing our hearts out in support of our team. WATP.

Genuinely, I hope to get something from this tonight, be ruthless right on them from the start, no friendliness or being starstruck.

Treat them like shit.

Stuff everything and make them work, if they're beating us, we don't make it easy.

That's how it goes in my head.

Realistically the whistle goes, we back off and watch Liverpool play football Infront of us.

Gio will never go 2 up top
You are right he wont, i just find 1 up front leaves no support and no options to score. We then have to hold the ball and wait for the midfield to push up and by that time the attack has been closed down.

You are right he wont, i just find 1 up front leaves no support and no options to score. We then have to hold the ball and wait for the midfield to push up and by that time the attack has been closed down.
I expect we'll see Kent being asked to play through the middle to support Morelos and then a packed defence. Problem is there is no pace at all in our midfield, and our full backs will be pushed back all night so we'll end up with no out ball.

Would like to see 3-5-2 with Colak & Morelos with Morelos dropping in - but I don't think there's any way Gio is doing that.

I wonder if Klopp will drop Trent or we could have a slight advantage at that side if he remains in his current form. Knock on wood.

Don't think there is much expectation on us tonight. Especially after our initial 2 games and sadly, I still don't rate Gio in the slightest as a manager. However, I would absolutely love him to just give something a little different a go tonight.

Liverpool are obviously a very good team with a good manager but they have leaked a fair amount of goals of late. Especially for them. Be good if Colak can take advantage of that but we do need to keep them out which is gonna be tough.

I feel that’s more down to him being shunted out wide right in those games, where obviously he isn’t going to be anywhere near as effective.

Play him centrally, in his actual position, and you see a far different player.
Didn’t he play centrally against Ajax and was awful.
Team I want to see.....

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Davies Barisic

Jack Lundstram

Morelos Tillman Kent

Colak

Christ almighty .

You enjoyed the 3-0/4-0 pumpings we took a few weeks ago I take it?

I just hope the occasion doesn't get to the players, and they fold. I'll take a draw right now, tbh.
I think the players need to play the occasion tbh.

Dortmund, Leipzig, these were occasions.

We need to play clever but be ruthless.

Leave the awe in the tunnel and compete as best we can.

Even then, we might escape with a doing!

Scunnered if Colak is up front tonight. Tonight is about more than us in their box. We'll spend very little time there, so we need a team that is built to help us in other areas.

We need legs, movement, any sort of pace.

I think the team quoted above won't be far away.

A 5-4-1 out of possession and a sort of 3-5-1-1 with the ball. I'm not sure if young King will be the 3rd centre back, or whether Lundstram will drop back and Ryan Jack comes into midfield.

Lack of legs in midfield a concern.
Wouldn’t trust Arfield in there. It is what it is, we didn’t sign a proper midfielder in the summer and are making do til January.

We need pace to get out

Scunnered? Really?

Aye. Van Dijk won't even get out of 1st gear against Colak - especially Colak 40 yards from goal.

You don't have to be a genius to see that Morelos is much better suited to what we're likely to need tonight. Hence why he should start.

Back