MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tillman has to be subbed. You can see it isn’t his game, yet again.
JL too saying he’s on a yellow.
Airfield and Jack on now at half time. Don’t wait until your 60 or even 70 mins Gio please.

Are this Liverpool team streets ahead of Leipzig or Dortmund of last season?

The name itself doesn't mean we should just cave and accept utter destruction. Our team has took massive steps back, Davis and Lundstram as the only two mids against any team in Europe is an absolute joke.

Is this a real question?

How many CL Finals have any of those clubs been in in the past 5 years?

The shape is pish. Their central midfield have about 20 yards of space every time they get the ball.

Playing with wing backs would be fine if we had an attack minded guy on the left. Barisic looks lost out there.

Why does Gio persist with Tillman out right?

Liverpool have been very good IMO. Their forward movement and pressing are superb.
In terms of making it difficult for them, we haven't been the worst, but as I say, the players have been horrendous in possession.

I would switch Arfield for Tillman at half time. Game is passing him by again.

Are this Liverpool team streets ahead of Leipzig or Dortmund of last season?

The name itself doesn't mean we should just cave and accept utter destruction. Our team has took massive steps back, Davis and Lundstram as the only two mids against any team in Europe is an absolute joke.
3 CL finals in 5 years I think it is.

You would think we were playing St Mirren with some of the posts in here.

People have wild fantasies about what we’re capable of.

There wasn’t a realistic scenario tonight that didn’t involve Rangers being under siege and hanging on for grim death.

When better players harry and press you, whatever game plans people think we should be implementing are pretty difficult to carry out.

We need is a bit of belief. I think that’s the coaching teams job. However we are up against a top top team.
a bit of spirit and belief is what is needed. No surrender
The coaching team don't tell Kent to hit an outside of the foot pass when a simple side foot would have found Barasic or the number of times Davis has given the ball away or Tillman sauntered into a challenge.

Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world, what the %^*& are some fans expecting

Our shape has been decent, but we are getting closed down rapid when we have the ball and it forces mistakes

Another body in midfield for tillman and that will help out lundstram and Davis a lot and might help us get a bit further up the park
I’m at least hoping for some energy and some vision. The players look like they’re running through treacle and are so far off sharpness it’s unbelievable.

That was garbage. If the same team gets sent out, the manager really doesn’t know what to do. We need to hold the ball better and need to have something - anything - on the right. Sakala for Tillman is a good shout but I’d also take Matondo or Arfield. Tav having a stinker. Lundstram looking miles off it. McGregor keeping this from being a rout.

Reality check - this Liverpool team are worth, what, 25x our entire squad? They have trounced far better sides than us at Anfield. 1-0 at HT is more than respectable.

But. We need to compete better physically. If Jack was fit I’d get him on, even Kamara might not be a bad shout, just to supply some bite.

Have to say our captain has been seriously spooked tonight - sobering to see.

I’d take 0-3 right now, sorry to say.

You need 3 in the middle against teams like this, especially when they only have 2 in there. So you instantly have the advantage but more importantly, it’s too much ground to cover for only 2 to get around the pitch against a team of this quality.

The 4-3-3 that Gerrard had was brilliant defensively because of that midfield 3 and everyone knew their role. You don’t get nearly the same feeling defensively with Gio and it all looks very hope for the best and let’s see how we get on.

Tillman useless again out wide (not his position). I’d have Kamara on and move kent either up with Morelos or just in behind.

You expect us to go there and win by 2 or 3?

We could have spent another £10m and we’d still be struggling in this game

Don’t understand the thinking at times, yip we could keep ball better but what are folk expecting really
What are we expecting? How about making it a bit of a contest,like making 1 or 2 chances or even stringing more than 3 passes. Jesus Christ!

Morelos and Tillman and Kent are needing to work like f.uck this half or get off the pitch we need more from them, I don't know what's happened to Lundstram but he's like a wee boy waiting for an autograph.
More from Morelos? How much more can you do with no ball in their half lol

Liverpool are one of the best teams in the world, what the %^*& are some fans expecting

Our shape has been decent, but we are getting closed down rapid when we have the ball and it forces mistakes

Another body in midfield for tillman and that will help out lundstram and Davis a lot and might help us get a bit further up the park
You're correct, but it doesn't excuse not being able to make a ten-foot pass, no one was expecting us to set the heather on fire tonight, but our ball retention has been amateurish.

Think we showed exactly what level Scottish football is at over the last few years by our performances in Europe, but have to be honest and say we have regressed since last year for many reasons. Guys like Tillman don't seem to be ready for this level of football.
You might be right in that but it’s a big step up from Bayern’s reserves to Champions League and against last year’s runners up!

Or let’s allow GVB to show us how weak he is. Get rid of him now. Utter weakness that’s all I feel from him now.
I totally agree

So bloody passive

There is no dig about us. I honestly feel our players just float about the pitch. In all honestly I much prefer a British manager

It’s ok to accept liverpool are levels above us but to still expect some fight and a bit of dig

Mate says Nunez is kicking boots about the dressing room asking Klopp why he didn’t tell him we had Buffon in the sticks.

It doesn’t cost millions to have the desire to close the ball down or pass it forward ten yards.

The gap is huge but we are surrendering this game here I just want us to land a blow on them but our whole set up seems to be keep the score down

A team that cost 20 million getting a chasing from a team who have played in 3 of the last 5 Champions League finals and cost about half a billion.

This is just a level beyond where we can compete, it's a case of hoping the keeper has another 45 minutes of brilliance and that they keep missing when they cut us open.

It's maybe a bit negative, but we need a third central midfielder to stop Davis and Lundstram getting swamped when they do have the ball and want to make a pass.

This must be what it feels like when your lower league team draw Rangers at Ibrox in the cup.

We'll never be anywhere near Liverpool's level, but the "basics" have been woeful all season even in the league nevermind in the CL.

The manager is timid. Our players don't move into space.

It's an actual miracle we're not being beat by over 3 goals so far.

Positives are that Alfie is still looking good but is getting zero support. Kent is having a decent game. King is certainly doing his rep no damage at all. McGregor is having a stormer.

Tillman is having a very poor game but is out of position. Davis and Lundstram doesn't work - against absolutely anyone really.

Gio needs to change things. He really needs to go but for the love of God, at least makes some changes.

We are 1-0 down against one of the best teams in the world, at one of the hardest stadiums to visit.

We need to be better but that’s over the top, far better teams than us leave Anfield with an absolute drubbing.
That’s a losers mentality. Bournemouth are the only team who haven’t competed with them this season. We are showing no ambition or quality whatsoever and there’s no excuse for that.

I think 5 at the back isn’t working, we’re one short in the middle of the park.

Take off Ben Davies and bring on Kamara. Lundstram can make up a back five when needed.

Tillman off Arfield on.
I'd go 4-4-2 now with Alfie and Colak. Ridvan on for Borna and Arfield for Davis. Gio would never entertain 2 up front though.

Still in this thanks to Greegsy. The Tillman on the right experiment should be binned for good. Jack for Tillman, Kent in a free role behind Alfie. Is a good if not perfect change for me. Someone has to help Borna he is getting slaughtered out there.
The man’s not for changing mate

Back