Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
He will throw in a slightly above average performance and get an assist here and there, but to sustain a title challenge he is not good enough.

I would cut ties, a new contract would be a disaster.

How bad does he need to be to get dropped? He's been utterly hopeless for a while now. No way should be be offered a new contact until he earns it.

Last edited:
He will probably end up going to Leeds in Janaury for a small fee. I suspect he will already have something agreed with them for the summer.

I’ve changed my vote. I previously said yes but now I say let him go. He’s gone stale, doesn’t offer enough from a goals perspective and isn’t going to get better.

He’s not worth 30k a week his goal return and all round contribution doesn’t merit that sort of deal think he’s 1 of several players that we need too let go and find fresh talent to improve the squad

Like Kamara, I think it’s time up. Maybe stayed too long. Need some freshness in the squad.

Now we are in a position where it feels like we have about 6 positions to fill.

Of course! If we get a manager to replace Gio unless we %^*& that up again we might be able to rescue him before he leaves.

Kent has shown that he doesn't have the heart to play top level football. He has been in these slumps or more occasions than he hasn't.
When he was signed I and many other people I'm sure thought we had got a steal and he would become a great player. Time has shown that he won't ever be what he could be , maybe at another club he might find form. Personally I can't see it .

Yes but only to get him on a longer deal and then flog him.
I ve never critised him before as he has that something about him that no one else in scotland has but there has been less and less end product since we won 55 .Maybe his mind has been made up to move on .

Voted yes. I don’t want to see a guy we paid £7m for and one of the first names on the team sheet leave for nothing
Crazy , he is only player we have that is willing to take men on. Yes form poor this season but why would you let someone leave your squad that has highest value!!??

That's the worry, we need better! Offering him a new deal makes no sense
Over his whole time with us vast majority of the time he has been pish , could have been a club legend with that miss in seville , time to change earliest opertunity get him gone waste of 7 mill

Not bothered either way now, don’t really want to see our most expensive player move on for a free but not sure he is worth the wages we would have to pay him

He’s got a bit of the Barrie McKay about him in all honesty nowadays.

Be as well heading somewhere down South and rebuilding a bit, away from the pressure of Rangers, then end up five years time playing for Hearts or the Sheep…

Be as well heading somewhere down South and rebuilding a bit, away from the pressure of Rangers, then end up five years time playing for Hearts or the Sheep…
I doubt when he leaves here he will ever come back to Scottish football

I wish he had a bit of Barrie McKay about him. The bit that beats a man and then threads a killer pass through to one of his team mates.

Over his whole time with us vast majority of the time he has been pish , could have been a club legend with that miss in seville , time to change earliest opertunity get him gone waste of 7 mill
What miss?
Surely a shocking miss would have to have been counted in the first place.

This, he has no intention of signing a new deal, nor has Morelos imo, the sooner that becomes apparent we can get fully focussed interested players in the team.
Were you saying the same last season about Goldson?
If you weren’t, plenty of others were!

Although I’m thankful for his contribution, as things stand at present, it’s probably best for both if he moves on. As others have said, he’s gone stale.

Change of scenery for Kent might get the best thing for him and the team.

Could say that about a few players, feels like we've held onto some of them for a little bit longer than we should have.
The time to make big changes, rebuild stronger and get rid of some of the squad was when we won the title and player values would have been higher.

The club should have realised that some of the players had peaked and their time was up and moved them on.

Adding quality players gets the current squad players to raise their game - we haven’t done that or brought players in who can challenge for positions and put the players under pressure to perform well or face being dropped.

Is it only since Gerrard left that he’s become so bad?
He has been outstanding in europe under gio with different tactics. He’s struggles as a restricted winger. He’s told to stay high and wide and not drop.

As a number 10 he was miles more dynamic and really involved in games, he was brilliant defensively and the work rate was incredible. Like a lot of players he’s being destroyed under gio.

He has been outstanding in europe under gio with different tactics. He’s struggles as a restricted winger. He’s told to stay high and wide and not drop.

As a number 10 he was miles more dynamic and really involved in games, he was brilliant defensively and the work rate was incredible. Like a lot of players he’s being destroyed under gio.
Can’t agree, Kent hasn’t progressed and should be punted

I’d drive Kent and Morelos to the airport tomorrow - WAS good isn’t what we need
They've been the absolute fulcrum of our attacking play for so long, I find it bizarre we haven't really sought to change, alter or add to that in that time.

We should have moved on from them a year and a half ago. Easy to say. I guess covid scuppered a lot of moves.

Back