Club statement on hibs ticketing

The club should also mention and make a point to fans not to buy any grub from their catering outlets in the stadium, these manky cunts rely on every blue pound to pay treacle teeths wages and keep the lights on. They could even promote us to use food outlets in the streets of Leith to keep the local economy on side!

Ridiculous statement. Hibs rightfully want as many of their own fans in their stadium when they play us on the last game of the season as there is every chance it will be a shoot out to see how comes second. It’s a bit hypocritical that 95% of this board want us to cut celtics allocation

Having said that rangers have the right going forward to say that they only want to take a smaller allocation. Either way it’s our fans who will suffer.

I'm sorry, but this and other posts have convinced me that you have a stance on every aspect of football that is the polar opposite to every Rangers supporter I know.

That is a ridiculous suggestion, just like our Board, completely detached and disengaged from the ordinary Bear. Did you not see the claim that hivs made re 'not enough time to change the celtc allocation'?

I don't have much confidence in our Board, but thank God your not on it.

At least I'm consistent , I'm readily aware it takes 22 players and 2 teams to make a game of football likewise 2 supports to create an atmosphere you on the other hand want to cut away supports whilst on other threads were quite happily admit that 75% of your RSC want to cut a certain clubs away allocation but yet will still run a full bus to that club..... You have no courage of your convictions

Ooh two sets of fans sharing a stand in a powder keg fixture?

Surely not Police Scotland?

I have pointed out earlier that my brother-in-law Arnold is a fully qualified chartered accountant (cum laude) and from time to time, he gives his erudite opinion on financial matters relating to Rangers.
I won't pretend to be good with numbers, but for those who are not numerically challenged, Arnold offers us this, his very own Rangers equation.
latex.php

In the Arnold equation, he factors in attendance, ticket cost, policing/stewarding, tv revenue, commercial projects and concludes that Rangers (from a purely financial point of view) would be marginally better off by not offering any away tickets to visiting supporters.

Arnold concedes that there are other variables which might make his equation invalid ,i.e.;
postponements, European ties, the weather, the 'mood' among the fans. In other words, the human factor which sometimes is at odds with the immutable laws of mathematics.

I wonder what our board will say, if they say anything at all, about that other ' particular club ' after Sunday's game if the result goes as expected.

A great statement... That's more like it.
But we have to be consistent in the future with similar statements to other clubs who take the piss.
Lets hope this is the start of it.

Meaningless statement that is designed to appease the support. It’s got Traynor’s sarcastic style all over it, full of innuendo but lacking in detail. Similar to the ones released after the cup final two years ago.

Actions speak louder than words. And before people ask what I want, how about the club, instead of just insinuating, actually announce that next season we’ll not be taking any tickets for the games at Easter Rd and will be cutting theirs at Ibrox to the absolute minimum.

Traynor really is a f*cking embarrassment.

Why write one or 2 succinct lines when you can pish out a multi-paragraph, Standard Grade English level ramble?

What are people hoping the action will be off the back of the statement? Cutting their allocation? We cannot sell any tickets we refuse to give them. Refuse to take any tickets from them? They will just do what they did last time, sell direct to the support.

The statement is all bark and no bite, just another late night rant.

No impressed. Take action, not Charles Green style rants.

Saying "this particular club" at the end is childish. Miss that bit out and it opens up what should have been done years ago at Ibrox.

Erect fencing at the govan corner and make that the only section for all away fans. Simple and rewards our loyal supporters.

Action Rangers, not pant pissing words.

I am pretty sure they can just sell direct to Rangers fans if that happens, and I am also pretty sure that their offer will be taken up. As decent a statement as it is, there is next to nothing we can do about it if they can sell direct to supporters.
In that case they are then responsible for everything that happens.

The sentiments of the statement are spot on.

The structuring and wording of the statement is absolutely atrocious.

Does no one at the club proof read these things before putting them into the public domain ffs.

I hope this last game had no bearing on places, hibs thinking its a battle for Europe, when it could be a damp squid for them. At least they get to see the rangers.

Hivs don't have enough fans for us to get back at them.

You are right but we have enough fans to turn round and tell them to stick their allocation for us next season

But our fans will will not do that , cause they are all uber and they go to support the rangers and not hivs

I have pointed out earlier that my brother-in-law Arnold is a fully qualified chartered accountant (cum laude) and from time to time, he gives his erudite opinion on financial matters relating to Rangers.
I won't pretend to be good with numbers, but for those who are not numerically challenged, Arnold offers us this, his very own Rangers equation.
latex.php

In the Arnold equation, he factors in attendance, ticket cost, policing/stewarding, tv revenue, commercial projects and concludes that Rangers (from a purely financial point of view) would be marginally better off by not offering any away tickets to visiting supporters.

Arnold concedes that there are other variables which might make his equation invalid ,i.e.;
postponements, European ties, the weather, the 'mood' among the fans. In other words, the human factor which sometimes is at odds with the immutable laws of mathematics.
Wtf

Good statement from the club. Hibs will no doubt be pish again shortly and will look to increase our allocation because their support will dwindle - this is where the club and our supporters should tell them where to go. Tramps.

You are right but we have enough fans to turn round and tell them to stick their allocation for us next season

But our fans will will not do that , cause they are all uber and they go to support the rangers and not hivs

It's Rangers and our fans can do what the %^*& they like with their own cash.

Leadership by statements with no names on them. Embarrassing.

If the club were serious - this would be in the MD's name and would talk about the action that he is going to personally take.

Traynor guff that is playing to the galleries. Hopeless.

All that statement does is confirm that the board will never reduce Celtic's allocation at Ibrox.

And another embarrassment from Traynor...why do the board think this dinosaur is good for our PR?

I get where the club is coming from but the statement isn’t great, in fact it comes across as quite petty if I’m honest.

We never seem to learn.

Last edited:
Actions speak louder than words.....

We'll see what action is taken next season.

Exactly.

And can we just fucking get the scum moved out the Broomy while we’re at it.

Sick of letting the rodents lord it about like they own our country.

Britain and Scotland are Blue

Surely this blows apart the whole “can’t share a stand” nonsense that the police apparently use as an excuse for us having to accommodate the Great Unwashed with their own stand?

Surely this blows apart the whole “can’t share a stand” nonsense that the police apparently use as an excuse for us having to accommodate the Great Unwashed with their own stand?

And we’ve already seen the “can’t have a title decider between us and the tramps” doubly blown apart since the “Celtic shame game”.

Seems it’s actually “can’t have Rangers winning the title against rodents who can’t be trusted not to throw themselves out of stands”

Grow a set, Rangers. Just get those fuckers out the Broomy.

In fact, it really is time to stick all visiting fans up the Club Deck our of sight.

Hibs don't give a toss. They'll get their allocation for Ibrox. They have a paltry travelling support, so it won't matter much if it was cut, and it won't be cut.

Next season all will be forgotten, and we'll accept the full stand allocation and Hibs will benefit financially as usual.

However, this last game against Hibs could be crucial to us financially. We need to get into Europe. Hibs are working their fans into a lather already. Rangers could be up against it.

Hibs playing it well for Hibs.

They don't give a f*ck about sporting integrity when it comes to it. They're even risking possible fan trouble. No problem to the Edinburgh police having opposing fans in the same stand.

Next season all will be forgiven and forgotten. We'll pile in and fill that stand. Hibs know it - it's not even a gamble for them.

Last edited:
Sorry GG but that's a pathetic statement. Mentioning "that club" means we are setting ourselves up for criticism if we cut any other clubs' allocation without them cutting our's first.

It looks like its been written by a school kid. Emarrassing.

Exactly right. A significant number on here think this means that lot’s allocation is more likely to be cut because of this faintly embarrassing discourse?

The exact opposite is patently true. The precedent has now been established that, unless a club first CUTS our allocation, we won’t cut theirs!

Rangers are stating that a unilateral reduction in a club’s ticket provision is a moral, safety and business error. In short our club has closed the door, certainly at the moment, on moving the Celtc fans.

Sometimes you need to be able to see the big picture. I think this little spat has come in very handy for our board with regard to our pressing for a change when the bheasts come to Ibrox. It’s a dead issue for them.

I

I understand the sentiment behind that statement, but the way it is written leaves us open to ridicule and rightly so. Traynor must've been on the lash.

The club should say we will now only take 2k tickets for every away game against them.

In fact take the full allocation next season sell 2k and return the rest on the day of the game. Meaning they can’t sell them

Reduce there allocation in half next season for the whole season

Others would then take notice

We then move onto the mentally challengeds and move them to the corner. This has to be done

Won't mean anything if we don't carry it out. Time will tell if the club has got the guts. They definitely should and should be encouraging our fans now to go to the away games as well until they change their tone.

Would’ve been better if we’d come out saying that we’re not taking any tickets for the game and that we will also review next seasons uptake before reminding them that they’e been happy to take/relied on our pound

I can't believe people think that is a good statement.

It's poorly written and comes across as amateurish and bitter.

Our club needs a massive overhaul i'm afraid.

when Lafferty scored to win the league they couldn't sell half a stand, the play off semi final their half was empty we should call their bluff and state we don't want any tickets and also next season to

Back