Bother at the end

There isn't an 'ultras' groups going today that could live with the firms of the 80's. They'd get absolutely ripped to pieces! I'm not advocating violence, in fact I think football hollaganism is a bit pathetic but today's 'firms' would be laughed off before a punch was thrown compared to what's come before them.
The 70s Were better or Worser, depending on what way you look at it? Screw taps & Doctor Martin!!! Hard Hats & Macaroon Bars, lol

You're an idiot that should understand that Liverpool have a diverse fanbase from all religions and none. I take it that you just ignore the banner that is shown at every Liverpool game,home and away in remembrance of the 97 Hillsborough victims and the 66 Ibrox disaster victims. Or do you just have a hatred for everything Liverpool without having a clue about the city. Certainly like all or most clubs Liverpool have got scumbag fans, we have or own also. Maybe have a think that there are Liverpool fans with links to Rangers also orvis that reasoning beyond your comprehension
Couldn’t care less about their diverse fan base. The pictures from Heysel will always stick in my mind. I’ve hated them ever since.

I don't think there's any doubt that those singing in support of the IRA were doing it to antagonise Rangers fans. AintreeIron has said earlier in the thread that he's never heard an IRA song at a Liverpool game so have to assume it was sung because they were playing Rangers. The video I've seen on this from the Liverpool end sounds like there's only a few nearest to the Rangers boys that are singing it - scumbags no doubt but not many of the Liverpool support in that video.

If there was any sign of vocal support for the IRA happening more regularly at Liverpool games then I would expect it to be shut down quickly, otherwise it would cause division within their support. These kind of chants don't seem to happen in English football anyway so it's not an issue for them.
They sung IRA chants. They showed open support for baby killers. There is zero defence of Republican scum. Liverpool fans also allowed this to happen. Scum scum scum.

It’s been taken over by neds.

You look across Europe at these groups and the younger lot know their place. All the older members seem to have left.

Displays have went up a level recently I’ll give them that, but no one can be arsed with them trying to look hard behind Police lines.

UB do good things defending PRW etc when firms from across Europe have came over. Famous video of them chasing Osijek down the road etc but the shit that went on inside the stadium last night is just embarrassing.
When

Was there UVF chanting when you played celtic? No? Would never happen? Thought so..

There is UVF chanting every time we play celtic home, away and at Hampden.

Just not a big issue down here. Liverpool and every English club has a mixed religious support. Yes we have the biggest Orange membership on the mainland outside Glasgow but on the other hand there's the republican element like Glasgow.

But unlike Glasgow both sides of the divide stand next to each other at Anfield and Goodison. Honestly it's not a major problem on Merseyside. We don't really give a %^*&. Last night there were maybe 5 or 6 Irish flags, but there were nearly 3,000 Scousers there so not that big a deal in my eyes though it will be in yours perhaps. And it's obviously done as a wind up which worked to an extent.

The lizzie in a box song though abhorrent to Rangers fans will just be seen as a laugh to LFC fans as there's no blind devotion to royalty here. Again I'm not defending it just trying to explain why some people would join in with it.

The 'ra' song I've never heard in all my 60 years of support but I can't deny it was sung. I don't like it and can only assume it was started by some of our Irish fans and unlikely to ever be heard again if I'm honest. It was definitely just to Gers fans.

Hope this goes some way to answer a few questions about our support. I know some of the replies will still say 'Scouse filth' etc but honestly most of us are decent people, and my mates who went last night said everyone they met in the two days they were there were very welcoming and happy that they were there.
You’re laughing at the death of the Queen ? I think most on here are fed up listening to your never ending excuses for these Neanderthals.

Just not a big issue down here. Liverpool and every English club has a mixed religious support. Yes we have the biggest Orange membership on the mainland outside Glasgow but on the other hand there's the republican element like Glasgow.

But unlike Glasgow both sides of the divide stand next to each other at Anfield and Goodison. Honestly it's not a major problem on Merseyside. We don't really give a %^*&. Last night there were maybe 5 or 6 Irish flags, but there were nearly 3,000 Scousers there so not that big a deal in my eyes though it will be in yours perhaps. And it's obviously done as a wind up which worked to an extent.

The lizzie in a box song though abhorrent to Rangers fans will just be seen as a laugh to LFC fans as there's no blind devotion to royalty here. Again I'm not defending it just trying to explain why some people would join in with it.

The 'ra' song I've never heard in all my 60 years of support but I can't deny it was sung. I don't like it and can only assume it was started by some of our Irish fans and unlikely to ever be heard again if I'm honest. It was definitely just to Gers fans.

Hope this goes some way to answer a few questions about our support. I know some of the replies will still say 'Scouse filth' etc but honestly most of us are decent people, and my mates who went last night said everyone they met in the two days they were there were very welcoming and happy that they were there.
You stand with these cunts.

She has decided to stand in the same section as people singing that. That’s her decision. She can’t then complain when people take action against it.
My daughter goes home and away with me including Europe and by your Neanderthal logic if she gets hit with a bottle it’s her own fault as she chooses to stand with others who may sing songs that others find offensive?

My daughter goes home and away with me including Europe and by your Neanderthal logic if she gets hit with a bottle it’s her own fault as she chooses to stand with others who may sing songs that others find offensive?
Singing songs supporting republican murder gangs that kill babies is not the same as our support at euro away games singing our songs. Anyone who attacks rangers supporters are scum. Standing alongside IRA vermin means no sympathy from me.

So you think it’s acceptable for people to be in crowds singing about the IRA? I have sympathy with the people they murdered, not those standing around having a laugh and a joke about it.
IF it was a 60 year old woman, and I have no reason to believe it was or wasn’t, who was highly unlikely to have any involvement in anything to do with singing, you believe that just because of where she stood she deserved to get hit with a bottle?

%^*& me

You're an idiot that should understand that Liverpool have a diverse fanbase from all religions and none. I take it that you just ignore the banner that is shown at every Liverpool game,home and away in remembrance of the 97 Hillsborough victims and the 66 Ibrox disaster victims. Or do you just have a hatred for everything Liverpool without having a clue about the city. Certainly like all or most clubs Liverpool have got scumbag fans, we have or own also. Maybe have a think that there are Liverpool fans with links to Rangers also orvis that reasoning beyond your comprehension
How about their murdering scumbag behaviour at Heysel?

Looking forward to how that wasn't actually their fault like everything else in life.

Singing songs supporting republican murder gangs that kill babies is not the same as our support at euro away games singing our songs. Anyone who attacks rangers supporters are scum. Standing alongside IRA vermin means no sympathy from me.
Another moron! Two more on ignore and two more who prove that we have scum of the earth who are an embarrassment to the club that ’support’ us.

IF it was a 60 year old woman, and I have no reason to believe it was or wasn’t, who was highly unlikely to have any involvement in anything to do with singing, you believe that just because of where she stood she deserved to get hit with a bottle?

%^*& me
Last thing I’ll say on this:

The IRA killed many of our people and put our communities through more terror and torture than can be comprehended. Those cowards came to our stadium and sang in praise of the Republican murder gangs. We have fans in the stadium whose lives have been destroyed by the IRA who had to listen to that. My sympathy today is certainly not with ANY Liverpool fan.

If someone is standing in a section that is singing IRA songs then I will have absolutely no sympathy if anything happens to them.

Even if they're not taking part in that? What about a young teenage fan who just likes the club, an older fan who absolutely loathes the idiots in his support, or a day tripper from Egypt or Norway or America?

Football fans shouldn't be forced to give up on their club on account of the behaviour of some fans. It's an absolutely wild take.

Even if they're not taking part in that? What about a young teenage fan who just likes the club, an older fan who absolutely loathes the idiots in his support, or a day tripper from Egypt or Norway or America?

Football fans shouldn't be forced to give up on their club on account of the behaviour of some fans. It's an absolutely wild take.
Tough.

It’s not the first time, they can’t have been caught by surprise.

I would say singing about the IRA and associating with people doing so is advocating a lot worse.
By your logic, some Rangers fans were apparently giving Liverpool a bit of stick around Hillsborough as disgusting as that is. Would your Gran or mine deserve to get bottled by a bin dipper if they were in the same stand as the wanker doing it? I don't think anyone can see that as in any way logical. Also given they're Scousers, let's change it to great-great-Grans by 60.

Tough.

It’s not the first time, they can’t have been caught by surprise.

So - existing Liverpool fans who have no time for this should give up supporting the club? Just stop going? A guy who grew up on Anfield Road, had a season ticket for 50 years and been to all of their European finals - and who has no time, and actively hates those IRA chants - should be forced to give up supporting the club he so dearly loves because some fans who also happen to support the same club as him demonstrate support for the IRA? Really?

So - existing Liverpool fans who have no time for this should give up supporting the club? Just stop going? A guy who grew up on Anfield Road, had a season ticket for 50 years and been to all of their European finals - and who has no time, and actively hates those IRA chants - should be forced to give up supporting the club he so dearly loves because some fans who also happen to support the same club as him demonstrate support for the IRA? Really?
Aye he seems to have missed that every club in the world has a childish element of winding up opposition fans by saying or chanting things they don't really mean/and or care about.

I believe they should be vocal about stamping it out if they are so pissed off about it. That hasn’t happened and in fact it’s got worse.

Have you seen anything to suggest these fans are trying to stop it out?

By your logic, some Rangers fans were apparently giving Liverpool a bit of stick around Hillsborough as disgusting as that is. Would your Gran or mine deserve to get bottled by a bin dipper if they were in the same stand as the wanker doing it? I don't think anyone can see that as in any way logical. Also given they're Scousers, let's change it to great-great-Grans by 60.
If I was looking at it from a Liverpool point of view then I could absolutely see why they would throw something.

Aye he seems to have missed that every club in the world has a childish element of winding up opposition fans by saying or chanting things they don't really mean/and or care about.
Oh so it’s our fault because they don’t really mean to sing about people that shot babies?

Back