Club 1872 Director's Resignation

Someone at 1872 told the board lack of transparency wasn't an issue. So are they that stupid or saying it because they want to be best mates with directors?

Anyway, nice timing mate. Jeez...

Ask yourself this?

You want the RFC Board chastised for appointing Murty. Fine. But who at C1872 takes the rap for appointing this guy (the OP)?

The Club 1872 directors were appointed without a vote. This happened because there were less candidates standing than available directorships.

Sounds familiar Stewart Robertson making promises to engage with the supporters and then doing nothing
I was a member but giving up due to the obvious lack of influence they have with Robertson. I wont rejoin until he is gone. If club 1872 can force a waster like him out and influence his pathetic cowardly decisions that completely ignore fan opinion then what is the point.
I might rejoin whenever club 1872 have the bottle to haver a Robertson out campaign and not be in his pocket.

I’m a lifetime member of Club1872 after being a RST life member.

Club1872 seems to be a pile of shite. Not holding this football club to account. Too cosy to be onside with the board. Not backing the feelings of the support. Weak leadership from a fan group.

Pleased that I have my own personal shares to attend and ask my own questions of the board at agm’s.

Poor communications and accountability. Fans groups won’t work with Rangers FC.

I am still a member but each bitch fest at Club 1872 edges me closer to cancelling.

Suppose I am just happy that at least a group of fans have a decent share holding in the club.
I am still a member, I also have my own shares and have been contributing to this cause from the very early days of the RST.
After the last round of infighting I was so close to saying enough is enough and using my hard earned to buy more shares in my own name.
After reading that statement, I am now of that opinion again.

I am still a member, I also have my own shares and have been contributing to this cause from the very early days of the RST.
After the last round of infighting I was so close to saying enough is enough and using my hard earned to buy more shares in my own name.
After reading that statement, I am now of that opinion again.

This might be a route I would go down but to be honest I'm not clued up on buying shares as an individual.

What is the minimum investment you can buy at one time?

Yeah I think I've had enough. Time to save myself the £10 a month I think. Shambolic.

Why hold on every word from someone who does not even put there name to a statement that slates people who have no obvious right of reply. Frankly to me this says more about the writer than the other people involved.

I’ll keep my sub going but we need to look at voting in a team of Directors with an agreed strategy rather than just a common goal

With all due respect mate, the board are fobbing him off left right and centre regarding broomie4bears.... When will we realise that this board don't give a fuk about the fans who have stuck with and pulled the club through the darkest of times. Shambles from top to bottom

I know he is more than a match for the Board. I've worked with him and know he could do it mate.

Papasmurf for Club1872.

The OP states Rangers are paying Chris Graham to assist. Independence is questionable.

And probably another nice story for the rags.

"Rangers continued involvement with shamed Graham while group in turmoil"

Would be nice to know when they intended to reveal this little stink nugget.

I’m a member in that I pay my monthly subscription. The concept of c1872 is very admirable, but my fear was always that those elected to the c1872 board would in effect become blazer chasers.

c1872 should have a representative on the RFC board - if the club seriously supported the concept of c1872, it would give it credence. The fact that they haven’t done so reflects very badly on the club, who appear to continue where Murray left off by treating fans with contempt.

However...it should never become a cosy relationship. As far as RFC is concerned, c1872 should be a massive but necessary pain in the ass. A bit like internal audit. Or customer audit.

I’ll continue to pay my dues because I like the concept of a strong fans voice holding the RFC board to account.

But the nicey nice stuff has got to end.

Best wishes to Iain in his fight against illness.

We just can never organise ourselves as a fan base,p

How come some fans can't agree with each other? It seems like the club is crumbling around us because of power hungry arseholes within our support. Can Follow Follow not do something @Grandmaster_Suck? Set up a fans group? Seems as if its the only place fans can vent their anger in a safe place away from tims on Facebook and Twitter.

Concerning that club is paying someone to “help” with the running of 1872. Did the club decide it was going to be Chris or was he the 1872 directors choice.
Was surprised to see the OPs claims about JP as this is somone I trust and know only wants the best for Rangers and certainly used to give up most of her free time to carry out her duties.
That said sounds like fresh blood required in the directors positions

Club 1872 have been structurally and operationally poor for quite a while now.

I first contacted them via email to express where my expertise lay and how I could add value via a number of micro improvements that can make quite a rapid improvement to both perception and communication.

I received no reply.

Then, I sent another email highlighting all of the above once more - and providing the lack of response as one of the reasons why my suggestions mattered, with real world examples.

I received no reply.

Iain (the OP) and I then got to talking when I realsied he was a board member and again raised my suggestions - and I could tell by the way he was interacting with me that he cared. I could tell he really wanted to make a difference to Club 1872 and the perception, and the way it operated.

So I sent across a substantial set of action plan points with my personal contact details to Iain and he was quite clear in that he was assigned to certain projects outwith the scope of my expertise but would absolutely be passing everything across to someone dealing with those areas and we would hopefully get the ball rolling.

I have no doubt whatsoever Iain passed my information across - but yet again, nobody ever got in touch.

I own and operate two very substantially active businesses in consulting and digital services and was prepared to give a lot of time and effort to Club 1872 for free - for work I'd normally invoice a fortune for, and nobody could be arsed even replying.

That told me all I needed to know about Club 1872, I cancelled shortly thereafter.

I don't doubt anything Iain has said here, the management of Club 1872 has been borderline incompetent for years now and shows no sign of improvement, ever.

I've said it before, I badly, badly miss the militant BITE of the RST and wish this merger never happened. (Lifetime RST Member here!)

If that's true about Chris, that's a joke. If Laura really did say that to Stewart Robertson, she needs to resign as she's 10000% so badly out of touch with their members and the thought of her leading the charge for the people she apparently disagrees with is very concerning.

As another person who has run his own successful businesses for the past 22 years, this ^^^ post would be deeply concerning to me if I were on the board of C1872. It tells me immediately that either personalities are getting in the way of good business decisions or that communication within the organisation has broken down.

The key to running a successful board is not being the most talented or able person on the board, or even the one who does most work, it is making sure that the most talented and able people are identified and given those tasks that they are best equipped to handle. That is good management. It's not about personal cudos.

So, the only thing that matters is that the organisation runs efficiently. It doesnt matter who gets the credit. Just get the job done as a team.

I need some good Rangers news soon, I think my Mrs will be binning me if I'm as grumpy as this for much longer.

Email sent to Club1872:

So it is happening again.....another resignation from Club 1872 board.

I will continue my subscription for the simple fact that Rangers shares are in the hands of fans.

This should not, in any way, be seen as an endorsement of Club 1872 board of directors.

I will not vote for any future resolutions to be passed as I am only interested in shares being purchased now.

This is happening at a difficult time when the fans should be getting answers from Rangers' directors via Club 1872 on the future direction of OUR club.

If the majority of the day to day work is done by 2 people, and one of those people is paid by the club to do it, who's interests is he supposed to be looking after during the day to day running? It is a clear conflict of interest, having major shareholders pay someone to manage other major shareholders. Ordinarily it would not be an issue, but there is no way any kind of arms length can be established at all, not good if the membership are wanting C1872 to hold the board accountable.

I have no reason to doubt what the OP says and there's certainly been smoke for a while about this issue; I didn't believe it initially but I'm coming round to it now.

What I will say is that Club1872 is worth saving, even if that's with a change of leadership. It's a unique opportunity to control the club and safeguard our future forevermore, if we take it. That may mean other fans taking an activist stance and changing the C1872 board. If the current incumbents are useless, then all the more reason to take out or maintain a subscription and ensure the necessary changes are made.

Fantastic post. Amen to that.

This might be a route I would go down but to be honest I'm not clued up on buying shares as an individual.

What is the minimum investment you can buy at one time?
Don't think there is a minimum investment. I usually buy in small amounts of around £100.00 when I can.
If you want to vote or attend at the AGM you need to have them certified in your name, forget the proper terminology for it. That again is a few quid more, not much, can't remember how much as I haven't bought any for the last couple of years as putting my money into club 1872.

We just can never organise ourselves as a fan base,p
Sadly that is true. Look at Foundation of Hearts - 8,000 members, united and making substantial contributions to Hearts. Somehow they have done it right. We should be able to do it but I suspect we never will.

Don't think there is a minimum investment. I usually buy in small amounts of around £100.00 when I can.
If you want to vote or attend at the AGM you need to have them certified in your name, forget the proper terminology for it. That again is a few quid more, not much, can't remember how much as I haven't bought any for the last couple of years as putting my money into club 1872.

That's certainly something I would like to do. I have just done a quick google search to try and find out how to buy shares in Rangers. The club website says JP Jenkins is the trading platform. Do I just register with them and buy shares through them?

Club 1872 have been structurally and operationally poor for quite a while now.

I first contacted them via email to express where my expertise lay and how I could add value via a number of micro improvements that can make quite a rapid improvement to both perception and communication.

I received no reply.

Then, I sent another email highlighting all of the above once more - and providing the lack of response as one of the reasons why my suggestions mattered, with real world examples.

I received no reply.

Iain (the OP) and I then got to talking when I realsied he was a board member and again raised my suggestions - and I could tell by the way he was interacting with me that he cared. I could tell he really wanted to make a difference to Club 1872 and the perception, and the way it operated.

So I sent across a substantial set of action plan points with my personal contact details to Iain and he was quite clear in that he was assigned to certain projects outwith the scope of my expertise but would absolutely be passing everything across to someone dealing with those areas and we would hopefully get the ball rolling.

I have no doubt whatsoever Iain passed my information across - but yet again, nobody ever got in touch.

I own and operate two very substantially active businesses in consulting and digital services and was prepared to give a lot of time and effort to Club 1872 for free - for work I'd normally invoice a fortune for, and nobody could be arsed even replying.

That told me all I needed to know about Club 1872, I cancelled shortly thereafter.

I don't doubt anything Iain has said here, the management of Club 1872 has been borderline incompetent for years now and shows no sign of improvement, ever.

I've said it before, I badly, badly miss the militant BITE of the RST and wish this merger never happened. (Lifetime RST Member here!)

If that's true about Chris, that's a joke. If Laura really did say that to Stewart Robertson, she needs to resign as she's 10000% so badly out of touch with their members and the thought of her leading the charge for the people she apparently disagrees with is very concerning.

Really enlightening post.

I’m questioning the merits of continuing as a Club 1872 member.

This is a case of toys out of the pram by the OP.

Rambling personal attacks that will only damage the cause of fan ownership, and for what? To make himself feel better because he didn't get his own way. Didn't like women standing up to him.

Disagreements happen and it's a shame he is ill and feels unable to continue, but that is no excuse for such a petty, mean spirited and destructive post.

Giving a one sided account of private conversations is a shoddy thing to do.

He should be ashamed of himself.
I hope he gets well soon.

Sadly that is true. Look at Foundation of Hearts - 8,000 members, united and making substantial contributions to Hearts. Somehow they have done it right. We should be able to do it but I suspect we never will.

They have a smaller band of people and are more common goal.

We’re fighting a number of points and have more to disagree on.

That said, it is disappointing that more dirty laundry is aired in public. Says a lot out the quality of some of the candidates who are appointed (and even more about some of the ones who lost to them too)

Like the club’s board, we’re left wanting on the organisational fight

How did two women get so high up in club1872?

From the OP statement they should be chased.
sdjs52.jpg

I’m a life member and current contributor to Club 1872 having been the same with both the RST and RF. I’m either eternally optimistic about the potential of supporters groups or daft, probably both. Yet another board fall out is a real concern for me. I thought Club 1872 had matured beyond the growing pains and internal squabbles. And I don’t think it’s reasonable to just dismiss those concerns. If Rangers are paying Chris Graham to do work for Club1872, as the OP suggests, that’s an issue for anyone who thinks a supporters group should be wholly independent. As is the point about not taking member concerns on board transparency seriously. Now I have no issue with Chris working with Club1872, he has shown time and again the ability to objectively articulate and promote much of what matters to the Rangers support. But I’d rather he was a PR attack dog (in a positive way) operating and funded by an entirely independent Club1872, taking on the media and others on behalf of the support. As a member, that’s a project I’d vote to support. Right now, I will wait to see the response from the other board members as there are always two, or is it three, sides to every story.

Good to see someone post the members report on this thread earlier though, while I am concerned at this latest outburst of infighting, it’s important to recognise that Club1872 do more good than most are aware of, and those who put their considerable time and effort into running it deserve credit for doing so, not abuse.

Ego-maniacs.. Why do all these fans groups end up with splinter cells. All in it for their own benefit. Some of these people are cut from the same cloth as the spivs. Driven by self gain.

My monthly payment continues.

I hear Laura side of story.

Instead of nameless guy on here who gave the org 5 months and pulls seriously ill story, not that I’ll that he’s slaughtered Laura and Joanne and made claims against Chris G.

Was his sole intention to put himself forward to cause bother.

Nice timing after a tanking from Yahoos.

Is anyone *that* surprised that this could be the case ? The wishy washy statements , being treated like the family ginger even though they are the 2nd largest shareholder and the obvious disconnect between the feelings of the membership and the actions of the directors.

C1872 is a fantastic initiative , we need to make better use of it

That's certainly something I would like to do. I have just done a quick google search to try and find out how to buy shares in Rangers. The club website says JP Jenkins is the trading platform. Do I just register with them and buy shares through them?
Shop around there used to be a thread on here and most recommended a firm called Hargreaves Lansdowne if I remember correctly.
I found a Glasgow based broker, Barclays, Tay House in Bath Street, they seemed ok, joined a share deal, which suits me as i can just buy shares when i want online.
Works for me, but shop around for one that suits yourself.

The fans should get a seat. 100%. Just how that happens is up for debate

Personally I think c1872 is the right mechanism to provide that person. If they can sort it out. It shouldn’t be difficult.
I was involved from the beginning with RF along with Richard Atkinson,James Blair and Greg, there were about a dozen involved but the last 3 were IMO the ones that drove it.
It was a hard shift but an enjoyable one as in my mind we were helping ordinary fans,like ourselves , the opportunity have a say in our Club.
Officially RF were apolitical, but anyone who knew me knew I was for regime change.
Now despite certain people who believe that we were acting under direction from Dave King or any of his associates, we were not. The same people are saying we set up RF to come together with the RST, which is nonsense as it was voted on by the members.
I have not commented on the merger until now but I would not have voted for it but that is democracy at work
I had met Dave on the same afternoon that the UOF had met him that morning, I liked what I heard and he laid out a plan that came to fruition. I advised him against calling for a boycott as Supporters like myself would never boycott Rangers but agreed if they set up a fund we would put the same amount of money in as our ST cost.
When we got involved with RF, I personally took pelters from a certain section of our fans, I was also allegedly against The RST, more nonsense as I was a member, and that I asked Richard Gough to join RF and not the RST, when in fact I asked Richard to join both on the same day,which he did.
The point I am making is I would never do anything I thought would be detrimental to our support and always said I would never stand for a position of Director of these boards ( although if invited, would be ok being a consultant )
Too many people get carried away with their own self importance and want a big hat, not for me.
There is no way we should be asking for a member to be a director of our Club, what we should be doing is asking the board to meet two representatives of 1872 for a meeting with them befor a board meeting and put the fans points across, then they could discuss then and send an email back within 48 hours ans the members can be sent a copy.
If 1872 don't do something like this, they might as well sell the shares
This is my opinion and my opinion only
I have not been paid for this article:):):)
Although if anyone wants to donate:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Put yourself forward for election.
I am not a member nor do I want to be a member. I do not agree with the way the organisation is being run at present and frankly I do not have the experience, skill set nor amI clever enough to change things and take things in the right direction. If I thought I could/would make a difference I would, however I am not prepared to put myself forward for election if it would be further detrimental to the organisation.
I do continue to reserve the right to question things though when I do not agree with them. On the other hand I am happy to commend Club 1872 when they do something I agree with.

Fans and club first. Transparency, hardwork and tenacity. Can’t be that hard!
Unless you have an ego that needs petted it won’t be for you mate, the Club 1872 is still a young organisation who is still at the ego it’s stage further down the line after a few elections it will get better and function as it was meant too.

Back