Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Rather than focusing on the sentence, or lack of, I'd like to see this as yet another nail in that rancid organisation's rotting coffin.
Agreed, too much negativity over lack of sentencing. I could be wrong but I think this was always the case here with Cairney and his ‘sick note’

There are monumental positives here, for the victims, for faith in the Courts, for faith in the truth the victims are telling, positives for Spotlight for the upcoming class action in March

Individual fans have no sway when contacting "the football authorities".
However, a group of substantial shareholders in a Club from the same league (I think we know who I mean) should be able to rightfully contact the SFA / SPFL and ask them what punitive actions will be taken against a Club that has engaged in employing numerous child abusers (and re-employing them).

The question should be termed along the lines of:
"We can all agree that there is nothing more important to us than the safety of our children. .....
We have seen another Club actually ejected from the League system apparently on the basis of financial "fiddling".
Since child abuse is far more serious than that, will the SFA/SPFL take action to similarly punish a Club that has quite deliberately emplaced (sometimes known) child abusers into positions where they have attacked and molested children ?
Is Financial Impropriety worse than Child Abuse in the eyes of Scottish Football Authorities ?"
100% mate ....Let's face it if it was us they would have already had a meeting with The SFA/SPFL demanding /suggesting all sorts , and would have got what they ( and Shifty Mcgifty ) wanted .

While disappointed at no jail time this IMHO proves what Spotlight and the others have posted for so long and opens up the door for the class action.
The old b*****d may have escaped jail but his many cohorts will be having squeeky bums and sleepless night I now hope.
Let's hope for ALL to be convicted and the class action guys to get their result.
As for the scum club hell mend them.

The key thing for me is not so much the punishment of this individual however odious his crimes are is whether it has now been established at this hearing(in law) that intrinsically Celtic BC have a direct and clear linkage to Celtic FC.
This for me would be the key to everything else that follows including the class action.
Perhaps this could be clarified.

That horrible club have went way beyond bringing the game into disrepute. They were enablers and facilitators of serious criminal offences against children and other young people. They then deliberately covered up those criminal acts to " save the good name of the club. ". Police Scotland should be investigating their culpable behaviour.
Sadly police Scotland ceased investigating immediately after Nippy and Swinney announced sporting and religious institutions couldnt/ wouldn't be included in any CSA investigations because it would take too long , basically saying they didn't have time ,and police Scotland fell obediently into line . From that point on Holyrood confirmed they were not interested ( which we all saw and knew anyway ) and were washing their hands of it , furthermore it wouldn't be allowed to be discussed in any level shape or form in Holyrood . The fact they have/are never taken to task on this is a disgrace and blame lies firmly at the door of all MP's.

Last edited:
The key thing for me is not so much the punishment of this individual however odious his crimes are is whether it has now been established at this hearing(in law) that intrinsically Celtic BC have a direct and clear linkage to Celtic FC.
This for me would be the key to everything else that follows including the class action.
Perhaps this could be clarified.

Yes GOG.

What it says about our justice system is another issue, because this no sentence is an absolute disgrace.

However, Cairney has inadvertently helped the victims for the class action with his comments, as he’s effectively ripped up the separate entity argument on his own.

And by being deemed guilty, it still keeps that clubs shameful behaviour with their ‘scurrilous’ stories comment, and others, right in the firing line.

Four others still awaiting trial, and the McAuley one will be very interesting, given that it was so recent.

Historical issue ? Not bloody likely.

And how will the SFA Whitewash look if McAuley is proven guilty ?

Yes GOG.

What it says about our justice system is another issue, because this no sentence is an absolute disgrace.

However, Cairney has inadvertently helped the victims for the class action with his comments, as he’s effectively ripped up the separate entity argument on his own.

And by being deemed guilty, it still keeps that clubs shameful behaviour with their ‘scurrilous’ stories comment, and others, right in the firing line.

Four others still awaiting trial, and the McAuley one will be very interesting, given that it was so recent.

Considering the McAuley trial is recent, that club should not be allowed to compete at any level in any competition. They need investigated to determine whether abuse is still occurring there, and questions should be asked about their role in the historical abuse cover up.

Considering the McAuley trial is recent, that club should not be allowed to compete at any level in any competition. They need investigated to determine whether abuse is still occurring there, and questions should be asked about their role in the historical abuse cover up.

Exactly SAB.

This will expose the SFA Review Claim that controls are now in place at Celtic as a sham.

Exactly SAB.

This will expose the SFA Review Claim that controls are now in place at Celtic as a sham.
“3.57 The Independent Review has been impressed by the commitment and leadership shown by Celtic FC to progressing improvements in the protection of young people and the reduction of risk at the club especially over the last six years and we are aware that more recently steps have been taken to continue this process of improvement and delivery.”

There should be jail terms for all these arseholes that participated in that scam of an inquiry.

Yes GOG.

Grigo
I’m on the outside looking in and don’t have any semblance of knowledge in comparison with yourself and other key players.
However there is a cabal of parties at the top of Scottish society including Government/Media/Judiciary who will do anything and everything to suppress this scandal.
Breaking down the separate entity defence damages any mitigation /denial that can be put up.
I still believe that any advocate working on their behalf will keep this line of defence going.
I still believe it’s a case of chipping away until their case becomes untenable and then they will try and cut a deal with the victims without admitting liability.

I could be completely wrong.

“3.57 The Independent Review has been impressed by the commitment and leadership shown by Celtic FC to progressing improvements in the protection of young people and the reduction of risk at the club especially over the last six years and we are aware that more recently steps have been taken to continue this process of improvement and delivery.”

There should be jail terms for all these arseholes that participated in that scam of an inquiry.

Great illustration of the whitewash I was referring to Terry.

From a symbolic angle, McAuley is massive, and your post highlights why.

Grigo
I’m on the outside looking in and don’t have any semblance of knowledge in comparison with yourself and other key players.
However there is a cabal of parties at the top of Scottish society including Government/Media/Judiciary who will do anything and everything to suppress this scandal.
Breaking down the separate entity defence damages any mitigation /denial that can be put up.
I still believe that any advocate working on their behalf will keep this line of defence going.
I still believe it’s a case of chipping away until their case becomes untenable and then they will try and cut a deal with the victims without admitting liability.

I could be completely wrong.

Fair summary GOG, but we are continuing to attack & expose all of their hypocrisy, not just Celtic.

The SFA are as guilty as Celtic. They have hidden this, misdirected this, covered it up for years. Their child abuser although not proven almost certainly was involved with the child abusers at Parkhead. It’s hard not to think that when you see how small the pond they actually swam in was.

The time will come when there will be a right side and a wrong side of the fence to be on. It will end careers and will put companies out of business.

The SFA are as guilty as Celtic. They have hidden this, misdirected this, covered it up for years. Their child abuser although not proven almost certainly was involved with the child abusers at Parkhead. It’s hard not to think that when you see how small the pond they actually swam in was.

The time will come when there will be a right side and a wrong side of the fence to be on. It will end careers and will put companies out of business.
and hopefully give people their lives back after the horrific attacks they have suffered. Predominantly those victims of the CSA but also the teams and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to uncover the shocking truths of these crimes, something the authorities and media outlets could have done easily, if they'd an appetite for doing so.

Yes GOG.

The evidence quoted from FC at yesterday’s trial is this from the time he was found guilty at Hamilton Sheriff Court ?
If so he didn’t have Dementia then and people can’t use that as an excuse.
Just a thought.

and hopefully give people their lives back after the horrific attacks they have suffered. Predominantly those victims of the CSA but also the teams and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to uncover the shocking truths of these crimes, something the authorities and media outlets could have done easily, if they'd an appetite for doing so.
That is the number one reason for all this. To get justice for every single victim of child abuse in Scottish football.

100% mate ....Let's face it if it was us they would have already had a meeting with The SFA/SPFL demanding /suggesting all sorts , and would have got what they ( and Shifty Mcgifty ) wanted .
Correct bud, after the class action time for dignified silences are over. Once the victims have been vindicated and compensated our board should be garnering support from all other clubs in the league to send out a clear message that celtics actions and inactions during this whole drawn out scandal are not acceptable and expulsion from the Scottish professional leagues is the only suitable sanction. They have tarnished the Scottish games reputation worldwide. As you say they would be screaming from the rooftops if the shoe was on the other foot.

The evidence quoted from FC at yesterday’s trial is this from the time he was found guilty at Hamilton Sheriff Court ?
If so he didn’t have Dementia then and people can’t use that as an excuse.
Just a thought.

It was a video from when he was arrested on these charges, back in August 2019, so your point is on the button.

He didn’t claim dementia back then, so this statement has no excuse.

Might just be me but I still think the power of the R.C. church and their flock in high office in Scotland are keeping this smothered,Let’s be honest the fhilth are a product of the cult of Roman Catholicism they are supported and financed predominately by R.C.s,We have very influential fhilth supporters in the media,judiciary and politics and you can bet your last pound on the fact that if it was us the same people would be screaming from the rooftops for justice.

Last edited:
I've just sent an email to Adidas UK informing them of the updates etc.asking them if they're happy to continue their association with paedo f.c.
I noticed much to my concern that their Global Trade Marketing Director is a Mr. Tim McNulty . It then got me thinking is this why they continue to sponsor them , and is it the reason why they're sponsoring them in the first place....?.. :cool:

Last edited:
That horrible club have went way beyond bringing the game into disrepute. They were enablers and facilitators of serious criminal offences against children and other young people. They then deliberately covered up those criminal acts to " save the good name of the club. ". Police Scotland should be investigating their culpable behaviour.
Prima facie case to answer here, that's how it works at the SFA.

Agreed, too much negativity over lack of sentencing. I could be wrong but I think this was always the case here with Cairney and his ‘sick note’

There are monumental positives here, for the victims, for faith in the Courts, for faith in the truth the victims are telling, positives for Spotlight for the upcoming class action in March
Agreed, the Procurator should be commended for getting this case into court and that rat found guilty

Last edited:
I think this is bigger than Penn state.
Quite simply, it's thee biggest scandal in world sport. If this was any other league in the world the media here wouldn't be slow in exposing everything that's gone on, unless of course it was Rangers and not them.
We'd have been shut down by now if it was us and being honest, who could complain given what's went on over there.

Correct bud, after the class action time for dignified silences are over. Once the victims have been vindicated and compensated our board should be garnering support from all other clubs in the league to send out a clear message that celtics actions and inactions during this whole drawn out scandal are not acceptable and expulsion from the Scottish professional leagues is the only suitable sanction. They have tarnished the Scottish games reputation worldwide. As you say they would be screaming from the rooftops if the shoe was on the other foot.

In other words "sporting integrity" is it not?

I still find it ironic that headway into this scandal has been created by guys of spotlight and not by the sturgeon stormtroopers who are supposed to uphold the law.
If a crime is reported they are supposed to act upon it and investigate, how many of you guys think they dont know what did and is going on at that club.

Prima facie case to answer here, that's how it works at the SFA.
Exactly this.

As I mentioned, we simply MUST continue to make comparisons -- one Club sent our of the Leagues on that basis because of involvement in financial misdeeds (let's not argue the point this time).
The other Club has been involved in numerous child abuse cases and convictions (much much more than any other football club in the whole history of this entire world).

The only reason that they are NOT sent out of the Leagues is if the SFA/SPFL do not consider multiple child abuse and the fates of children to be at least as serious as how wages were paid.

As stated above, this is a prima facie case.
There is simply no argument about it.
The SFA/SPFL need to be asked point-blank and very very publicly, if they see financial abuse as being more important than child abuse.

Exactly this.

As I mentioned, we simply MUST continue to make comparisons -- one Club sent our of the Leagues on that basis because of involvement in financial misdeeds (let's not argue the point this time).
The other Club has been involved in numerous child abuse cases and convictions (much much more than any other football club in the whole history of this entire world).

The only reason that they are NOT sent out of the Leagues is if the SFA/SPFL do not consider multiple child abuse and the fates of children to be at least as serious as how wages were paid.

As stated above, this is a prima facie case.
There is simply no argument about it.
The SFA/SPFL need to be asked point-blank and very very publicly, if they see financial abuse as being more important than child abuse.
100% the question needs asked. there will a few sleepless nights for a lot of folk in all connected to the club, SFA and Scottish clown show we have as government.

ThIs result for the victims today in just one in many chains becoming unchained. Someone will break rank and more will follow so save skin.

Amazing work spotlight, all the way for the victims.

Back