Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Thanks.

I didn't mean third time recently. You didn't miss anything.

I meant my third time asking over the last year because I never save the post number. had asked about it before many posts ago, and people answered/ posted it.
There’s a Spotlight member currently updating this. There’s a few things we have to check out first. As soon as that’s done then we’ll put it in here for all to view.

I raise my hat to the spotlight team for the work they do free of charge it’s a difficult subject to live with day in day out.
BN94 has touched on it recently how the Scottish Government and certain other associates are not interested in this scandal. That is obvious.
I’m going to name another individual who won’t even acknowledge he’s had letters and emails from myself or another member of the Scottish Parliament.
JAMIE GREENE conservative and the current shadow justice secretary.
Let that sink in. Shadow justice secretary.
Jamie was one of a very few conservatives who voted for the GRR bill.
Why is he not acknowledging correspondence?

One of the potential US cases goes back to a tour to New Jersey that supposedly saw the Celtic directors fly over to the US to speak with the police and the boy's parents.

Is that the first time the media here have mentioned this important fact? Blows that despicable club's separate

One of the potential US cases goes back to a tour to New Jersey that supposedly saw the Celtic directors fly over to the US to speak with the police and the boy's parents.

Is that the first time the media here have mentioned this important fact? Blows that despicable club's separate entity argument out the window.

rgument out the window.

parentssaaggrrrgragsasa

The boy involved parents agreed to keep it quiet, prob involved a brown paper bag

( Allegedly)

I raise my hat to the spotlight team for the work they do free of charge it’s a difficult subject to live with day in day out.
BN94 has touched on it recently how the Scottish Government and certain other associates are not interested in this scandal. That is obvious.
I’m going to name another individual who won’t even acknowledge he’s had letters and emails from myself or another member of the Scottish Parliament.
Time he was removed by Douglas Ross. But he won't. I have said this for years, this is the opposition parties best opportunity to bring down The Scottish Nonce Party and The Green enablers.

Grow a backbone and demand an independent inquiry ffs.

The council estate I grew up in was mostly catholic, mine was one of a handful of protestant families so most of my pals were tims, sunday mornings were boring as everyone was at mass (for years I thought they were going to “maths” wtf :))). Every now and then the priest would creep about the scheme and my mates would run up to him calling him father, one time I quite innocently asked him if I could call him father, he turned to me quite abruptly and said “No” as a wee boy I was hurt and humiliated by this but as I got older I realised I probably dodged a bullet. Thinking about it now he must have known his cult had zero power over me and any unwanted advances from him and I would go straight to my parents who would do the obvious thing and go to the police. The fact that catholic parents take complaints of paedophillia on their children to what is effectively the perpetrators line manager and not to the police is a measure of the levels of brainwashing amongst them.

Last edited:
The council estate I grew up in was mostly catholic, mine was one of a handful of protestant families so most of my pals were tims, sunday mornings were boring as everyone was at mass (for years I thought they were going to “maths” wtf :))). Every now and then the priest would creep about the scheme and my mates would run up to him calling him father, one time I quite innocently asked him if I could call him father, he turned to me quite abruptly and said “No” as a wee boy I was hurt and humiliated by this but as I got older I realised I probably dodged a bullet. Thinking about it now he must have known his cult had zero power over me and any unwanted advances from him and I would go straight to my parents who would do the obvious thing and go to the police. The fact that catholic parents take complaints of paedophillia on their children to what is effectively the perpetrators line manager and not to the police is a measure of the levels of brainwashing amongst them.
I, like you, grew up in a predominantly Catholic, working class area but in Londonderry. We had some wonderful Catholic neighbours and most of my mates, running about the streets were Catholic. Whenever the priests and nuns came round the area, theses noisy, rough and tumble ragamuffin kids would stand, head bowed, mumbling a greeting or saying nothing as they passed. Even as a youngster, I realised this was not out of respect, but fear.

Whilst the RC church doesn't have the hold it once had (my experiences were 60 years ago now), I still notice whenever I attend a funeral in a Chapel, the RC people, some of whom I've played on rugby and football with (no shrinking violets) have that same look of fear, not terror, but apprehension, when they enter the place. I mentioned this to my wife who was shocked when she noticed and agreed.

There is no joy in that cult - it controls through fear and intimidation.

This is why parents of abused children are loath to involve the authorities.

Most rational people would involve the police immediately (after knocking lumps out of the perpetrator) but it testifies to the grip that this disgusting cult has over its followers.

In some ways, I pity them.

Last edited:
I, like you, grew up in a predominantly Catholic, working class area but in Londonderry. We had some wonderful Catholic neighbours and most of my mates, running about the streets were Catholic. Whenever the priests and nuns came round the area, theses noisy, rough and tumble ragamuffin kids would stand, head bowed, mumbling a greeting or saying nothing as they passed. Even as a youngster, I realised this was not out of respect, but fear.

Whilst the RC church doesn't have the hold it once had (my experiences were 60 years ago now), I still notice whenever I attend a funeral in a Chapel, the RC people, some of whom I've played on rugby and football with (no shrinking violets) have that is same look of fear, not terror, but apprehension, when they enter the place. I mentioned this to my wife who was shocked when she noticed and agreed.

Most rational people would involve the police immediately (after knocking lumps out of the perpetrator) but it testifies to the grip that this disgusting cult have over their followers.

In some ways, I pity them
As far as know it is the catholic church that insists on separate schools for their cult members children (the donators of tomorrow). How anyone thinks an organisation that clearly has a huge problem with paedophiles among their workforce is fit and proper to be running schools, is beyond me.

Last edited:
I am like you , I have written to so many conservative members that I have lost count and not one has had the balls to reply. I really do not know what else and who else to try and get an answer from. That so called leader( the fat bastard who runs the line) should stick to his day job and ask the question at when he stands up and spouts so much crap.I will accept any help to try and get someone to speak up because I am at a loss at what else that I can do.

I am like you , I have written to so many conservative members that I have lost count and not one has had the balls to reply. I really do not know what else and who else to try and get an answer from. That so called leader( the fat bastard who runs the line) should stick to his day job and ask the question at when he stands up and spouts so much crap.I will accept any help to try and get someone to speak up because I am at a loss at what else that I can do.
I’ve had replies from all msp’s I’ve contacted apart from one. Jamie Greene.

A FORMER Celtic youth manager deemed unfit for trial groped a teenage player in their stadium's changing room, a hearing was told today/yesterday.

Frank Cairney, 87, allegedly inappropriately touched the upset 15-year-old while giving him a "consoling" hug in 1986.

Cairney was said to have also touched the boy's lower back and moved his hand to his upper thigh.

Cairney was said to have committed sexual crimes against a total of three teenage boys between July 1978 and June 1989.

This includes at Celtic Park and in the club's Barrowfield training ground.

Cairney, of Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, was due to go on trial for five days at Glasgow Sheriff Court today/yesterday.

But, his advocate Andrew Crosbie told Sheriff Tom Hughes at a hearing: "He maintains his plea of not guilty.

“There is a joint position by me and my friend.

“You are aware that Mr Cairney is unfortunately unfit to stand trial.

“You have had sight of expert reports and that it is the unequivocal opinion of a doctor from September and two other doctors.

"My friend and I agree that it's impossible for him to stand trial on this matter."

Prosecutor Mark Allan joined in the motion adding: "It is established on the balance of probabilities that Mr Cairney is incapable of participating in the trial.

"There is no issue from the Crown for the absence of Mr Cairney and you are invited to fix an examination of facts."

Sheriff Hughes granted the joint motion to fix an examination of facts and allowed for Cairney's absence.

Previous hearings had been told that Cairney had been suffering from "health difficulties" including dementia.

Court papers state Cairney assaulted the boy when he was aged between 15 and 18 within the Barrowfield dressing rooms as well as Celtic Park between February 1,1986 and December 31, 1988.

It is claimed Cairney repeatedly hugged him, repeatedly placed his hands underneath his clothing and repeatedly touched his back, stomach, thigh, groin, buttocks and penis.

The now 52-year-old Irish football coach stated in his evidence he signed for Celtic in early 1986.

The witness stated that he moved to Glasgow alone and worked an apprentice at the club who cleaned the dressing rooms and boots of senior players.

He stated that his first interaction with manager Cairney came at an under 16 tournament in France.

The man stated that Cairney was a "big imposing man" and "a bit of a bully."

He added: "He made verbals and was aggressive that's the best way to describe it."

The man stated that he went to home Ireland for a week after the tournament before returning to Scotland while "homesick."

His Celtic team were said to be playing in an important match which took place at Parkhead.

The man said he played in the match - which Celtic won - as a substitute but he remained upset after full time.

The man stated that he went into the separate shower area of the Celtic Park dressing room alone and was joined by Cairney.

The witness said: "He asked how I was - I was crying and to be honest I was upset.

"He put his arms around me to hug me in a consoling way I thought at the time.

"He put his hand on my lower back and his other hand was at the top of the inside of my leg.

"He then moved his hand and touch my private parts and lower stomach."

The man stated that he was still wearing his football kit at the time.

He said: "I was still crying, I don't recall him saying anything."

He added that the pair left the shower area after the incident and went back to the changing room.

Mr Allan: "When you think back what did you think in the moment?"

The man: "Shock, I think I was so sad about having to come back - I don't think I comprehended what happened."

The hearing was earlier told that the man contacted police in 2018 about the circumstances involving him.

Mr Allan said: "These were circumstances during that time period when you were with Celtic Boys Club?"

The man replied: "Celtic Football Club."

The charges say another boy, when aged between 15 and 16, was assaulted within a car in Paisley, Renfrewshire and in the dressing rooms at Celtic's Barrowfield training ground between July 1 1978 and June 30 1979.

It goes on to state that that the boy was repeatedly touched on the thigh by Cairney.

Cairney is further charged with repeatedly punching and slapping the same boy to his head and body at Barrowfield.
Cairney is also charged with indecently assaulting a third teenage boy at a hotel room in Aviemore and in a car in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire on various occasions between August 1 1988 and June 30 1989.

The examination of facts continues before Sheriff Hughes.

The examination of facts is a pretty much a trial without Cairney. They will hear evidence and rule on whether or not he is guilty.
I know you can't say too much, but is this a good thing because his lies can't skew the facts, or a bad thing as it's potential further evidence not presented?

Examination of the Facts​

Where a court has deemed that an accused is unfit to stand trial, an examination of facts will occur.

This is a procedure where evidence is led in before a judge sitting without jury.

The Crown and the defence will have an opportunity to lead evidence and the defence has a duty to test the Crown case during this process.

There is no formal verdict at the conclusion of the evidence and submissions.

The judge makes findings in facts based on the evidence that has been heard and accepted by him.

If, the judge concludes that the acts of the accused would have constituted a crime if he had been fit to stand trial, the judge will be required to make a finding on the mental state of the accused at the time of the offence.

Regardless of the judge's finding on the accused's mental state at the time of the offence, the judge will make an order detaining the accused in hospital.

If the judge finds that the accused did not act in a manner which would constitute a crime, the judge will either liberate the accused or remit him to a hospital for up seven days.

If remitted to hospital, there is an opportunity for the accused to be examined and procedures initiated under mental health legislation which could lead to the accused being compelled to remain in hospital for treatment.

I would say in general they were all supportive apart from Jamie Greene.

One was verbally supportive and also wrote to Jamie Greene.

One was supportive and wrote a letter to the then justice secretary Humza Yousaf. He did not reply.
What is Greene’s problem?

Bawsac shouldn’t be allowed to get away with not replying to a fellow MSP. And the MSP that contacted him shouldn’t be accepting that.

Whilst the RC church doesn't have the hold it once had (my experiences were 60 years ago now), I still notice whenever I attend a funeral in a Chapel, the RC people, some of whom I've played on rugby and football with (no shrinking violets) have that same look of fear, not terror, but apprehension, when they enter the place. I mentioned this to my wife who was shocked when she noticed and agreed.

Most rational people would involve the police immediately (after knocking lumps out of the perpetrator) but it testifies to the grip that this disgusting cult has over their followers.

In some ways, I pity them.
All you say is correct. My mother came from a Catholic family and my Father from the good side.

When they first started "courting" my Mother mentioned that she always tried to be out of the house when the priest was spotted in the area. He made advances on a few occasions towards my mother and her twin sister. Her family weren't interested in having a word with the priest for some reason or another.

My old man who could handle himself soon sorted the fukr out and that was the end of the problem. Can't get my head around why her family didn't just have a word with the dirty bastard.

I would say in general they were all supportive apart from Jamie Greene.

One was verbally supportive and also wrote to Jamie Greene.

One was supportive and wrote a letter to the then justice secretary Humza Yousaf. He did not reply.
When you have an incompetent in the job, that's hardly a surprise. He barely knows what day of the week it is.

All you say is correct. My mother came from a Catholic family and my Father from the good side.

When they first started "courting" my Mother mentioned that she always tried to be out of the house when the priest was spotted in the area. He made advances on a few occasions towards my mother and her twin sister. Her family weren't interested in having a word with the priest for some reason or another.

My old man who could handle himself soon sorted the fukr out and that was the end of the problem. Can't get my head around why her family didn't just have a word with the dirty bastard.
Probably the same reason that many of these incidents have been kept quiet. I would doubt very much if it is only isolated incidents.

Because they are a religion run by fear and lies. They're indoctrinated to believe the priest is almighty from the second they're born. It's institutionalised mental and physical torture and even then we'll never fully understand it as we're not them.

The fact that someone has not drawn a line under this succession of individuals and just ordered an inquiry into the obvious fact that there is a huge organised amount of evil been going on, is a disgrace to Scotland. Police shut them down and go through everything. Mass arrests.
But then the Two cults of SNP and that so called Church are corrupt bedfellows.

What a vile country we live in

Beast after beast convicted of CSA at CFC CBC victims in the UK and abroad and we have the SNP Govt, police, media etc all protecting Bheast FC

It’s a disgrace and yet the victims are still suffering decades after they have been abused

The scum should be shut down but we know it’s the Catholic Mafia who are the real power in this shithole and they are behind all of these sleekit underhand tactics to cover up and minimise the punishments by the courts

I'm pretty ignorant of how these things work, particularly where and how you can prejudice a Case, but is it not possible for someone from Spotlight to request a meeting with Andrew Neil and offer him access to their accumulated documentation?
Or does that put the entire case at risk?

Because they are a religion run by fear and lies. They're indoctrinated to believe the priest is almighty from the second they're born. It's institutionalised mental and physical torture and even then we'll never fully understand it as we're not them.
I understand RC’s believe the priest is the conduit to G-d and passes on his judgment back to the flock.
The priest has absolute power and the ability to pardon people from the most heinous of crimes and does so regularly.
He’s a salve to their conscience as their crimes are readily forgiven.
Add into the mix the Priest themselves lead an unnatural life then you can see quite easily why there are so many issues within the priesthood.
Very sad but perhaps goes some way to explain why there are so many victims of abuse.

Back