Tickets for the final

So what are we thinking the chances are that there will be a 2nd ballots for the cup final tickets?

I'm at work and I've got my emails and Rangers account open in the background just in case, but I have a call at 1pm and a meeting at 2 for the rest of the day and it's guaranteed it'll be then!!!!

I'm just having some vain hope that it'll happen, but I know in my heart we are watching it at home.

There’s a big thread already discussing. From what I’ve seen there are only 500 tickets left so any drop will be tiny.

This will all be much easier when we are all implanted with microchips tracking our location, spend, and staunchness via (blue) blood test - as well as automated biometric entry to stadia. Only then will we know who is the most entitled to cup final tickets. Roll on the future.

There’s a big thread already discussing. From what I’ve seen there are only 500 tickets left so any drop will be tiny.

I'm at work, so not really able to browse all the threads, my bad!

Oh well no chance for me then, especially if it goes to fastest finger first this afternoon.

Very draft question but will those 500 tickets just be offered to 500 people or will it say be offered to the rest of silver and it’s then a scramble/who ever logs in quick enough to get them?

I’m bronze anyway so no chance but was just curious :D

I'm at work, so not really able to browse all the threads, my bad!

Oh well no chance for me then, especially if it goes to fastest finger first this afternoon.

Sadly I’m in the same boat, already making alternative plans, gutted

Very draft question but will those 500 tickets just be offered to 500 people or will it say be offered to the rest of silver and it’s then a scramble/who ever logs in quick enough to get them?

Is it just going to go to the point you need to log in or will they send an email like they did for those of us with 1296 points and above last week?

Guy in work is trying to sort his out just now but there's nothing showing.

That is all correct but it doesn’t mean those registered are who ends up with the tickets
Aye ok, so do you honestly think a random can just turn up at the bus and gets given a ticket before any ticketless club member of the supporters club
Bearing in mind the supporters clubs only got 8 tickets for the cup final.

Why not call it as it is - you feel you should be entitled to a ticket over everyone else and are pissed off that you didn’t get a ticket and are trying to justify why you didn’t get a ticket for such a high profile game by blaming supporters clubs

Bronze has nothing to do with what category you are in for semi finals and finals

Is it just going to go to the point you need to log in or will they send an email like they did for those of us with 1296 points and above last week?

Guy in work is trying to sort his out just now but there's nothing showing.

I assume with the limited number available, they will drop the points slightly and email those in that next points bracket.

I assume with the limited number available, they will drop the points slightly and email those in that next points bracket.
Yeah that is the normal so say 700 people have 1250+ points they will release the 500 to them 1st and if they don't buy reduce again - cannot see it going much below 1250

Aye ok, so do you honestly think a random can just turn up at the bus and gets given a ticket before any ticketless club member of the supporters club

Why not call it as it is - you feel you should be entitled to a ticket over everyone else and are pissed off that you didn’t get a ticket and are trying to justify why you didn’t get a ticket for such a high profile game by blaming supporters clubs

Offcourse I am. Just like people who belong to an rsc think that they deserve the tickets more. What I am saying is that someone could be a member of an rsc but contribute absolutely nothing to rangers in a season in terms of season ticket or mygers but instead just relies on the bus. I’m not being hypocritical about it, I am quite open in that fact that I think in a 21k allocation I should have been deserving of a ticket with the amount of money I pay into the club each season.

It’s no different to people in gold being annoyed that they miss out on tickets to away games while someone with 100 points in bronze gets a ticket. A lot of the opinions on here would be different if the final tickets weren’t top down and were allocated like other away games

Last edited:

In fairness to the poster you’d feel entitled to a ticket too if your season ticket was 5x more expensive than the cheapest ones, and people in the cheapest seats will have tickets. Obviously that’s not how it works but you’d be pissed off

In fairness to the poster you’d feel entitled to a ticket too if your season ticket was 5x more expensive than the cheapest ones, and people in the cheapest seats will have tickets. Obviously that’s not how it works but you’d be pissed off
You could feed that thought all the way down the stands. Outwith corporate ST''s there's almost £300 difference between the cheapest and most expensive ST'S for the a average supporter

everyone that pays through the nose for some kind of hospitality/corporate season ticket at Ibrox should be getting a ticket for a 21k final allocation.

I am not one of those people, but surely, we can all agree on that? cut the bus allocation and make sure they're all covered.

Where's the '500' number came from? I highly doubt the ticket office have just told a random supporter how many tickets are going to be available, when they never usually release that information (as far as I'm aware or can recall).

You could feed that thought all the way down the stands. Outwith corporate ST''s there's almost £300 difference between the cheapest and most expensive ST'S for the a average supporter
Of course, think that points been made before too. Just doesn’t sit right someone spending £2.5k doesn’t get a ticket for the final or worst case, offered the hospitality package before it goes to public sale

everyone that pays through the nose for some kind of hospitality/corporate season ticket at Ibrox should be getting a ticket for a 21k final allocation.

I am not one of those people, but surely, we can all agree on that? cut the bus allocation and make sure they're all covered.
It’s a tough one. People will have mixed views.

Do the filth have similar ticketing problems? I never hear of any

No, if thats the case, what about fans like myself that need to pay another £100 per game to travel to matches from the North East? Ive got added expenses just to get to the stadium to support? After a European night I get home at 2am and have work first thing need to use holidays etc just to get to Ibrox.
Money I could put into a more expensive ticket.

No, if thats the case, what about fans like myself that need to pay another £100 per game to travel to matches from the North East? Ive got added expenses just to get to the stadium to support? After a European night I get home at 2am and have work first thing need to use holidays etc just to get to Ibrox.

Rangers don’t see any of that additional money though. They do with the hospitality STs.

Think we're arguing over semantics of the word category. Anyone in Bronze is Cat1 for semis and finals but it's absolutely the case that being in Bronze has something to do with your chance of a ticket.
Gold, sliver and bronze has nothing to do with semi-finals & finals

It is done on points base only once you meet the other criteria for that group you are in

There’s is the equivalent to our old cccs semi/final ballot. Need to be on a scheme buying home cup tickets and then it’s just a random luck of the draw

For away games it’s basically a top down system with Ibrox being a ballot based on people that haven’t missed a game for like 2 or 3 seasons prior (they don’t include attendance at Ibrox in the criteria as that would discount people that didn’t get the game before)

My friend says it’s a nightmare to get away tickets for them

They are just a straight ballot amongst season ticket holders on their equivalent scheme similar to how the cccs operated pre mygers. Very few left from their first ballot. They can log onto their site and pick a specific seat for hampden as have a seat map up. Only a few dotted about east stand front few rows left apparently

My friend who has 2 in club72 and travels from London for around 20 games a season didn’t get any for the final. Everybody has their own circumstances.

Rangers don’t see any of that additional money though. They do with the hospitality STs.
They see plenty of my additional money through buying merchandise, strips etc. All part of supporting the club, which, unfortunately for me, includes a lengthy travel to and from games. So they make X amount from an expensive ticket that some guys like a drink when they go to games. But they will, I imagine, make alot more from those who have normal season tickets but they continue to invest in the club in multiple ways.

My friend who has 2 in club72 and travels from London for around 20 games a season didn’t get any for the final. Everybody has their own circumstances.
Absolutely, not sure I get the context here, but thats my point. Why should someone who has a more expensive season ticket get priority...

you could move closer to the stadium or start going to see a team closer to home?

you could move closer to the stadium or start going to see a team closer to home?
I moved to the North East ten years ago. I'll ask the wife if she'll up sticks the kids so I can have a shorter trip to the games eh?

I never gave up my season ticket, including going to games at Ibrox down the lower leagues when other chose to not turn up... Doesnt mean anything to the club, but how many folks, like me kept my ticket for all those years and had alot of miles to travel when others couldnt even be bothered going to games that were a short bus or subway away.

Absolutely, not sure I get the context here, but thats my point. Why should someone who has a more expensive season ticket get priority...

Because the club has introduced a loyalty system that is largely based ultimately on spend over the last 5 years. I know it gives the same points for season tickets regardless of price but it’s still largely about how much you have given the club in terms of income. If that’s the case my loyalty should be rewarded

I moved to the North East ten years ago. I'll ask the wife if she'll up sticks the kids so I can have a shorter trip to the games eh?

I never gave up my season ticket, including going to games at Ibrox down the lower leagues when other chose to not turn up... Doesnt mean anything to the club, but how many folks, like me kept my ticket for all those years and had alot of miles to travel when others couldnt even be bothered going to games that were a short bus or subway away.

given that it's such a hardship, maybe the club could be more dynamic and allocate you some away tickets for ross county and leave the central belt stuff to others?

People seem to be making the mistake of taking some random ticket office worker's word as gospel regarding 500 tickets. Ticket office workers regularly says things that aren't 100% accurate.

Domestic away games if your equivalent of our gold your sorted for most the games , their Hampden games are a ballot amongst the home cup ticket scheme , they’ve no friends and family though so a kid could come out the ballot , the parent doesn’t , the kid can’t then go coz they must be accompanied with an adult and obviously may be too young to go alone

Last edited:
Domestic away games if your our equivalent of our gold your sorted for most the games , their Hampden games are a ballot amongst the home cup ticket scheme , they’ve no friends and family though so a kid could come out the ballot , the parent doesn’t , the kid can’t then go coz they must be accompanied with an adult and obviously may be too young to go alone
Their away scheme means the guys at the top get Ibrox. Our fans would have a fit if away games were top down

Their away scheme means the guys at the top get Ibrox. Our fans would have a fit if away games were top down
Aye yer right mate , they’re hampden distribution is mad due to no friends and family option , lad at work , 2 out the 4 of them got , we get that right at least I suppose providing all on similar points

A lot of their fans don’t like it. Same faces at all the big games
Yet they’ve complained for years since Gerrard came in/Ibrox allocation cut and it’s not changed. That’s because they don’t have a membership scheme designed to rinse their fans

Top down for all aways wouldn’t work in mygers but for Parkhead it arguably should be top down. They’ve rewarded fans who went when Deila was manager. Rangers aren’t rewarding the ones that went since Warburton/Pedro was manager (I’d like them to go further but we can’t due to the 2014/15 boycott)

Back