Lewis Ferguson at Bologna

He’s not coming here anytime soon. He has been touted by a switch to Juventus or one of the two big Milan teams this summer. Out chance was last summer and we never executed.

AC and Juventus both being tipped with a £8m move. He will most likely be loaned back or to another club before he gets a chance, if he even gets one.

Still astonishes me the number of posters arguing against me and a few others saying for £3m Ferguson was a no brainer for us.

Especially when paying more for rabbi fucking matondo and Ridvan.

Crass ignorance and stupidity.
It wouldn't have been £3m for us though

Everybody that had any connection with Hamilton Accies told us Greg Docherty had showed more all through their development than Ferguson had. Docherty was the better player, we signed him how did it work out ?

I would've have liked to sign him, but there's no chance Aberdeen would've sold him to us for a reasonable price. I've been listening to Dominant on H&H and it seems things were the same back in the 80s, so Souness looked elsewhere to sign players.

Ok, you keep being angry.

you keep believing in Santa and the tooth fairy

Remember it was Hickie

Milan are signing everyone, where did Hickie go ? Milan, Napoli, Arsenal, Newcastle, naw Brentford.

Remember it was Hickie

Milan are signing everyone, where did Hickie go ? Milan, Napoli, Arsenal, Newcastle, naw Brentford.
To be fair to hickey he is raking in £30k per week so I assume Brentford were offering most money. And they’re not doing too bad Brentford. Ferguson should be playing for rangers.

You stay angry

Remember it was Hickie

That'll be Brentford who are doing well enough in the EPL.

Its not like he ended up in some backwater shitehole.

Boring post.

Very refreshing to see a young Scot making good in one of Europe’s elite leagues. Hopefully he kicks on.

Good luck to the lad.
Didn’t say that, champ.

More that we’re just going to have to accept some home grown players will pass us by.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that those players are spectacular or that we’ve blown it by not signing them - just that occasionally that’s the way the wind blows.

That'll be Brentford who are doing well enough in the EPL.

It’s not like he ended up in some backwater shitehole.

No one is disputing that, Is he playing for the Serie A leaders, the EFL leaders the team 4th in Italy or 5th in the Premiership like he was supposed to ?

I had no opinion on us signing him but I didn’t see him as a standout anytime we played them. Is he even a regular for the national team ?

Bullseye, it’s the continental style of football that’s accelerating his improvement

I wasn't against signing him, but for the 5 or so million they'd want from Rangers (I know what they sold him for but we weren't getting him for it) he wouldn't have justified the price tag.

A Scottish player going to Europe changes everything about what they are as a player.

How did they not sign Ferguson straight from Aberdeen if they were wanting him ?

Its like the same articles I read McGinn was going from Aston Villa to Man Utd for £50million after a dozen games.

Its not really rocket science - They see how he adapts to their culture but at a lesser club and if he shows he can cut it, they bid for him.

Even if he was a dynamite player and available for a good fee I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Ibrox on account of his father and uncle.

No one saying he is a genius. But if he’s good enough for juve or ac milan, he is most certainly good enough for us.

We should’ve gambled. Would’ve been a much better investment than matondo

If you had put a poll on here last summer that asked "Who should we spend $2m+ on, Matondo or Ferguson?" Matondo would have got 80 or 90%.

And if Ferguson had been playing in Germany and Matondo for Aberdeen, it would have been 80 or 90% the other way.

To be honest, it's probably Italy that's improved him.

If he'd went from Sheep to us, we'd not be seeing this version of him.
Under Gio I'd agree, but he's actually a pretty good player and I think under Beale or Gerrard before we could have improved his game.

His uncle, one of the greatest midfielders of Rangers? Captain at 22, won everything at domestic level, (treble) played champs league, played UEFA cup final
What has any of that got to do with his gig writing shite about Rangers for scum loving newspapers?

I doubt anyone would ever attempt to downplay how good Ferguson was as a player and what he achieved here. But the less said about everything that came after, the better.

Back