Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager does not have the brains to beat the two above us. Same crap every big game we play some nice football but cannot convert chances or defend leads. Like Groundhog day.

The finishing in front of goal was somehow far worse than the main team. Truly horrendous and the keeper had an absolute shocker with the late equaliser.

Caught last 20 mins and our goalie is a weak point, the young lassie mcleary really should have made the effort to score.

Stuttered going forward and couldn't pass a fuukin baw properly.

How would you no ?

I was scanning channels and I watched the last two mins where the standard was atrocious.

I am absolutely 100% for rangers and football in general to be giving woman the opportunity to play football, I think it’s great but the woman’s game is being pushed and forged into the main stream when the reality is that if left naturally very few people would watch it. Give it a few years and the wsl teams will be getting more money in tv money than rangers

Manager does not have the brains to beat the two above us. Same crap every big game we play some nice football but cannot convert chances or defend leads. Like Groundhog day.
Yep.

Malky needs to be thanked and moved on at the end of the season. It’s lazy, and easy to say with hindsight but Shelley Kerr should have been spoken to before she became unattainable.

In my view…if we’re investing in the women’s game we ought to get the best women’s managers that the budget will allow.

Not hapless men who get the job because they can’t cut it in the men’s game.

That’s embarrassing.

Many many advocates of the women’s game here and that’s fine.

But from what I have seen from our goalkeeper….I could easily find a more competent keeper down the local park.

If we’re going to make the investment we are…let’s get it right. This pish is pointless.
Their goal wasn't just down to the keeper.

Admittedly she played her part, but they've punted a ball from just outside their own box and we've defended it dreadfully before it's even reached our goal.

P.S. I don't know his name, but the scenes at the end don't reflect well on us, regardless if the Celtic coach was being a prick.

First woman's game I've watched and enjoyed it,I was actually impressed with the keeper untill her error,

Their goal wasn't just down to the keeper.

Admittedly she played her part, but they've punted a ball from just outside their own box and we've defended it dreadfully before it's even reached our goal.

P.S. I don't know his name, but the scenes at the end don't reflect well on us, regardless if the Celtic coach was being a prick.

Clearly it was a comedy of errors but a competent goalkeeper still deals with that. Come on. Even if tonight was the first time you’d ever watched the women’s team…you’d safely conclude our goalkeeper is pretty poor.

Rangers coach what an embarrassment there btw

Mad Hagi. Think he’ll be first to go after that there.

See with Malky Thompson for me he’s more suited to the under 18s/B Team. I have my own thoughts as to why he’s been papped to the women’s team but he’d be better elsewhere.

Enjoyed the game despite the terrible ending.

The arrival of the “worse standard than my son’s under 7 team” mob into the thread predictable, but still a pain in the arse.

Good night to the regulars, always good to know plenty Rangers supporters aren’t still living in 1974.
Bang on sadly

That must have changed this season as previously we had more than the rest of the league combined.
Celtic have been firing money at it since turning pro, and James Anderson pumped some cash into City the last year or two, their foreign signings aren’t sustainable otherwise.

The cavemen are out in force tonight on here sadly, the women's game cannot be compared to the men's game on any levels and anyone who does so needs their heads looking at, I get the staunch lets slag off the women's game as it make you a "real man" amongst your fellow Dinosaurs
So you were happy with that performance?
Just because they are women doesn't mean they shouldn't be criticised for making an arse of it. That isn't a dinosaur talking, that's someone who's all for equality. Men play pish, get criticised. Women play pish, get criticised.

Enjoyed the game despite the terrible ending.

The arrival of the “worse standard than my son’s under 7 team” mob into the thread predictable, but still a pain in the arse.

Good night to the regulars, always good to know plenty Rangers supporters aren’t still living in 1974.

You want to be reasoned and balanced here.

If the game a week on Saturday ends like that I don’t think you’re sitting there saying “enjoyed the game” etc.

If you’re striving for some sort of equality then let your emotions treat the game the same.

Malky’s interview the same as every Malky interview.

Celtic manager says they’re still going for the league, Malky says we’re playing for second.

So…this is the future ?
If you could watch more than grainy footage of the 1920s, never mind the 1870s you'd see how shite people were back then compared to now. The women's game is in its infancy here and they're about a century behind where men are now with increased funding and participation, increasingly disciplined tactics and better players will see them get better.

Mad Hagi. Think he’ll be first to go after that there.

See with Malky Thompson for me he’s more suited to the under 18s/B Team. I have my own thoughts as to why he’s been papped to the women’s team but he’d be better elsewhere.
The place needs a clear out instead of recycling the same old same old. It’s in a bad state youth all the way through.

So you were happy with that performance?
Just because they are women doesn't mean they shouldn't be criticised for making an arse of it. That isn't a dinosaur talking, that's someone who's all for equality. Men play pish, get criticised. Women play pish, get criticised.
It seems that some folk think you shouldn't be allowed to criticise the woman's team at all.

The reaction is mild compared to the reaction of the men's team playing badly.

I expect the club will have known for a number of weeks now that changes were needed in the summer starting with the manager.

We are always going to struggle to attract any real talent into the league we play in with only a few full time teams but surely we can get someone that can coach and develop the players to a reasonable standard

Celtic have been firing money at it since turning pro, and James Anderson pumped some cash into City the last year or two, their foreign signings aren’t sustainable otherwise.
We went pro roughly same time and still had a massive budget compared to the poets. They may have caught up recently but we threw money at it compared to the rest.

I was scanning channels and I watched the last two mins where the standard was atrocious.

I am absolutely 100% for rangers and football in general to be giving woman the opportunity to play football, I think it’s great but the woman’s game is being pushed and forged into the main stream when the reality is that if left naturally very few people would watch it. Give it a few years and the wsl teams will be getting more money in tv money than rangers

So ye were eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back