Union Bears banner at stadium

Pardon? That’s a load of utter nonsense when you consider BF1 has actively supported the team on the pitch vocally since it’s inception in 2011/12

You can criticise them for whatever you wish but don’t try and pretend that fans in BF1 only support the club when the going is good. If you want to go down that route, look at fans who jumped on the bandwagon when we got back to the top league
12 years ago most of them were in primary school.

You're intentionally crossing the wires.

You think all this is due to results, others are arguing it's not and have listed the points.

Disagree with those points all you want but don't tell people they're being somehow dishonest about why they're unhappy.

No, I'm not crossing any wires.

I dont think people would be protesting if we were regularly winning trophies.

We are not regularly winning trophies, in the main, because celtic have more money than us.

I don't see how changing these 2 roles see us overtake celtic financially like a magic wand could, and we will still fail to win trophies regularly until we are on an even financial footing for a consistent period of time.

Still nobody has answered how long new people would get in their role to fix things, as if they say longer than a season it makes the protest redundant, yet they know they would need to be given longer than next season.

I'm not getting involved in all this infighting, but all this are we happy to be 2nd best is nonsense.

We've been 2nd best and worse many times. The sooner people accept that no team is entitled to trophies the better. Unfortunately money spent on football these days is everything. It wasn't always like this and scotland done very well in european football, before the real big money took over. We lorded it over the rest when we started spending big, now we're not in that position any more. Maybe we wouldn't have got into the mess we have been in and still not recovered from, if people took notice of the lads who warned we were heading for trouble financially. Problem was we were still winning trophies, so nobody was interested in putting the brakes on the crazy money we were throwing around.

Fully agree with this. Still can’t believe people think Robertson and Wilson own Rangers lol and that by wanting them out you want the club sold to mystery folks.

Wilson is a failure.

Robertson has been here for 8 years and whilst there has been definite operational progress, we still lack the cutting edge and professionalism that Rangers deserves. It’s time for change.
Where are you getting this nonsense?

The Wilson stuff kind of annoys me honestly. Don't know why people have the expectation that you can just sack your DoF at the drop of a hat and expect everything to go smoothly.

He's currently gearing up with Beale - who by all accounts he has a good working relationship with - for one of the most important windows in recent memory.

We sack him now and who do we have at the helm for that? God help us if its up to any of the non footballing brains running the club to fire into negotiations with the likes of Bayern Munich over the Tillman deal etc - these are the guys who appointed Pedro.

People honestly don't have a clue about Ross Wilson's role at Rangers and it annoys me that guys are so adamant that sacking him right now is the best way forward for our football club. What authority could any supporter possibly have to state that so confidently?

It seems some are just not interested in what Ross Wilson’s role actually is. And the “protestors” appear to be completely ignoring MB’s comments from last week. Or will they be adding Beale to their sacking list too?

Michael Beal - “I’ve always worked well with Ross. He came in when I was previously at the club and he was influential in bringing me back. We work fantastically well together every day. He’s a 24/7 football person, similar to myself, so we have the same energy.”

“We’re off working and looking at players. The two of us control the atmosphere in the training ground. We’re the two main figures there.”

“I think the work going on behind the scenes towards next season is exciting. It can’t all be revealed now. But I hope we can make sure we’re together moving forward. Ross’s sole job isn’t recruitment, it’s a number of people.”

But they aren't leading protests.

They are on platforms that is literally listened to and/or seen by thousands of our fans. The message has been clear that several aspects of the club is sub-standard and that it's not been good enough . That in itself is a 'protest' is it not? But because it isn't in the way you want you are being arsey towards them and refer to them as a 'clique'? Which is pretty much your gripe with some fans attitude towards the UB. Really don't understand the clamour to put the boot into fan media on here tbh.

What is it you are doing about it out of interest?

Last edited:
I can recall all sorts of stuff around that time, mainly from the old forum or seeing guys handing out leaflets and getting into arguments.

Unfortunately, there is a sizeable amount of folk in our support who view any sort of criticism or promoting an alternative, even when it is done with the hope of making Rangers stronger, as an out and out attack on Rangers.

There are also some tubes who would to this day start an argument if you had mouthed David Murray.
If Murray announced tomorrow he was coming back,some in our fan base would be over the moon.not saying it would be a majority but we all know some still won’t hear a word said against Murray.

I've never met either Robertson or Wilson and I've no idea what their actual remit is nor the resources they are given to undertake it. Are they failing? I can't say that with certainty, can you? The Club is, gradually, getting back on its feet so it would appear Robertson is doing OK. I accept he's not the most 'dynamic' of personalities though. On the signings side, we've had some howlers. Undoubtedly. Is that entirely down to Wilson though? There will be others who form part of the signing discussions, including the Manager. I get that he's in charge but we've no idea how those discussions went. Did GvB insist on Matondo etc? I have no idea.

Toddler tantrums, which is what this is, won't drive either out of their jobs. Indeed, were I in a position in charge of them and I saw this sort of stuff I think I'd be more inclined to back my employee rather than sack them. I wouldn't be inclined to give in to the 'mob'. Then again, I'm kinda stubborn that way.

Great post.

UBs create a great atmosphere but should leave this stuff alone.

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.
Agreed 100%

It’s becoming boring, particularly when new body has a clue on an alternative (and before the UB fanboys appear saying “it’s not our place to have an alternative”) if anyone thinks there should be change at least have one.

Pardon? That’s a load of utter nonsense when you consider BF1 has actively supported the team on the pitch vocally since it’s inception in 2011/12

You can criticise them for whatever you wish but don’t try and pretend that fans in BF1 only support the club when the going is good. If you want to go down that route, look at fans who jumped on the bandwagon when we got back to the top league
Mate, the reality is very few of them could tell you a single thing about the game they are there to watch after it’s finished.

For these guys going to the football is he-haw about the actual football it’s about getting bongoed

Mate, the reality is very few of them could tell you a single thing about the game they are there to watch after it’s finished.

For these guys going to the football is he-haw about the actual football it’s about getting bongoed
Absolute bullshit. Does that apply to fans that turn up and leave after 10/15min because they want to go to the pub?

These guys stay the full game and back the team

Can't decide which group is worse Club1872 or UB?

Thank god we are not majority owned by a supporters group

We are unbeaten in the league since November and Wilson signed 2 cracking players in Cantwell and Raskin

What's the fucking problem?
We have regressed since winning 55
we are 9 points behind
we have lost a cup final and only one more realistic chance at a trophy this season
for too long now, we can’t win the games that matter
thats the fuckin problem.

Ineptitude in the opinion of who? Certainly not me.
We’re in a worse state than I thought if people think 1 domestic cup and 1 league is an acceptable return since we’ve got back to the top league

Second biggest budget in the country by far since 2018/19 season. In that time, Celtic haven’t won every domestic cup and have only beaten us twice in domestic cup competition so we’ve been embarrassed by diddy teams

Ok since you know the facts you’ll be able to tell us how many members they’ve got then. I’ll wager that you don’t actually know though
Teenage (and early 20s) which is the point made no?

numbers are straightforward, whatever bf1 holds

If this protest was coming from any other section of the stadium other than BF1 would fans attract the same criticism?

Just try and put the UB thing to one side for once.

We are firmly 2nd best, we have been for a while and if anything we have regressed further over this season.

That sits with the football operation, led by Robertson, Wilson has been given money, Gio was a disaster, we do need change, no doubt about it and we can do a lot better than Robertson and Wilson.

See if you go back to the original point, I was saying some members are in their 30s. I don’t know all their members but I sat in BF1 for a few seasons previously and some of their members were older than me. So no, that wasn’t the original point

I don’t dispute BF1 has a lot of teenagers/early 20s but not everyone in BF1 is a member of the UB. I don’t know how many members UB have but it’ll be a fraction of those that actually stand in BF1 like it was in previous years

See if you go back to the original point, I was saying some members are in their 30s. I don’t know all their members but I sat in BF1 for a few seasons previously and some of their members were older than me. So no, that wasn’t the original point

I don’t dispute BF1 has a lot of teenagers/early 20s but not everyone in BF1 is a member of the UB. I don’t know how many members UB have but it’ll be a fraction of those that actually stand in BF1 like it was in previous years
So the point remains, why are a tiny minority pandered to and given the widest of widest berths constantly?

I’ve sat in sw4 since it’s incarnation and stood pretty much where my seat is before that since starting going to Ibrox in the mid 80s as a 6 year old so have witnessed first hand what BF1 and it’s inhabitants have become. Enough said

So the point remains, why are a tiny minority pandered to and given the widest of widest berths constantly?

I’ve sat in sw4 since it’s incarnation and stood pretty much where my seat is before that since starting going to Ibrox in the mid 80s as a 6 year old so have witnessed first hand what BF1 and it’s inhabitants have become. Enough said
What point you making here? They’re a group of fans that don’t claim to speak for others. You’ve jumped in and got defensive when you’ve not actually got any idea what the original point was - posters were saying they were all wee boys, I was saying they have some members in their 30s

UB protesting is them speaking as a group. I must’ve missed where they’ve claimed to speak for the full support? There is, however, many fans that aren’t UB that support their protest such as the fans in Copland Rear who had the same banner up before the game

I can’t comment what goes on in BF1 as I haven’t been there since division 2 but I don’t claim to. Again, to stress, the original point was that they’re not all wee boys which is a fact

Dearie me. Some fans just love a drama, eh? Very short memories given all the club has been through.

See the whole "not so long ago we were playing [enter lower league club here]" attitude, it's exactly the sort of defeatist tripe that the board want the paying fans to swallow.

It's not a valid argument anymore.

2012 has got %^*& all to do with where we are now.

It's a result of wasting millions upon millions of pounds on players who haven't been good enough.

Its a result of getting into kit manufacturing deals that the board knew were in breach of an existing deal and ending up in court for the umpteenth time costing more millions.

Its a result of sitting back on our arses from a position of power after 55 because the board thought that because that title mattered so much that it was *all* that mattered.

There is so much water under the bridge since the days of Spivs that anyone who is still thinking on it is either completely ignorant to the failures of men on the board - who BTW measure their salaries in fractions on the million - or are willing to be what those men have turned us into - second best.

So did they did have any banners today? I was watching on RTV and missed the first ten minutes.

What point you making here? They’re a group of fans that don’t claim to speak for others. You’ve jumped in and got defensive when you’ve not actually got any idea what the original point was - posters were saying they were all wee boys, I was saying they have some members in their 30s

UB protesting is them speaking as a group. I must’ve missed where they’ve claimed to speak for the full support? There is, however, many fans that aren’t UB that support their protest such as the fans in Copland Rear who had the same banner up before the game

I can’t comment what goes on in BF1 as I haven’t been there since division 2 but I don’t claim to. Again, to stress, the original point was that they’re not all wee boys which is a fact
The original point by another poster was that most were still in school prior to 2012, which is valid and I suggest correct

Maybe you were too, who knows but that point the poster made is correct

The original point by another poster was that most were still in school prior to 2012, which is valid and I suggest correct

Maybe you were too, who knows but that point the poster made is correct
I wasn’t in school, no. Anyway we’re going round the houses here. Some of the UB members are in their 30s as much as people want to paint them all as wee guys

I don’t dispute they have a younger crowd that stand in BF1 and are around the group but that doesn’t make them members. Not everyone in BF1 is a member of UB.

If the 'boycott' against Raith was anything to go by, I'd reckon it's only about a quarter/one third of BF1 that are UB.

Back