Ryan Kent- has to stay

My issue with the likes of Morelos and Kent is that if they want to stay we'd be happy enough to carry on with them.
I think we will also stick to the same defence when push comes to shove.

So question is, what is it the manager wants to change about the team?
Goalkeeper change is a given but where are the 4 or 5 players he brings in all starting.

I’ve flip flopped on this so many times. He has excellent skill, is rarely unavailable, great work rate, miles better than his “competition”, has given us great moments and is a play instigator so many times.

However, he also has terrible numbers, has regressed badly and just doesn’t justify the wage we’d need to find to keep him. It’s time to say thanks but that it done.

If he is given a new contract we might aswell write off next season already.

He has turned into an absolutely fraud over the last year.

What we badly need in attack he doesn't have it's as simple as that he doesn't create enough he doesn't score goals he is so predictable and now he regularly puts in half arsed performances.

He has to go in the summer.

Last edited:
I think we’ve persevered with him long enough and he’s delivered very little. He has the ability to do good things sporadically but then follows that up by overplaying or over running his good work. His stats are pathetic ! Let him go, he doesn’t make enough of a difference in big games for me. Not enough goals or assists, his stats speak for themselves ie terrible!

Has more in his skill set than Jota but can't finish Jota can, I don't know if he's got an eye on a future move but he's no where near the levels he was when he joined.

I think we’ve persevered with him long enough and he’s delivered very little. He has the ability to do good things sporadically but then follows that up by overplaying or over running his good work. His stats are pathetic ! Let him go, he doesn’t make enough of a difference in big games for me. Not enough goals or assists, his stats speak for themselves ie terrible!
His blatant and deliberate failure to make runs into the back post or take on players 1v1 in and around the box is infuriating likewise not taking shots in good positions.

Beale has a blind spot for him and it's a massive concern.

Penny might be dropping for a few, I always have a look at the MOM survey on the match thread and have a wee chuckle at the 4 or 5 hard core votes he gets every game, none today!

So far :)

He has all the attributes to be a top player but just doesnt have it in him to put them all together consistently in the games that matter most to us domestically.

We'd be mad to think next year, or the next few years, would be any different

If you've previously argued we shouldn't sign Tillman then you should argue Kent should go. Previous seasons been worth the money. Done nothing this season. Time to move on. No end product. Shouldn't even be starting.

Have previously held the same opinion as you OP but LC final and today has finally wiped my understanding and patience. We're getting beat in all comps, we cant do any worse we might as well try sonething different.

Can you imagine if we spend £7m on a player this Summer and next season he contributes what Kent has this season? Someone I think would put a bounty on Ross Wilson’s head.

Why on earth are people still trying to justify the keeping of Ryan Kent? He's an absolute abomination of a player for that value and level of wage.

I’ve been a big defender of him but he was abysmal today and I’ve probably crossed the rubicon in terms of defending him missing too often.
Too many at the club now too frequently contributing too little. 4 or 5 of the ‘old guard’ need shifted for a better mentality to take effect.
If the manager really wants to put is stamp on the team most of the squad need to go. Maybe it’s time to starting players other players to assess if they are up for the fight.

Can you imagine if we spend £7m on a player this Summer and next season he contributes what Kent has this season? Someone I think would put a bounty on Ross Wilson’s head.

Why on earth are people still trying to justify the keeping of Ryan Kent? He's an absolute abomination of a player for that value and level of wage.
When you put it like that.

He’s been good for us but I think we need to get a playmaker with a better end product for goals. Depends if Beale thinks he can fit the bill for the future.

My issue with the likes of Morelos and Kent is that if they want to stay we'd be happy enough to carry on with them.
I think we will also stick to the same defence when push comes to shove.

So question is, what is it the manager wants to change about the team?
Goalkeeper change is a given but where are the 4 or 5 players he brings in all starting.

This is exactly why I didn't want Beale

He is going to be too loyal to a lot of these players there's no doubt in my mind he would have these players signed up on 4 year deals.

For me we need to change more than 4 or 5 we need to rip it up but we wont

At times brilliant in the past and those moments of magic justified carrying him in the off games,now we're getting next to nothing from him and not only should he dropped I wouldn't offer him any deal to stay.

Funny how Scott Wright always gets slaughtered and is told he’s not good enough by our support - which to be fair I agree with - lovely lad but not good enough for us.

check this stat out

Scott Wright has 7 goals in 2728 minutes in the last 2 seasons

Kent has 6 goals in 7504 minutes in the last 2 seasons.

That’s a goal every 389 minutes for Wright and a goal every 1251 for Kent.

Kent’s been getting a lot more space and time on the ball since Cantwell and Tillman joined the squad. Previously it was hard for him as he was one of our main threats and he was told to stay out wide but under Beale he gets free rein when on the ball. Yet his stats still aren’t improving

Time for him to go and we try and get better in.

Time is up. Time to move on. Does not affect the game enough in the final third and his decision making is absolutely dreadful.

Got to go if we're being honest.

We can't be giving him an extension on big wages for a return of what? 5 goals a season or something poor like that.

A little bit of scouting you could bring in someone on half his wages and could outscore him with ease.

I don't get how mccoist keeps saying he has "all the talent in the world" if he has he's been hiding it for a while now
He really doesn't have as much talent as he's been hyped up to have.

He's had decent wee spells/flashes, but it's been shown time and again that when a team figures him out, his running and dribbling is pretty impotent. All fur coat and nae knickers.

I'll be more than a little disappointed if he is extended come the summer.

My fear is that the club want to keep him and he is biding his time for better offers, which I don't think he'll get. If he was even close to as talented as many proclaim, he would've been snapped up by now.

Like Morelos, there's been a distinct lack of interest shown by other clubs that presents the reality of how good they actually are.

Looked every inch like a player who knows he’s moving on. He can be very good on his day but alas he doesn’t have enough of them. Hasn’t been the case for two seasons. Did his bit on the way to Seville but that was a year ago.

Has he repaid the fee? I would say yes, but has he proved to be good value for money given that he will leave as a free agent? Highly debatable. Would no doubt be an affirmative if we had received a healthy fee.

Contracts management. There’s that phrase again.

Back