Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how many times I have repeated this same sentence but I find it utterly bizzare that Rangers fans come onto a Rangers forum to jump the the defence of their rivals and talk about how good they think they are. It is sickening. If I want to read positive opinions about them I would go on just about any other online forum in Scotland. Can we no make this a place free from having to read people fawning over them?

I dont know how many times I have repeated this same sentence but I find it utterly bizzare that Rangers fans come onto a Rangers forum to jump the the defence of their rivals and talk about how good they think they are. It is sickening. If I want to read positive opinions about them I would go on just about any other online forum in Scotland. Can we no make this a place free from having to read people fawning over them?
I don't know about you, but I prefer my football discussions to be based in realism.

Celtic have been a better team than us this season. This is a fact. It's an annoying one and many of us feel it's one we could have done more to change, but nevertheless it's true.

Would you prefer we just pretended we were the bestest and everything was 10/10 all the time?

His record in Europe is shit. Same as all his predecessors in the last 20 years. But that won’t matter to Spurs - they want domestic success. They’ll see a manager who wins domestically.

Domestic in Scotland isn’t really comparable, that’s why European performances are relevant - it’s an indicator of how he adapts to playing against better quality teams.

Managers without domestic honours are regularly appointed in the EPL.

I’ve no idea if spurs have a genuine interest, or if Postecoglou would be open to a move this summer but I’ll be honest, he has (unfortunately) done a good job at them.

They were an absolute shambles prior to his arrival, failed to win something that was the be all and end all, something they’d already celebrated for years. Their fans were demented, their CEO had to kid on he left to get them to buy season tickets. They had a clutch of players that wanted out because they’d been promised an exit before. And no infrastructure to scout players by all accounts.

He only got the job because someone else strung them along then ditched them. They have been a shower of lucky b@stards with his appt and the recruitment since.

His success has been a huge reason we have seemed so bad for all our poor decisions in the last couple of years we probably get away with it if lennon or someone like him is in charge.

I think he’s a good manager but not sure how well his style would work in such a competitive league. Could see him getting the sack before he has a chance to implement his style - what we should have ensured.

I’ve said this numerous times too, but if people can’t say anything bad about Celtc, then please don’t say anything at all.

I’m sure no one takes any pleasure in doing it but we should 100% be aware of our rivals strengths and weaknesses.

For years they refused to accept the progress we made under Gerrard, instead resorted to daft wee boy games like ‘can ye see The Rangers!’. They underestimated us and as a result appointed lennon, a manager that was no where near good enough to stop what Gerrard was building towards.

We shouldn’t be guilty of the same ignorance.

I’ve no idea if spurs have a genuine interest, or if Postecoglou would be open to a move this summer but I’ll be honest, he has (unfortunately) done a good job at them.

They were an absolute shambles prior to his arrival, failed to win something that was the be all and end all, something they’d already celebrated for years. Their fans were demented, their CEO had to kid on he left to get them to buy season tickets. They had a clutch of players that wanted out because they’d been promised an exit before. And no infrastructure to scout players by all accounts.

He only got the job because someone else strung them along then ditched them. They have been a shower of lucky b@stards with his appt and the recruitment since.

His success has been a huge reason we have seemed so bad for all our poor decisions in the last couple of years we probably get away with it if lennon or someone like him is in charge.

I think he’s a good manager but not sure how well his style would work in such a competitive league. Could see him getting the sack before he has a chance to implement his style - what we should have ensured.
2 things help:

£45m+ spent on players in 2 seasons

Referees terrified to make decision against them.

He’s got them playing good football, no doubt about it. He’d be an abject failure if he didn’t with the above 2 aspects in his favour. Would be delighted to see the back of him.

All that said, he’s been pretty fortunate in 2 of the OF league games this season. In Jan we ran out of gas when they really couldn’t get near us that second half at Ibrox. The last game at Parkhead, helps having Rangers goals disallowed for no reason.

I do think we’ll win the league next season, but I’ve had a few beers :D

He is a lucky bastard and a salty one at that

He had a blank canvas and the biggest budget. He didn't have the trouble of trying to offload uninterested players

His team has 1 tactic which works a treat in Scotland against a league where the standard is very low just now

I hope he stays, his team has plateued now, they are at the same position we were in with a first 11 and a weak squad. If they want kick on they will need to start forking out 10s and 15s of millions to get better than the likes of Kyogo and Jota

2 things help:

£45m+ spent on players in 2 seasons

Referees terrified to make decision against them.

He’s got them playing good football, no doubt about it. He’d be an abject failure if he didn’t with the above 2 aspects in his favour. Would be delighted to see the back of him.

All that said, he’s been pretty fortunate in 2 of the OF league games this season. In Jan we ran out of gas when they really couldn’t get near us that second half at Ibrox. The last game at Parkhead, helps having Rangers goals disallowed for no reason.

I do think we’ll win the league next season, but I’ve had a few beers :D

Beale, and January recruitment give us genuine cause for optimism for next season. I’d still have them as slight favourites unfortunately because they have less change required.

If postecoglou goes then it’s a massive boost for us and give them more work than us to do.

Beale, and January recruitment give us genuine cause for optimism for next season. I’d still have them as slight favourites unfortunately because they have less change required.

If postecoglou goes then it’s a massive boost for us and give them more work than us to do.

Even if not to spurs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he left them for elsewhere

I can’t believe this is still being talked about.

Tottenham Hotspur will NOT be offering fat Angelo the job.Madness to even think they will.

Im astonished so many seem to think it’s remotely possible
He had a very slim chance if he had done something in europe, but he did fook all
Winning a shite league with the biggest budget does not make a EPL manager

No way they want him,people are trying to make him sound a better coach than he actually is.Spurs are pish,they had a winner in Conte,and when he told them what was required and was honest with them,the booted him out.,they can’t afford to take a gamble,which fat Ange would be,he’s no near top level Epl level.

I think the reason Josef Fritzl was over this week for his meeting wasnt coincidence,the more i think about it Spurs have already made contact and they waiting till after the cup final to announce it,thats my take on it

I don't know about you, but I prefer my football discussions to be based in realism.

Celtic have been a better team than us this season. This is a fact. It's an annoying one and many of us feel it's one we could have done more to change, but nevertheless it's true.

Would you prefer we just pretended we were the bestest and everything was 10/10 all the time?
Not in Europe - we won 2 games they won none ..

Respected journalists as well as Romano are saying that they are interested in him but people on here know better. Whether he ends up getting it or not who knows, but they are clearly considering him

Tottenham Hotspur will NOT be offering fat Angelo the job.Madness to even think they will.

I’ve said that I’ll eat my trousers if he is appointed. But, and I can’t shake this off, he is the bookies favourite.

I want him to be leaving with his name as mud, not sliding away to a better job.

Respected journalists as well as Romano are saying that they are interested in him but people on here know better. Whether he ends up getting it or not who knows, but they are clearly considering him
Well done, nearly went a full page without someone posting this:D

Winning a shite league with the biggest budget does not make a EPL manager

It worked for Souness, Walter, Wibble and Rodgers though.

Biggest budgets help but you still need to spend it wisely. Otherwise Chelsea would've pissed the EPL by 30 points this season.

I will sit with my popcorn watching spurs in the first match if he gets the job. Tactics of running around really fast for 90 minutes won't work in the EPL as players will just play through it. Maybe he will surprise me if he gets it but can you imagine fat boys attitude when he is questioned after a couple of defeats. Also just seen their display today-the best you say about it is cute-i assume the club organised it rather than their supporters group as it looked 'so nice' with everyone holding up their little green bits-not exactly 'ultra'. When the union bears lit up the river it went right around the world this definately won't.

It worked for Souness, Walter, Wibble and Rodgers though.

Biggest budgets help but you still need to spend it wisely. Otherwise Chelsea would've pissed the EPL by 30 points this season.
different fooball landscape back then, Rogers was always gonna get a job in the EPL anyway

Why will they have to go? They will further strengthen and be even stronger next season, we are playing catch up especially with the massive rebuild our squad needs
Because players lose their hunger - we've seen it with our own team, we also saw it at the end of Rodgers era/2nd Lennon spell.

If you don't refresh and accept the squad is at the ends of it's cycle, you start going through the motions and stagnate.

Spurs have Ryan Mason as a semi permenant interim manager, had Harry Redknapp who’d managed sides like Portsmouth and Southampton, and Tim Sherwood who was a parody.

They managed to blag Jose and Conte through the few years of 4th placed finishes, but they’ll struggle to attract someone at that level again with Levy at the helm and his reputation. Jose absolutely hammered him in the media just the other day.

They also have a wild card appointment in them - Look at the disaster that was Nuno Santo, and he’s not even gone back into football since then.

AP, whether we like it or not, has high stock at the moment. Sky have reported he’s been on the Chelsea and now the spurs shortlist. He’s winning trophies and playing a decent enough brand of football. Spurs also have an Aussie as Levy’s right hand man, who’s worked at Melbourne and the city group, so the link is there.

The fact that Spurs have failed to get any of their other targets could see their hand forced. It’ll be a helluva lot easier to get AP out of Celtic than say De Zerbi from Brighton.

It’s remotely possible because although not common, big clubs in England have appointed Walter, McLeish, ONeill, Gerrard, Rodgers etc. Spurs are a big club because of their location and stadium, but in football terms they’re no bigger than a Villa or Everton. Arguably, the Villa job is bigger right now - they’re above them in the league and have their own stadium dev plans and ambitions. Gerrard would’ve been the one benefiting from that had results been better.

Last edited:
IPersonally, I'd be over the moon to see the back of him, but from the way he's talking about future plans, it looks like he's going nowhere, anytime soon.

I'd love to see him implode up here when we kick on next season, he must know he had it easy this season and now is a good time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back