Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see him implode up here when we kick on next season, he must know he had it easy this season and now is a good time to move on.
They take the bins out against the sides they need to, so I can’t see an implosion on the horizon.

If he stayed, it would be a very hard fought title for us to win. There’s zero evidence to show that we would romp it, especially as none of us have a clue what 75% of our starting 11 even looks like for next season yet.

They take the bins out against the sides they need to, so I can’t see an implosion on the horizon.

If he stayed, it would be a very hard fought title for us to win. There’s zero evidence to show that we would romp it, especially as none of us have a clue what 75% of our starting 11 even looks like for next season yet.
He can't handle getting scrutinised on a single game loss. 1 loss to us at the start of the season will wobble him.

1 loss to us at the start of the season will wobble him.

Literally!

jello-jiggle.gif

When you say he can’t handle it, what does that mean? He’s lost plenty of games in his 2 seasons and he’s still winning trophies, so your point doesn’t stand up.
How do you know it doesn't stand up ? Have we ever beaten them at the start of the season yet? So your argument doesn't stand up either!

How do you know it doesn't stand up ? Have we ever beaten them at the start of the season yet? So your argument doesn't stand up either!
He’s been here 2 seasons, and yes, we beat them at the start of the first season incase you forgot.

He recovered just fine from that to overturn a 6 point deficit and win the league by 4 points.

Is that my argument standing up any more for you?

Jesus.

I actually agree with you and there's history of him having meltdowns in the media over trivial things elsewhere. However, the Helander game was his first OF from memory and he lost that. Soon after they went unbeaten for a long spell. He's a good manager but I genuinely believe Beale is better and the cracks might start to show more next season if he's still here.

With a strong Beale team I meant .
We don’t even know we’ll have a strong Beale team yet. This is complete fortune teller stuff. You’ve got us having them wobbled by a side yet to be assembled, led by a manager who lost a cup final and semi final to them this season, while they have an established settled squad and will no doubt strengthen.

We need to be optimistic but realistic for next season. Blinding claiming their manager would be rattled with 1 defeat when we’ve done exactly that to him already and it didn’t cause them to collapse.

We don’t even know we’ll have a strong Beale team yet. This is complete fortune teller stuff. You’ve got us having them wobbled by a side yet to be assembled, led by a manager who lost a cup final and semi final to them this season, while they have an established settled squad and will no doubt strengthen.

We need to be optimistic but realistic for next season. Blinding claiming their manager would be rattled with 1 defeat when we’ve done exactly that to him already and it didn’t cause them to collapse.
Glass half empty type I take it B-)

It's not just 1 defeat tho. We got our act together using a team that was already on the plane out of here. We gave them a few wins because of stupid errors, not great play from them .

It's not just 1 defeat tho. We got our act together using a team that was already on the plane out of here. We gave them a few wins because of stupid errors, not great play from them .
We got our act together? Are you having a laugh? We won a game after 3 trophies were gone mate. It was nice to win, but getting our act together would’ve been winning one or both of the games at hampden when it mattered.

Winners find ways to win, and losers find ways to lose. You don’t luckily win 5 out of 6 domestic trophies. They knew that we make mistakes in both boxes and they just needed to score 1 in the semi to win.

The fact is, if AP is still here come next season, then he is good at setting a team up to win one off cup ties, and has them consistently achieving high points totals. That’s the objective for us to overcome, but it’s ridiculous to suggest 1 game is going to swing everything in our favour.

It's Scotland, it's not as though we're up against Man City or Arsenal. Sort ourselves out for four games a season and we win the league, which we will do next season.
It’s not old firm games that cost us.

We’ve dropped points to Hibs, Livi, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hearts outside of Celtic this season.

If we’d won 2 more of those games, we’d have been right on their tails.

We got our act together? Are you having a laugh? We won a game after 3 trophies were gone mate. It was nice to win, but getting our act together would’ve been winning one or both of the games at hampden when it mattered.

Winners find ways to win, and losers find ways to lose. You don’t luckily win 5 out of 6 domestic trophies. They knew that we make mistakes in both boxes and they just needed to score 1 in the semi to win.

The fact is, if AP is still here come next season, then he is good at setting a team up to win one off cup ties, and has them consistently achieving high points totals. That’s the objective for us to overcome, but it’s ridiculous to suggest 1 game is going to swing everything in our favour.
Was nothing to do with the tactics all along so yeah they did get their act together in of games. Was stupid mistakes and ref decisions that cost us in every game after his 1st one back. They don't need to get lucky in any game either when they know the ref has forgot his cards that day.

It's been pretty slim margins since Beale came in almost every goal they've scored against us in the second half of the season was a defensive mistake from us rather than great play from them. A better goalkeeper and quality CB in our side and I think we win at least two of the three against them in the league.

In the cups if Sakala hadn't missed two identical sitters who knows what might have happened there?

I'd agree that fat Ange wouldn't be rattled after a single defeat but if we're going into the final stages of the season neck and neck with him I think he'd crack. This is a guy who really isn't all that confident in himself despite the bravdo he puts on.

Look at any of his after game interviews he's always looking down at his feet or off to the side and never looks people in the eye.

Was nothing to do with the tactics all along so yeah they did get their act together in of games. Was stupid mistakes and ref decisions that cost us in every game after his 1st one back.
If you’re gifting goals and not taking changes, that’s not getting your act together.

It's been pretty slim margins since Beale came in almost every goal they've scored against us in the second half of the season was a defensive mistake from us rather than great play from them. A better goalkeeper and quality CB in our side and I think we win at least two of the three against them in the league.

In the cups if Sakala hadn't missed two identical sitters who knows what might have happened there?

I'd agree that fat Ange wouldn't be rattled after a single defeat but if we're going into the final stages of the season neck and neck with him I think he'd crack. This is a guy who really isn't all that confident in himself despite the bravdo he puts on.

Look at any of his after game interviews he's always looking down at his feet or off to the side and never looks people in the eye.
It was slim margins for about 4 years under Walter in the mid-late 90’s. The fact that none of those games went our way tells me that we couldn’t get the basics right. A side gifting goals left right and centre, incapable of completing back passes and leaving the ball loose for them to score doesn’t have its act together. We had a decent enough shape and organisation, but that was it. Celtic knew we had a mistake in us and didn’t have enough quality to hurt them at the other end.

I tend not to judge how managers interview, it’s results that matter, not how they come across on camera.

If we’re up there putting the pressure on at the end of the season then fantastic, but we’re a million miles away from that yet. We don’t even have a goalkeeper or a striker, so we have no clue on what to base this confidence on.

It is compared to the pumpings at the start of the season
So we are just less shit, but still losing the games. And it’s on this basis you think they’ll collapse like a house of cards if we beat them once next season?

You’re the most optimistic Rangers fan I’ve come across

It’s not old firm games that cost us.

We’ve dropped points to Hibs, Livi, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hearts outside of Celtic this season.

If we’d won 2 more of those games, we’d have been right on their tails.

Or a win in January and a draw at Parkhead takes us above them.

Basically you need to have taken most points from the OF games. It’s those that decide it.

Or a win in January and a draw at Parkhead takes us above them.

Basically you need to have taken most points from the OF games. It’s those that decide it.
Look at their record vs the rest of the league and ours. Your plan relies on us taking the lions share of points from the old firm games just to edge ahead.

It was slim margins for about 4 years under Walter in the mid-late 90’s. The fact that none of those games went our way tells me that we couldn’t get the basics right. A side gifting goals left right and centre, incapable of completing back passes and leaving the ball loose for them to score doesn’t have its act together. We had a decent enough shape and organisation, but that was it. Celtic knew we had a mistake in us and didn’t have enough quality to hurt them at the other end.

I tend not to judge how managers interview, it’s results that matter, not how they come across on camera.

If we’re up there putting the pressure on at the end of the season then fantastic, but we’re a million miles away from that yet. We don’t even have a goalkeeper or a striker, so we have no clue on what to base this confidence on.

I think you have to put things in proper context when it comes to Beale Vs Flange.

Beale took over a side who's confidence was completely on the floor the problems we had were never going to be fixed in one window. Flange had an 18 month head start and spent £50m more.

A lot of the accusations made against Beale and the team this season could have probably been made against Gerrard at several points during his tenure but he eventually spanked them all over the place.

I don't think we're all that far behind them right now in all truthfulness. All it would take is one really bad window from them and a good one for us and it's level the summer 2020 window is proof of that.

I think you have to put things in proper context when it comes to Beale Vs Flange.

Beale took over a side who's confidence was completely on the floor the problems we had were never going to be fixed in one window. Flange had an 18 month head start and spent £50m more.

A lot of the accusations made against Beale and the team this season could have probably been made against Gerrard at several points during his tenure but he eventually spanked them all over the place.

I don't think we're all that far behind them right now in all truthfulness. All it would take is one really bad window from them and a good one for us and it's level the summer 2020 window is proof of that.
1 bad injury, they've been ( lucky ) so to speak. Ccv is out the team and they start dropping points . They played poor when the masked got injured as well .

Yes because that’s the reality. We’ve lost out in the last two seasons because we took only 4pts from the OF games.
Do you really think they’d only be 7 points clear if they didn’t wrap the title up months ago? They wouldn’t be losing at Hibs or drawing v St Mirren at home. This nonsense always comes up at the end of a season when they drop a few points, it lures people like you into thinking the gap is just a couple of close decisions in old firm games, when in reality, its how we approach every league game.

We are far more profligate than them against run of the mill sides - that’s a fact. They pick up more points against the other teams, score more and concede less.

They finished on 99 points, and it probably would’ve been 103-105 had then needed to get that. We need to do better in old firms I agree, but we especially need to take the bins out v Livi and St Johnstone. Firstly it’s easier to beat them, and 3 points is the same no matter who you pick it up against.

In the words of Graeme Souness, I’d accept 4 old firm defeats and a title win at the end of each season. There’s 102 points available to collect against the other 10 sides each season - we need to collect those and the old firms take care of themselves.

Really hope the big sweaty, can’t look folk in the eye, “listen mate” twat stays on. The enjoyment of watching the mendicants turn on him over a season will be class. No disrespect to Gio but the only titles he’s won were based on us having a management team that set us up to be feart of them, it’s different now, feels like we are back for a fight

1 bad injury, they've been ( lucky ) so to speak. Ccv is out the team and they start dropping points . They played poor when the masked got injured as well .

I certainly think the last several weeks have shown us that overall they don't have a particularly brilliant squad below the automatic first team players. They've got about a dozen or so bang average players around the first team squad who aren't anywhere near the level of players they'd be replacing.

As I said earlier in this thread take Kyogo out of the side and Fashion Sakala has scored more in the league than any of their players this season even the overhyped Jota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back