No-one cares about Manchester City?

Actually a good article and point. They don't get, and won't get the credit.

But it is a good and worthwhile discussion to see if they even should.

Man City are at the same time exceptional and unimpressive in their feats.

Modern football is plastic garbage. That's why no one cares.
If you don't enjoy the football Man City can play there is something wrong with you . I really cant get my head round what you want to see ? Muddy parks , comb overs , hard tackles and carried over the turnstiles type days I assume . All of which were great but give credit where it is due and watch how this team can play and have literally changed football to a certain extent under Pep . I had a wee crazy man in the pub next to me two weeks ago screaming at the telly coz at kick off they passed it straight to the goalie. What kind of shite negative football is that says wee man . 13 secs goal . :-D. The fitness and skill the modern plastic garbage teams you mention are at a level none of us have ever seen before. Tune in on Saturday as we may well talk about this team for years to come or if you wish watch a re-run of The Big Match on ITV4 from1973 .

No but some posters brought up other examples, like us when we were dominant , that's what I was responding to. Read back before you jump in two footed "ffs"
Aye, bringing up Rangers on a Rangers forum is perfectly normal, but why mention that lot when they're not even relevant to the topic?

I love these City bashing threads.. they are no different to any club with multi-billionaire owners. Be it from USA, Russia or China they all have filthy regimes.

Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool of recent times have all spent similar money to City or even more. The difference is City's spending has been more effective.

People mentioning the atmosphere on big European nights. Have you ever seen the atmosphere at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge on big European nights?

I hope they do it. They are fantastic to watch.

Before Souness we were a joke when it came to the league. His signings, and Murray's money a few years later, transformed the club completely.
Immediately before Souness, yes.

But the cream always rises to the top and with or without the Souness revolution we would have eventually won the league again.

And it was the bank’s money, not Sir Moonbeam’s.

Their real legends are Bell, Summerbee and Lee. Go and read up on them.
Nah you're alright, no interest in these small but artificially big money clubs who make a mockery of the rules of the game, because they have dodgy money behind them. It's everything that's wrong with Football.

I don’t really like Man City and it all comes from a visit to the Etihad a few years ago to see them play. It is all very plastic. All the flags and banners you see at Ibrox are fan made and organised. At Man City they buy banners and keep them in storage at the side of the pitch where we keep the training goals at Ibrox. For a big game they have workers whose job it is to unfurl the big bannners then collect before the game starts.

The team are obviously very good, there is. I denying that but they are a highly functional team. They pass, move and are positioned dactyl as they are coached too. I don’t see much personality or character.

Anybody who thinks Man City don't attract loads of casual/tourist fans is kidding themselves. They may well have a hardcore fanbase but I see regular posts on Facebook from friends who head to the Etihad on a whim to watch a league game or one of their big CL games who have no connection to the club and just fancy watching some a-list footballers. The ground is full of people with no interest in the club.
You obviously haven't been to the Etihad for a game. Like all top EPL clubs they have their so called tourist fans, just as Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal have but they have their fans who have been there in the days when they struggled and also when they were successful.
Good luck to them on Saturday, hope they bring the trophy to Manchester

I don’t really like Man City and it all comes from a visit to the Etihad a few years ago to see them play. It is all very plastic. All the flags and banners you see at Ibrox are fan made and organised. At Man City they buy banners and keep them in storage at the side of the pitch where we keep the training goals at Ibrox. For a big game they have workers whose job it is to unfurl the big bannners then collect before the game starts.

The team are obviously very good, there is. I denying that but they are a highly functional team. They pass, move and are positioned dactyl as they are coached too. I don’t see much personality or character.
This is how I picture it to be on the support front, said I’ll go with my mate who’s a season ticket holder next season to see for myself. Last weekend I was at LKS Lodz and then Polonia Warsaw, both did superb displays and everything was done by Ultras/Fan Groups who obviously aren’t paid, even having stalls in the ground selling stuff to raise cash for these displays and flags etc.. a totally different world to what happens at City and to be fair various Clubs in the public and social media eye.

Nah you're alright, no interest in these small but artificially big money clubs who make a mockery of the rules of the game, because they have dodgy money behind them. It's everything that's wrong with Football.
They were a top team in England when the three players I mentioned played for them. That was long before the money came along.

Is that not what football is all about? Do the hard yards on the training pitch and reap the rewards on the park?

I find it bizarre that Pep’s Barca side is regarded as one of the best sides of all time but the very same people will complain about this City side being boring to watch. Obviously they don’t have a Messi but I think they are the best side in the world to watch at present.

Is that not what football is all about? Do the hard yards on the training pitch and reap the rewards on the park?

I find it bizarre that Pep’s Barca side is regarded as one of the best sides of all time but the very same people will complain about this City side being boring to watch. Obviously they don’t have a Messi but I think they are the best side in the world to watch at present.
It’s only really this season they’ve became good to watch to a degree for me. Reminded me time and time again of Spain in South Africa for a long time, in that you just couldn’t get the ball off them - was a hard watch at times.

It’s only really this season they’ve became good to watch to a degree for me. Reminded me time and time again of Spain in South Africa for a long time, in that you just couldn’t get the ball off them - was a hard watch at times.
Even when they had Sane, Sterling and Aguero up front? They were electric to watch at times with those two wide with their pace I thought?

Even when they had Sane, Sterling and Aguero up front? They were electric to watch at times with those two wide with their pace I thought?
Yeah, it wasn’t a good watch too many times. I found Sane really poor personally and it often ended with Sterling having no idea where he was heading to.

Sterile, soulless team.

Bingo.

I like the manager but really don’t like the club or the City group.

Actually, they represent everything wrong with the game.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal - all big clubs.

Man City were a good club with a great core fanbase, now - they are just, as you say - soulless

We are going to need to agree to disagree then. :))
Probably were much better to watch back then than the few seasons prior to this one, few more characters as well. Just so robotic at times, their players really come across that way as well in interviews - I know they all have media training but Foden was really hard to watch being interviewed. To be fair to Grealish he is the total opposite on that front.

Yes it is but doesn’t mean because something is done to perfection that you need to enjoy it. Many people who are into coaching will thoroughly enjoy watching them because they will appreciate the hard work that’s been put into everything.

The Barca team was full of cult footballers and Messi was probably still who many people tuned into see. You were very rarely disappointed when you watched them. I’ve probably watched more poor Man City performances this season than I did over a 4 year period of watching Barca between 08-12.

The lack of passion from their fans is what I dont like about them, hate seeing in football moments when you should see absolute limbs in the stands and then you have man city fans gently clapping as if they've just won a friendly... They don't deserve how good their team is IMO plus the way in which they play by completely suffocating other teams with their sheer power and athetisism is very boring to watch.

That’s nonsense. Like any massively successful team you’re going to get tourists and glory hunters coming to games but the core of the support is massively passionate.

That’s nonsense. Like any massively successful team you’re going to get tourists and glory hunters coming to games but the core of the support is massively passionate.
I do believe they are passionate but they don’t come across as wild or anything on tv, to be fair many don’t in Britain full stop. Mate who is a season ticket holder is often trying to prove it is good there (said I’ll go next season) and after the Real match he sent me a video of the crowd singing Wonderwall, it seemed like a parody to me to be honest - kind of thing I’d have expected Soccer AM to do as a pisstake. Funny Club as back in the 90s I had some great days at Maine Road with a mate from school who used to go a bit and also as an away fan there, seems to be a split in the support deep down - often meet blokes who’ve dropped going (same with United and other Clubs high up in the pyramid) and now go non league for various reasons.

I can think of 115 reasons why that might be the case.
not allowed to mention that, Sky/BBC and BT will almost certainly just sit there going on about how they are the greatest team ever to play football without bothering about the elephant sitting there

going to be a bad night no matter what happens
Man City win - BT creaming themselves all night with Macca reaching orgasm throughout with his stupid high voice
Man City lose - complaining about refs, Macca screaming about how it's not fair with his high voice

I do believe they are passionate but they don’t come across as wild or anything on tv, to be fair many don’t in Britain full stop. Mate who is a season ticket holder is often trying to prove it is good there (said I’ll go next season) and after the Real match he sent me a video of the crowd singing Wonderwall, it seemed like a parody to me to be honest - kind of thing I’d have expected Soccer AM to do as a pisstake. Funny Club as back in the 90s I had some great days at Maine Road with a mate from school who used to go a bit and also as an away fan there, seems to be a split in the support deep down - often meet blokes who’ve dropped going (same with United and other Clubs high up in the pyramid) and now go non league for various reasons.
Ibrox is like a morgue unless we're playing Celtic or a big European game.

I agree with that, it's an issue at many Clubs in Britain now and has been for years. City get a lot of stick on this front when it is no different to anywhere else to me. Too many people have said it's a great set up outside and also inside on a match day now for there to be no truth in it on the facilities front however. Seem really well set up for families.

I’ve come to detest City and City Group, if they are allowed to carry on unchecked they will eventually destroy a lot of smaller leagues and the Clubs in them!

I’ve come to detest City and City Group, if they are allowed to carry on unchecked they will eventually destroy a lot of smaller leagues and the Clubs in them!
How do you come by that conclusion. They do a lot for the local community down here and as of yet I haven't seen them destroying any smaller clubs.

I love these City bashing threads.. they are no different to any club with multi-billionaire owners. Be it from USA, Russia or China they all have filthy regimes.

Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool of recent times have all spent similar money to City or even more. The difference is City's spending has been more effective.

People mentioning the atmosphere on big European nights. Have you ever seen the atmosphere at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge on big European nights?

I hope they do it. They are fantastic to watch.
I remember going to old Trafford when we played them in 08 in the Cl.we made plenty of noise but I think I heard the Utd support twice and if was the mind numbing “utd ,utd,utd” chant.

From supporters who couldn’t find Old Trafford with a map, compass, GPS or Satnav. Glory hunters who in reality have nothing in common with the club they deliberately choose to support for reasons of self interest.
Almost all of whom will never actually see United play in the flesh.
Well if it's a map of Manchester they'd be fucked. Say what you want about City, but at least they actually play in Manchester.

How do you come by that conclusion. They do a lot for the local community down here and as of yet I haven't seen them destroying any smaller clubs.

These lot had their concerns:

It can't be good one owner of so many Clubs, surely people can understand that?

I agree with that, it's an issue at many Clubs in Britain now and has been for years. City get a lot of stick on this front when it is no different to anywhere else to me. Too many people have said it's a great set up outside and also inside on a match day now for there to be no truth in it on the facilities front however. Seem really well set up for families.

City have invested in the surrounding community , employing local trades people, unskilled workers within a certain radius of the stadium.

City have invested in the surrounding community , employing local trades people, unskilled workers within a certain radius of the stadium.

I know, people always bring it up. It’s a crafty way of doing things. It’s the Arabs doing it though not exactly City as we all of a certain age really know them.

Like this:

It's happened up here,where small towns/city's see there mainly male population climb on board supporters buses/train's to follow us or the orc's, only a matter of time before more close down for the same reason.

I know, people always bring it up. It’s a crafty way of doing things. It’s the Arabs doing it though not exactly City as we all of a certain age really know them.

Like this:

s

Like this:

It's called "investment", both in the community and the future,and it's happening whether you think it's crafty or not!, don't know everything about city,but NO worse than nearly every top club in that division,a LOT of good supporters.
Can't help who buys you over and invests ridiculous amounts, would we refuse it/would we consider ourselves "plastic club".

It's called "investment", both in the community and the future,and it's happening whether you think it's crafty or not!, don't know everything about city,but NO worse than nearly every top club in that division,a LOT of good supporters.
Can't help who buys you over and invests ridiculous amounts, would we refuse it/would we consider ourselves "plastic club".
Aye I’m well aware it’s happening. I also never have and never will refer to them as a “plastic club”. You’ll see that from my comments on this thread. A few on here will have seen how I stick up for those very supporters, once again you can see that from my comments in this very thread. You can help who buys and invests, again you’ll see how one Clubs supporters did that with the City Owners in this very thread.

How would you feel if they added Celtic to their portfolio? I think most people would be totally against becoming the umpteenth Club in The City Group myself.

Last edited:
him - atmosphere is pish, even on European nights

You - Ibrox is pish when we're playing Killie, Livi and Motherwell

Just a nothing point from you, again.

Back