Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of posters have been quiet who usually have little bits of info and it’s poorer place for that imo but that’s what some wanted and folk continually getting hounded and getting away with it also.

I agree it’s disappointing, I completely understand why they’ve chosen to remain quiet though. We’ve got too many posters who behave like 5 year old children, throwing tantrums and taking cheap digs because deals change or fall through and these guys can’t be adults about it and fail to grasp that clubs, players and agents often change their minds and move the goalposts meaning that deals collapse regularly.

Instead what you get is these people kicking and screaming like spoiled weans who didn’t get one of the toys they were told they might get for Christmas, and it’s a shame because the folk who have the info to pass on are doing us a real favour only to have it thrown back at them.

I doubt if we will hear anything before the middle of next week. Friday will be taken up by our wonderful Press asking their inane questions and then he will be off back to the family for the weekend. Monday and Tuesday will be spent looking over the team he has now before he starts to look at MA's prospect list. I doubt if he will start the cull before the players get back and he sees what they are like in training. Attitude, fitness and skill levels before he lends them the St.Etienne bike and tells them to get on it. Meanwhile MA will be signing Torres, Defoe, Goldson and Bartley.

Still time for dreaming.

I doubt if we will hear anything before the middle of next week. Friday will be taken up by our wonderful Press asking their inane questions and then he will be off back to the family for the weekend. Monday and Tuesday will be spent looking over the team he has now before he starts to look at MA's prospect list. I doubt if he will start the cull before the players get back and he sees what they are like in training. Attitude, fitness and skill levels before he lends them the St.Etienne bike and tells them to get on it. Meanwhile MA will be signing Torres, Defoe, Goldson and Bartley.

Still time for dreaming.

We were allegedly speaking with 7 agents as of last week, so I would imagine we have a few deals in process. Although Gerrard starts officially on Friday, he's probably been watching footage of the existing squad from last season. No doubt he's in daily contact with MA regarding transfers in and out of the Club.

Record say Besiktas believe they can get Morelos for 2m euro.

Lot of shite
I think he will be gone for around 4m tbh

I’d hope for north of 6. I’d sell st that.

Whether he’s worth that, remains to be seen. I’d rather cash in now than risk him proving the last 4 months of last season were his true self.

I agree it’s disappointing, I completely understand why they’ve chosen to remain quiet though. We’ve got too many posters who behave like 5 year old children, throwing tantrums and taking cheap digs because deals change or fall through and these guys can’t be adults about it and fail to grasp that clubs, players and agents often change their minds and move the goalposts meaning that deals collapse regularly.

Instead what you get is these people kicking and screaming like spoiled weans who didn’t get one of the toys they were told they might get for Christmas, and it’s a shame because the folk who have the info to pass on are doing us a real favour only to have it thrown back at them.
Maybe they’ve been asked not to say anything more than the thought of getting pelters.
One of the ITK posters said it themselves the other week he was asked to keep hush.
They have nothing on there blogs either maybe just a case of the Stevie g is nearly here let’s hang fire with transfer roomers and let the main man get all media attention.
Might even have a couple of surprises with him on Friday or that’s wishful thinking on my part. :rolleyes:

There's absolutely no chance we'll let Morelos go for 2 million euros.

I'm not even sure how realistic a 2 million loan fee would be, but if we were to loan him out this season I would expect nothing less.

It could actually turn out to be a good piece of business for us, if he were to do well at Besiktas his stock would sky rocket higher than it ever could in the SPFL.

Plus we also wouldn't have to deal with Morelos sulking around the place wanting a move away!

Loan fee + trigger price to make it permanent wouldn’t be bad business if, combined, these can get to a decent value. So €2m + €3-4m for example. All speculation of course. €2m on its own sounds ridiculously low.

Harry Wilson got included in the Guardian team of the season! Hell of an achievement considering he was only there for half a season (shows what impact he had- they were lingering around the relegation zone and could barely score before he joined, finished the season comfortably in mid table.

So remember I said Klopp would give Wilson his chance in pre season, well the reliable journalist who report Liverpool news have said if we sign another top class winger the we’ll be happy to listen to loan offers for Wilson! Didn’t mention rangers being one of the clubs interested though. Fulham and Aston Villa were the 2 clubs mentioned!

I’m sure if Gerrard wanted him, Klopp would do his best to get him to come to Rangers, we seem to have adapted a new rule when loaning players out, we don’t look for a loan fee as long as the players are playing regularly. If not then there’s a penalty fee!

New name. Denny from Everton. --Liverpool echo

Certainly a new name, but there's not really much out there to find out about him.

Just turned 18, has caps at England youth levels. Plays defensive mid apparently. 1 appearance in the 91st minute for Everton in the europa league.

Can't even find out how long he's contracted for atm.

Everton are in danger of losing talented midfielder Alex Denny this summer - with Glasgow Rangers interested in signing him.

The 18-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough season after forcing his way into the under-23s set-up and being part of the first-team squad for December’s Europa League game with Apollon Limassol.

Denny, an England youth international, expected to be rewarded with an improved new deal but negotiations are understood to have stalled.

The Macclesfield-born player has expressed his wish to stay with Everton.

But Rangers, now managed by former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, are looking to take advantage of the impasse and have registered their interest in signing the teenage midfielder.

Everton are in danger of losing talented midfielder Alex Denny this summer - with Glasgow Rangers interested in signing him.

The 18-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough season after forcing his way into the under-23s set-up and being part of the first-team squad for December’s Europa League game with Apollon Limassol.

Denny, an England youth international, expected to be rewarded with an improved new deal but negotiations are understood to have stalled.

The Macclesfield-born player has expressed his wish to stay with Everton.

But Rangers, now managed by former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, are looking to take advantage of the impasse and have registered their interest in signing the teenage midfielder.
Nice, we need to start snapping up Englands best youth with the first team football they could get .. these kids are where the sell on is

like we need to advertise it as would you rather sit in the under 23s all year or come up and have a real chance to play infront of 50,000

Still time for dreaming.
Gerrard will have long since finished assessing our team and MA’s prospect list, have no doubts about that.

Certainly a new name, but there's not really much out there to find out about him.

Just turned 18, has caps at England youth levels. Plays defensive mid apparently. 1 appearance in the 91st minute for Everton in the europa league.

Can't even find out how long he's contracted for atm.

Out of contract

Re Gerrard assessment of our players, I'd be very surprised if SG has not had someone he trusts at every one of our games since the 3 2 bheasts game. He can then give a list of those to keep, those to punt and those who didn't get a chance (Cardoso, Herrera,Alves,MOH etc).
I suspect those being punted (and their agent) will get a text telling them, thanks, but no thanks and negotiations begin re transfer fees, pay offs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back