New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think their is much difference between Morelos and McBurnie.

Both are quite similar, with positives and negatives.

However, this might be a bit harsh but Fredo's attitude and team concept worry me, yes he works his socks off but it seems if it's all about me with him, especially if he does not score.

If the reports from NARSA are true then he's off any way.

If we can get 5M plus for Morelos and loan / tap up McBurnie, 1M loan sign full contract in January or tap him up and try to sign in January, makes sense to me.

This would not stop me from looking at other Forwards, especially someone that can offer something different, someone that spin off the Centre halfs with accerlation / pace.
If we sell Morelos, we need three forwards in, and one has to be established and have a decent (recent) strike rate. There’s no debate on that.

If we sell Morelos, we need three forwards in, and one has to be established and have a decent (recent) strike rate. There’s no debate on that.

It looks obvious that Morelos felt fucked about with in January with the Chinese stuff. His form dipped badly and his confidence went.
He didn’t react well I think to having Cummings as competition or as a partner up front.

If he could sort his head out I would like him to stay and to have a partner up front with him.

However I think he wants away though and we have to get as much cash as possible for him, shame I like the lad.

Morelos' own attitude was a massive part of his poor form in the second half of the season. Would not surprise me if Gerrard and Gary Mac have picked up on it.

He may have been tired and that's fair enough but he was constantly huffy and selfish. The fact he's not really learned English says a lot too.

Frustrating because his work rate and hold up play is excellent but when you can't count on your main striker to put the ball in the net in big games is there any point?

If we're losing Morelos, Miller, Cummings (& Herrera) .. I'd be looking at Solanke, McBurnie and Lafferty as replacements.

2_A1516_C6_26_A2_4_AC4_876_D_1_EE5_E880_E2_ED.jpg

ID10 I know your watching!

Care to join the group:D

Don’t think that makes us want him any less though!

Assuming he’s on a fortnights holiday we could have a long wait again. If we can agree a price whilst he’s away I guess.

He’s not gong to be cheap. Linked with Brighton in January for £6m. I’d take that with a pinch of salt however.

Surprisingly mixed reviews about him on the Barnsley forums. From ‘his next club will be Ross County on a free’ to ‘potential is enormous, could go on to become a real star’. He’s seen as a solid defender who needs to improve his passing (Bates, anyone?).

McBurnie might be a solid signing, Solanke and Co. sure have quality, but do they have the graft too? It is for a 2-striker partnership I would love to have Cummings back, someone who will run himself into the ground on a cold, rainy and soggy night out there at Fir or Dens Park in February or the like. How many star-strikers and talents have we seen who failed there? It is Cummings' bread and butter.

No matter who it will be, I sincerely hope that we'll have two strikers up front next season, as the last six months with just one essentially wrecked not only the season, but also any chance of making the best out of Morelos, Cummings, and indeed Herrera.

LCB - are we playing a three?

Either way, we need more than one central defender.

Failing to sign Lindsay for £500k last summer will look like another blunder if we then pay £2.5/3m this summer!

Not sure I buy this urge to sell Morelos.

Imagine going into Q1 with no strikers.

Miller gone, thankfully. Herrera is a big handsome bastard, but clearly pretty hopeless.

I’d like to see Gerrard get the best out of Morelos. He’s worked with a stroppy South American striker before - he should relish the challenge of making him into a star.

Not that this affects my opinion that Lindsay would be a good signing but only a matter of time for the hates to come out and paste

“I always wanted to be a footballer. I come from a family of what I’d call ‘soft’ Celtic fans so watched them a few times when I was younger.

“Bobo Balde was always my favourite, but only because he was so massive and everyone was scared of him. I didn’t even play in central defence until the year before I joined Thistle."

Love island starts at 9 see if I’m allowed to post anything else before then my source is in Florida right now so 4 hours difference.....:p:p

Would be happy with Liam Lindsay if there's anything in these rumours. I haven't seen any of him since his move South, but was always very impressed with his time up here and had hoped we'd make a move before he left.

McBurnie and Lindsay could be decent enough for us,but I don't see them being enough to be automatic first picks right away.I like both,but anymore than 1-2 million each max. is too much imo.
And it's England we're talking about,so it'll probably be more alright.

Gioloyal and a few others mentioned the Austrian market for a striker,if we're paying good money from the Morelos sale I'd rather we went baws deep for the likes of Prevjlak that Gioloyal suggested.
He'd be a starter that should be ready to come straight in and have an impact,and imo that's what we need.

In a perfect world we'd buy Prevjlak,get Solanke on loan and rotate the two.

LCB - are we playing a three?

Either way, we need more than one central defender.

Failing to sign Lindsay for £500k last summer will look like another blunder if we then pay £2.5/3m this summer!

Not sure I buy this urge to sell Morelos.

Imagine going into Q1 with no strikers.

Miller gone, thankfully. Herrera is a big handsome bastard, but clearly pretty hopeless.

I’d like to see Gerrard get the best out of Morelos. He’s worked with a stroppy South American striker before - he should relish the challenge of making him into a star.

Why would LCB mean playing a 3?

It looks obvious that Morelos felt fucked about with in January with the Chinese stuff. His form dipped badly and his confidence went.
He didn’t react well I think to having Cummings as competition or as a partner up front.

If he could sort his head out I would like him to stay and to have a partner up front with him.

However I think he wants away though and we have to get as much cash as possible for him, shame I like the lad.

In regards us playing two up top, researching SG so far I have not seen anything to suggest two up front (4-4-2) from him, usually employs 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 3CB systems.

Although, I think 4-4-2, may suit some of our players, Docherty, Arfield as wide midfielders, Morelos up top with a play making striker.

Not going to fix it all in one window but real money being spent on quality.
This is the only way we can go ,if we want to be successful .Quality added in each window and if we can raise the game of some current players until they can be replaced i’ll be happy .

Lindsay’s a good CB by SPFL standards. Really should have been in the last Scotland squad. I was saying last summer we should have made a move for him. Iv got a feeling Bates value will go the same was as Lindsay’s and it’ll come back to haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back