Official Rangers will play Manchester United at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on Saturday, 20 July 2024 in a pre-season friendly match.

I was out most of the day yesterday and I clicked on the link on the email about 3pm and the lowest price ticket available on ticket master was £44 +plus booking fee and the "best" seats available were £69.66 + plus booking fee (section N10 Row W)

Total cost for 2 tickets including fees etc £143.
Yeah so could’ve got them for under £50 each and the most expensive were just over £70 each. That’s what I mean with everyone quoting £70+, that’s the high end of the scale not the entry level.

Yeah so could’ve got them for under £50 each and the most expensive were just over £70 each. That’s what I mean with everyone quoting £70+, that’s the high end of the scale not the entry level.
No argument from me so prices range from £50 ish to £75 ish - which is IMHO far to high for a friendly to watch essentially Man U reserves

I watched Rangers vs RM at Ibrox at £25 so asking double / three times that to watch Man U is too much in my eyes.

No argument from me so prices range from £50 ish to £75 ish - which is IMHO far to high for a friendly to watch essentially Man U reserves

I watched Rangers vs RM at Ibrox at £25 so asking double / three times that to watch Man U is too much in my eyes.
Was £25 too much to watch Real Madrids reserves 3 years prior ?

Its £43. Its not our home game.

£43 tickets nearly sold out.

Im not sure where this base figure of £70 is coming from. I bought 3 tickets using the MyGers link for £135 including fees, so just under £45 each. Section W38.

A lot of people not knowing how to filter.

They've just gone straight to 'best available' i.e. most expensive.

Still expensive all the same, but yeah, not extortion at gunpoint.

Struggling to get on and get tickets just now. The rangers email link is going to a bad gateway and the ticket master website won’t let me buy any. Maybe it’s a sign not to waste my money.

The RM team included Marcelo / Odegaard / Rodrygo / Isco / Vasquez / Jovic and Nacho to name a few - so no I would suggest £25 isn’t a bad price for that.

The Man U team we will play will have no one of that level.

£43 is almost exactly the same price we paid to watch Dortmund (£45) at Ibrox on the Europa league run - I understand Rangers don’t set the prices for this game but as I said for me £43-£75 to watch a friendly is too much regardless of who it is.

Haven’t read the whole thread but heard about this on H&H yesterday. With the works in Copland for the disabled section being done in the summer, will we have any home friendlies this year?

Haven’t read the whole thread but heard about this on H&H yesterday. With the works in Copland for the disabled section being done in the summer, will we have any home friendlies this year?
Unlikely.
From the news article on the club website-
“The game promises to be an exciting preparation test for the 2024/25 campaign for Philippe Clement’s side and, due to the planned Copland Stand works at Ibrox this summer, the fixture may be the only opportunity to watch Rangers live in Scotland this pre-season.”

Our section is less than half full at the moment I think, with plenty availability in the dearer area behind the goals. I presume the 'neutral' areas along the long side of the pitch, on either side, are being kept back for general sale at 10am tomorrow.

Wild prices for a friendly

I understand it’s a 3rd party fixture but tickets costing for the most part more than what we paid for our semi final against Leipzig in the EL to watch a Man Utd reserve team is mental

Do you not think the club are ‘directly’ making money from a match in the largest stadium in the country vs arguably the biggest name in world football?

This tie will make the club more money than the likes of Hamburg and Olympicos at home last season.
Rangers will make little if any money. They are participating in this game to pay off a debt to TEG for pulling out of the bheasts game in Oz

Rangers will make little if any money. They are participating in this game to pay off a debt to TEG for pulling out of the bheasts game in Oz
TEG have staged the previous two games at Murrayfield, so clearly see a market with or without Rangers. The previous 65K and 48.5k crowds suggest they are correct, for now.

What are you basing your statement on? Anything of substance or simply speculation?

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. We did agree to participate in their friendlies as part of a negotiated settlement. Sounds like we could be headed Stateside or Down Under over the next two Summers:

Rangers avoid £1.6m court battle after striking peace deal with Sydney Super Cup organisers

Rangers are no longer facing court action over their withdrawal from the Sydney Super Cup after forming a new partnership with the tournament organisers.
Matthew Elder
By Matthew Elder
Published 11th Jul 2023, 12:29 GMT
Updated 11th Jul 2023, 12:53 GMT

TEG were seeking £1.6million damages after Rangers pulled out of the competition in Australia last November amid a strong backlash from fans over the link-up with rivals Celtic and the prospect of an Old Firm 'friendly' taking place Down Under during a tour that had been billed as an Ange Postecoglou homecoming by the Parkhead club.

Rangers stated that "the tournament organisers were unwilling to fulfil their commitments", and they were replaced by Everton, but organisers TEG filed a legal action against the Ibrox club via the Australian Federal Court which claimed they had wrongfully terminated the contract.

Rangers were expected to launch a counter claim, however, the dispute has now ended and the threat of litigation removed after peace talks between Rangers and TEG ended with the Glasgow club signing up to a deal that will see them participate in the company's friendly tournaments from 2024 to 2026.

TEG's CEO Geoff Jones said: "We are pleased to have a touring partnership with Rangers Football Club.

"This partnership ends the previous dispute between Rangers and TEG, as both organisations look forward to a collaborative and mutually beneficial commercial relationship in the years ahead.

"This year alone our TEG sport division will tour some of the biggest football clubs across eight countries in both the northern and southern hemispheres. We look forward to continuing to expand our international football touring with Rangers."

New Rangers CEO James Bisgrove welcomed the development, adding: "We're delighted to team up with TEG and form this innovativee commercial partnership that propels our international strategy into a new dimension.

"The collaboration will enable Rangers' first team to tour international markets, such as North America, Far East Asia and the Middle East, in the years ahead.

"Rangers Football Club is incredibly fortunate to have the most passionate and diverse supporter base in world football, and we are excited to bring our men's first team to key international markets with the strong support of TEG as our partner."

According to Rangers, the partnership will also involve commercial ventures, including live music and entertainment, at the club's new multi-purpose venue at Edmiston House.

Last edited:
when they are charging these prices for a meaningless game ,the least they should do is limit the teams to 5 subs each, been to hundreds of friendly games over the years and it is frustrating seeing both sides making 10 changes at h/t ,we know the exercise is to get minutes into the players but if they are charging prices you would pay for a competitive game the least they could do is limit the subs and make it seem like its not a training session

The friendly is also only 6 days after the final of the Euros. Anyone in the knockout stages of the euros likely won’t be playing. Anyone that is knocked out in the group stages might be back for it and get some game time but could be missing a couple of players on both sides Soutar and McTominay if we make the final!

Do you have a source for this, or just made it up?

How do you know there’s not a long term partnership on the cards that could generate the club a steady income stream each pre season?

TEG have staged the previous two games at Murrayfield, so clearly see a market with or without Rangers. The previous 65K and 48.5k crowds suggest they are correct, for now.

What are you basing your statement on? Anything of substance or simply speculation?

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. We did agree to participate in their friendlies as part of a negotiated settlement. Sounds like we could be headed Stateside or Down Under over the next two Summers:

Rangers avoid £1.6m court battle after striking peace deal with Sydney Super Cup organisers

Rangers are no longer facing court action over their withdrawal from the Sydney Super Cup after forming a new partnership with the tournament organisers.
Matthew Elder
By Matthew Elder
Published 11th Jul 2023, 12:29 GMT
Updated 11th Jul 2023, 12:53 GMT

TEG were seeking £1.6million damages after Rangers pulled out of the competition in Australia last November amid a strong backlash from fans over the link-up with rivals Celtic and the prospect of an Old Firm 'friendly' taking place Down Under during a tour that had been billed as an Ange Postecoglou homecoming by the Parkhead club.

Rangers stated that "the tournament organisers were unwilling to fulfil their commitments", and they were replaced by Everton, but organisers TEG filed a legal action against the Ibrox club via the Australian Federal Court which claimed they had wrongfully terminated the contract.

Rangers were expected to launch a counter claim, however, the dispute has now ended and the threat of litigation removed after peace talks between Rangers and TEG ended with the Glasgow club signing up to a deal that will see them participate in the company's friendly tournaments from 2024 to 2026.

TEG's CEO Geoff Jones said: "We are pleased to have a touring partnership with Rangers Football Club.

"This partnership ends the previous dispute between Rangers and TEG, as both organisations look forward to a collaborative and mutually beneficial commercial relationship in the years ahead.

"This year alone our TEG sport division will tour some of the biggest football clubs across eight countries in both the northern and southern hemispheres. We look forward to continuing to expand our international football touring with Rangers."

New Rangers CEO James Bisgrove welcomed the development, adding: "We're delighted to team up with TEG and form this innovativee commercial partnership that propels our international strategy into a new dimension.

"The collaboration will enable Rangers' first team to tour international markets, such as North America, Far East Asia and the Middle East, in the years ahead.

"Rangers Football Club is incredibly fortunate to have the most passionate and diverse supporter base in world football, and we are excited to bring our men's first team to key international markets with the strong support of TEG as our partner."

According to Rangers, the partnership will also involve commercial ventures, including live music and entertainment, at the club's new multi-purpose venue at Edmiston House.
Had completely forgotten all that from July 2023 tbh.
A bit odd that there was no mention in yesterday's blurb on the website or Twitter / X of this game actually being part of an " innovative commercial partership" ( according to Bisgrove) between the Club & TEG.....seems we'll be touring USA, Middle East & Asia in the years ahead as well.

Had completely forgotten all that from July 2023 tbh.
A bit odd that there was no mention in yesterday's blurb on the website or Twitter / X of this game actually being part of an " innovative commercial partership" ( according to Bisgrove) between the Club & TEG.....seems we'll be touring USA, Middle East & Asia in the years ahead as well.
I had forgotten as well, hence going in two-footed on @stevenma - until I did a bit of research.:confused:

Last edited:
If there's no home friendlies will there by any in England do we reckon? Should be at least one a year imo
I'm hoping so mate.

I'm choosing not to go to this Man Utd reserve team thing, but I really am hoping for a proper away day in England.

Some of the best trips you can have as a bear.

Will be disappointed if there isn't one.

The rheptiles will be ragin' we've trumped their so-called US tour.
Not sure about that.

I believe they are playing Man City and Chelsea in the States.

Not sure playing Man Utd's second XI at Murrayfield trumps that.

But each to their own and all that.

Hopefully we have some decent pre season trips lined up.

I spent a lot of money going to Hoffenheim to watch Rangers last pre season. Only 1 Mygers point for a qr code ticket that most bought anyway.

The money for this friendly, £43 isn't that bad in comparison. No mygers point. I'll be there watching my team. I'll also get to watch Man Utd in pre season play one pf the biggest teams in the world :))

Not sure about that.

If rangers are playing Man Utd reserve team, then surely Celtic will be playing Man City, Chelsea reserve teams

Not sure about that.

I’m sure they’ll be saying nothing when our other games are announced.

Not sure about that.

They too will be playing 'Reserve' teams given the dates - 20 Jul, 23 Jul and 27 Jul.

The newspaper article in post #620 suggests it will be our 'turn' to visit the States and/or the Southern Hemisphere over the next 2 Summers as part of our settlement with TEG.

Back