Official Rangers will play Manchester United at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on Saturday, 20 July 2024 in a pre-season friendly match.

Do people recon this could end up Rangers dominated pubs and Man U dominated pubs to stop any trouble or both mixed? Any around Murrayfield that's close to the stadium?
Haymarket / Roseburn / Murrayfield / Corstorphine all good for pubs for us

Last edited:
Do people recon this could end up Rangers dominated pubs and Man U dominated pubs to stop any trouble or both mixed? Any around Murrayfield that's close to the stadium?
Roseburn Bar and Murrayfield Bar will be whoever gets there first. The places further along opposite the North stand (Hampton and Murrayfield Hotel) will be mainly us I expect.

My Step-son is fighting cancer and wants to go to this. He prefers Man United. There are plenty tickets on ticket master, being silly but I take it that's just mixed seating and genuine tickets

Roseburn Bar and Murrayfield Bar will be whoever gets there first. The places further along opposite the North stand (Hampton and Murrayfield Hotel) will be mainly us I expect.
Was it the murrayfield hotel that had the massive tents with the bars inside it?

My Step-son is fighting cancer and wants to go to this. He prefers Man United. There are plenty tickets on ticket master, being silly but I take it that's just mixed seating and genuine tickets
Ticketmaster is the official sales channel for the event so they are genuine however the fees are quite high. Most of tickets left are for mixed areas as the Rangers sections were North behind the goals and the part of the west stand at that side

Ticketmaster is the official sales channel for the event so they are genuine however the fees are quite high. Most of tickets left are for mixed areas as the Rangers sections were North behind the goals and the part of the west stand at that side
Yeah cheers mate just bought 2 and it's neutral section so suits us..Thanks.

No chance of bevvy,

Food options at the Man U game were nothing like at the Rugby, it was very limited in comparison.

Had a look on Ticketmaster there. Looks like from main stand round behind goal at North and then in to our side of East we have sold a lot. Maybe 15-20 K ?

The expensive seats are nearly sold out in our end
I'm sure the ones that are shown available are the ones Ticketmaster have for sale but many more kept back for our own sale through the club. Many more will become available in time on there.

I’ve just bought 8 tickets, 4 for my family and 4 for my brother in law’s family. After I had checked out I saw it said there was a maximum limit of 6 tickets per person or household. Does anyone know if they enforce this?

I’ve just bought 8 tickets, 4 for my family and 4 for my brother in law’s family. After I had checked out I saw it said there was a maximum limit of 6 tickets per person or household. Does anyone know if they enforce this?
I would have thought if they were limiting 6 tickets per person that you wouldn't be able to buy them in the first place. You'll be alright if you've managed to checkout with them.

We were going to be staying the night but too expensive, the price of even a Travelodge is pretty ridiculous.
There are a few hotels out Edinburgh Park on the West side of town near Gyle etc. In amongst all the office buildings etc out there. Tram stops right beside them too. Prem Inn, Ibis Budget, Travelodge.
Might be of help to folk.
Tram straight to Murrayfield area. Or a bus along through Corstorphine towards Murrayfield.

Does anyone know of any ni bears running any sort of bus to this. I've 2 tickets one for the wee man for his birthday but the bus we had hoped to go on has pulled the plug on it.

Back