Netherlands Vs Scotland. Match Thread

Pass marks for Souttar?

Right you are, Ray Charles.
the-joke-superman.gif

Souttar comes on and we lost 3 goals.

Were any of then goals his fault?
Big part in the 4th goal albeit no ball pressure and he was getting laced for pace so desperately tried to play offside

Had he followed him it may still have been a goal but the forward would have had to work harder for it

Scotland were wide open by then we seen a systematic meltdown as a consequence of the managers substitutions

Only thing Stewart got right was when he said it was never a 3-0 game just before the Dutch scored their fourth
Then the clown in the studio regales us with "It wasn't a 4-0 game but it was a 4-0 game"
Clearly a student of quantum mechanics heavily influenced by the Schroedinger's Cat thought experiment
Andy Robertson said similar never a 4 goal defeat ‘that is impossible’ he adds .

Well …

Last edited:
Billy Gilmour the best player on the pitch. Fell apart when he went off.

Held our own against a very good nation before the subs, bring it on.

Weirdo haters are going to hate. Lets see what happens against Northern Ireland next week.
Is is being a "hater" if you're point out obvious shortcomings in the game/squad?

Souttar’s actually been playing well for us (better than Goldson which some won’t bring themselves to admit), but I still find it hard to trust him. Just feel like he’s always got a blunder in him. He even has games where he does nearly everything right but still has that one suicidal moment where he hands the opposition a gift.

So did i and Scotland made chances with the good posession they had. Up until the subs came on i was really impressed with how they played
They were good at closing the Netherlands down in the first half but they didn’t really know what to do with the ball once they’d won possession.

Now why did you miss out 'THE RANGERS HATING tartan trannies?

Which was the poin't of the guy's post.

Cretins?

They are scum.
Are they the Dutch then? You asked what was anti Scottish?

All football fans that dislike Rangers are scum? Rightio.

I wonder who all other nations supporters come together to support the country they come from.

I couldn't imagine wanting the country I come from, Scotland, to lose a game of football. If you do so fair enough, but why feel the need to act all staunch and slag the team off etc? It's beyond me.

Not really. We do have the best squad since the early to mid 90s though. Why not support our fellow countrymen? Who gives a %^*& who they play for or support?
Because Ralston and Porteous are god-awful footballers so I'll take a hard pass on supporting those 2 at least anyway, cheers.

I'll support the team in the summer but expecting zero points & be lucky if we get a couple of goals.

You in Amsterdam PR?
Of course not, I go back to Paphos in two weeks, then away to Germany in June for 3 weeks and back to Paphos until November. I'm not an avid Scotland supporter, I just find it weird ripping and gloating them all the time, taking delight at them losing.

Because Ralston and Porteous are god-awful footballers so I'll take a hard pass on supporting those 2 at least anyway, cheers.

I'll support the team in the summer but expecting zero points & be lucky if we get a couple of goals.
If they are part of the team that represent us at the Euros then they will be supported, fortunately I don't think either will be near the team.

I disagree. We will win two of the games in the groups. We could and should have scored a couple tonight, beat Spain 2-0, nothing to suggest we wont score a few again.

Souttar’s actually been playing well for us (better than Goldson which some won’t bring themselves to admit), but I still find it hard to trust him. Just feel like he’s always got a blunder in him. He even has games where he does nearly everything right but still has that one suicidal moment where he hands the opposition a gift.
Agreed. In fact they both make me nervous, Goldson more so, TBH.

We'll look back one day at the insanity around Shankland the same way we're currently looking back at the erosion of liberties during COVID. Fucking madness.
Shankland misses one chance, he's shite and thank %^*& we never signed him.

Dessers missed 400 and people think he will still come good.

From the highlights, I think it was a bit of unfair result but that’s what happens when you have clinical finishers through your team.
Although Gunn had a couple of great saves he didn’t cover himself in glory at a couple of the goals, Souttar had a bit of a night to forget and I still don’t but Into the McGinn superstar theory.
On the plus side I thought Gilmour, Patterson, McTominay and Christie played well.

Dessers misses that Shankland chance and we are all raging.

Clarke is on tilt - no wins in 6.

If we don’t escape the group then he’s under the gun..
Why would the manager, who got us to two championships when no other manager has managed to in 32 years prior to it be sacked if we don't get out the groups?

Dessers has missed a lot, lot easier chances btw in massive games, Shankland is a sub at best in a game that isn't a friendly.

Scotland have lost one competitive game in god knows how long. Losing in friendlies dont matter a jot. Especially when three of them are against Holland and France away and England at home. It's not as if we are getting turned over by Moldova.

Why would the manager, who got us to two championships when no other manager has managed to in 32 years prior to it be sacked if we don't get out the groups?

Dessers has missed a lot, lot easier chances btw in massive games, Shankland is a sub at best in a game that isn't a friendly.

Scotland have lost one competitive game in god knows how long. Losing in friendlies dont matter a jot. Especially when three of them are against Holland and France away and England at home. It's not as if we are getting turned over by Moldova.
Some Turd polishing there.

Hopefully that ends the Shankland to Rangers. The guy is a traffic cone and so slow as a snail.
Not sure if you are fishing but that is a gross exaggeration.A career average of 1 goal every 2 games he would score plenty for us.
My only reservation is we wouldnt get any resale value if we signed him,but for 2 or 3 seasons he would be a great signing.

Latest posts

Back