Harry Wilson close to a loan move to somewhere

Yes, as much as I think Middleton will be a star for us in the future, Wilson blows him and every other player in this country out the water already at his age and that’s what we need. We can’t afford to wait around on Middleton improving, we need top quality right now loan or not.
How can you possibly know he is the best player in Scotland already, every time we get linked with a player he is the best in Scotland by a country mile. It's nonsense, if he comes let's see how he gets on

He'll play a better level of opposition modt weeks in the championship.

He'll play with a far far bigger club with us, and have to learn ans deal with the expectation of winning every week in front of 50k fans.

Liverpool need to decide on the better learning experience for a very talented young player . Thats what it comes down to.

Charlie Adam via BT Sport

"What's the chances of you [@Charlie26Adam] coming back to Rangers?"

"There's always a chance, it's Rangers! But you can never rule it out…"https://t.co/wDYhXhp2KN

— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) July 12, 2018

The 32-year-old said:

Listen it’s a situation that I don’t know what is going to happen. I have had a chat with the club at Stoke. We know the situation that we are in.

We will see and take it from there. There’s always an option (for me) – it’s Rangers.

It’s a big club, I enjoyed my time here when I was young and I had a great time here. You can never rule it out. To return to a club like this would be a wonderful option for me.

But at the moment I am contracted to Stoke and I am working hard in pre-season to try and force my way into the team.

"There's always a chance, it's Rangers! But you can never rule it out…"https://t.co/wDYhXhp2KN

The 32-year-old said:

Listen it’s a situation that I don’t know what is going to happen. I have had a chat with the club at Stoke. We know the situation that we are in.

We will see and take it from there. There’s always an option (for me) – it’s Rangers.

It’s a big club, I enjoyed my time here when I was young and I had a great time here. You can never rule it out. To return to a club like this would be a wonderful option for me.

But at the moment I am contracted to Stoke and I am working hard in pre-season to try and force my way into the team.
No thanks Chaz

The 32-year-old said:

He can bolt.

Showed no affinity with us when the shit hit the fan.

Hardly fits in to the apparent pressing style of football we will play.

Charlie Adam is a prick of a man.

He should never be welcomed back.

I assume, having played with him, Gerrard also realises he’s pretty average.

The 32-year-old said:

And this is what to do with Wilson ?

The 32-year-old said:

I can’t see Adam fitting the profile for a Gerrard team, he wants fit athletic midfielders

I bet Adam would love to wedge his arse back in the door at Ibrox again now things are looking a bit more up.

Too bad he shattered his own chance by going on about how he doesn’t give a shit about us.

The 32-year-old said:

Please No!!!!!

Could be wrong, but I don’t see what he’ll learn at Derby that he didn’t at Hull?

Our situation is pretty unique and I can see why some might choose the championship - but if you’ve already done it...
Good point but I took that into account. It’s a better league than ours with more consistent opponents but also closer to home base for Liverpool to watch him bring him in for a chat etc.
We give him big game and big crowd experience but it’s not Lampard over Gerrard that’s for sure.

He can bolt.

Showed no affinity with us when the shit hit the fan.

Hardly fits in to the apparent pressing style of football we will play.
I’ve heard him speak about us a good few times over the years and he’s never hidden his affinity with us.

He never said that when I heard him.

Well he did say it. I was surprised at the time because when he was doing so well at Blackpool a lot of bears would tweet into sky sports when he was on to express their delight at how well he was doing. So it caught me off guard when he expressed his complete lack of interest in anything outwork his brother’s career.

Well he did say it. I was surprised at the time because when he was doing so well at Blackpool a lot of bears would tweet into sky sports when he was on to express their delight at how well he was doing. So it caught me off guard when he expressed his complete lack of interest in anything outwork his brother’s career.
I suspect his main priority was his brother but I doubt that meant he’d want the worst for Rangers if it didn’t effect his brother.

Probably be a few factors in him choosing Derby. He doesn't need to move far. He feels he has a better chance of being in Giggs's Euro 2020 qaulifiers plans. And Lampards promised him more football. I don't doubt Gerrard would have loved to have had him up here, but he comes with the condition of you play him in X amount of games or pay a financial penalty, so you are basically saying regardless of form your having to pick him. Not really creating competition for a starting place in the Team. You always run that risk that he couldn't produce the same up here as in the Championship and your having to commit to giving someone game time. Championship level is a mixed bag, we weren't great and played Sheffield Wednesday off the park last year.

Good point but I took that into account. It’s a better league than ours with more consistent opponents but also closer to home base for Liverpool to watch him bring him in for a chat etc.
We give him big game and big crowd experience but it’s not Lampard over Gerrard that’s for sure.
We aren't that far away from Liverpool.

In regards to Adam we absolutely shafted his brother, and when he was with us, he was the fans favourite boo boy.

I remember his comments as well, which weren't nice at the time. I think it came from a feeling of betrayal more than anything tbh.

Probably be a few factors in him choosing Derby. He doesn't need to move far. He feels he has a better chance of being in Giggs's Euro 2020 qaulifiers plans. And Lampards promised him more football. I don't doubt Gerrard would have loved to have had him up here, but he comes with the condition of you play him in X amount of games or pay a financial penalty, so you are basically saying regardless of form your having to pick him. Not really creating competition for a starting place in the Team. You always run that risk that he couldn't produce the same up here as in the Championship and your having to commit to giving someone game time. Championship level is a mixed bag, we weren't great and played Sheffield Wednesday off the park last year.
With all respect I don't think players at his stage could ever build their transfers with all those provisos built in. He has played in the Championship, and probably rates it better than our league; that's providing the level of interest we had in him to begin with. Let's face it, if he was going to be, according to some, the best player to play in this league, he would be on loan to a club in the Premiership. There will be no guarantees for this player, either long term or short term; if he joins Derby it will be purely be for what he thinks is best for him at this present time in his career.

With all respect I don't think players at his stage could ever build their transfers with all those provisos built in. He has played in the Championship, and probably rates it better than our league; that's providing the level of interest we had in him to begin with. Let's face it, if he was going to be, according to some, the best player to play in this league, he would be on loan to a club in the Premiership. There will be no guarantees for this player, either long term or short term; if he joins Derby it will be purely be for what he thinks is best for him at this present time in his career.

Sorry Mate, it is very well publicised, that Liverpool no longer charge a loan fee, instead they contract it how many games each player going out must play, and insert a financial penalty if not met. Klopp implemented the concept in 2016

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-insisting-playing-clause-loan-11641458

This is why we have been careful not to flood our Team with too many Liverpool Development Players. We have to get the balance right.

Why would Wilson want to play at Kilmarnock,Hamilton and now Livingston?
Can’t wait to hear Gerrard’s comments on these god awful surfaces.

Sorry Mate, it is very well publicised, that Liverpool no longer charge a loan fee, instead they contract it how many games each player going out must play, and insert a financial penalty if not met. Klopp implemented the concept in 2016

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-insisting-playing-clause-loan-11641458

This is why we have been careful not to flood our Team with too many Liverpool Development Players. We have to get the balance right.

I understand your points, and as someone who viewed the forum closely before committing myself to posting I respect your opinion on these matters, it's just I think Wilson will be thinking about his next move in terms of where it helps him right now; ie, he probably thinks that league, the Championship, is better than ours. You do raise an another important issue though, for me anyway, and that concerns Gerrard and the kind of loan deals he is likely to do. I'm not totally convinced how good these will be when it comes to who we get from Liverpool, or any team in the Premiership for that matter, but when you listen to the manager's interviews you inevitably find yourself trying to decipher his thoughts about certain matters, and in this case I sense, and I may be wrong, that any loanee coming in will be given no guarantees about appearances and so on. How will that affect who come, I imagine it might affect it a great deal. I think if Gerrard had such a stance it would be best for the club anyway.

@KopGer - anything on Wilson from your neck of the woods?

Only what is pretty much common knowledge.

We are one of 15+ teams to have enquired (at least 3 of whom are EPL sides).

Stoke wanted him as part of the Shaqiri deal, but Liverpool are reluctant to send him there as they don't see them being developmentally advantageous.

It's going to be a tough ask getting him up here with all the offers on the table.

Stoke wanted him as part of the Shaqiri deal, but Liverpool are reluctant to send him there as they don't see them being developmentally advantageous.

It's going to be a tough ask getting him up here with all the offers on the table.

Do you feel it’s more the player rather than Liverpool which is the stumbling block? As the player maybe doesn’t fancy Scotland.

You'd like to think the Gerrard and Beale factor would come into play here.

The pressure to perform every week up here is unique compared to the Championship.

Mate I am struggling to see any of the linked Liverpool players coming too us, the two welsh boys, Solanke or Ings. If we do get anyone else from Liverpool unfortunately I expect it to be someone younger and further down the pecking order.

What is your thoughts on this, I just struggle to see players close to their first team coming here.

One player I would liked use to have got on loan from Liverpool was Grujic but it now looks like apart from Ejaria we might not get any more.

You'd like to think the Gerrard and Beale factor would come into play here.

The pressure to perform every week up here is unique compared to the Championship.

This is precisely how I have thought about it all. He must at least been thinking about that.

Cheers pal.

Having not seen much of Woodburn, is he a level below Wilson effectively?

I’ll happily take better but the reason we were third was the number of goals we conceded
Yes and no mate.

We were top scorers granted, but we missed so nany sitters in games we just l8st or drew.

Even with tbe defence we had, we would have finished 2nd and close to the dims if we had a clinical st last season.

Also by not putting teams away, esp early in games in put the defence under constant pressure.

If a player was given a guarantee of X amount of games elsewhere but was given no such guarantees at Rangers, would that influence any decision that player makes? I just wonder if that would ever become a factor about any signing we go for, loan or not. We are trying to win a league, there are many teams that don't have that burden; the signings they make may not have that crucial element that depends on success that ours do.

Cheers pal.

Having not seen much of Woodburn, is he a level below Wilson effectively?

I don't think he's a level below. I actually think Woodburn's more likely to have the better career.

There's 3 years difference in age at the moment between the two.

Mate I am struggling to see any of the linked Liverpool players coming too us, the two welsh boys, Solanke or Ings. If we do get anyone else from Liverpool unfortunately I expect it to be someone younger and further down the pecking order.

What is your thoughts on this, I just struggle to see players close to their first team coming here.

One player I would liked use to have got on loan from Liverpool was Grujic but it now looks like apart from Ejaria we might not get any more.

We'll get more than Ejaria. That's a certainty.

It's simply a waiting game.

We'll get more than Ejaria. That's a certainty.

It's simply a waiting game.

There may well be but I struggle to see players like Solanke or Woodburn wanting to come up to Scotland.
I would esp love Solanke here but just don’t see it happening.

I have my concerns that all we are being in for midfield and attack are loans also, Arfield is our only signing.
Our defence was honking last season and the season before, however our midfield was equally as bad.

If there are EPL clubs in for him we have zero chance. We do have the pressure of winning week in week out, but the opportunity to play against EPL sides (some of the best in the world) will be far more advantageous developmentally.

Back