Harry Wilson close to a loan move to somewhere

I honestly don't think we will get Solanke especially after reading his comments today and if he was available he would have been here by now.

I don't think he's a level below. I actually think Woodburn's more likely to have the better career.

There's 3 years difference in age at the moment between the two.

Do you see age gap closing mate? :D

All sounds promising though. Really, really want Solanke.

We'll get more than Ejaria. That's a certainty.

It's simply a waiting game.
Waiting for what? We already have three loans, one from Roma, one from Angers, and one from Liverpool. The manager has said that if we qualified for the EC then that could have an effect on our numbers; do you think that may be an influence say if Solanke was to come, or could that be done before then, if he was to come?

Solanke's comments were 3 lines. He will see no football this season at Liverpool and the club want him playing games regularly. That won't happen at Liverpool.

What comments?

Missed that, what were they?

He said: “I’ve got my first goal now so obviously [I want to] build on that, get as many as I can this season and keep improving and help the team as much as I can.

“It always gives you a boost, bringing news players in to help the squad. We had a really good run last year so hopefully they can help us a lot this year.”

That hints to me he's staying at Liverpool.

He said: “I’ve got my first goal now so obviously [I want to] build on that, get as many as I can this season and keep improving and help the team as much as I can.

“It always gives you a boost, bringing news players in to help the squad. We had a really good run last year so hopefully they can help us a lot this year.”

That hints to me he's stay at Liverpool.

Like I said above, 3 meaningless lines. What's he supposed to say when asked the question?

I've noticed a lot of folk with massive, massive over expectations for Solanke.

I actually think he'll sign and will do well, but guys expecting 20 odd goals a season need to calm it.

That hints to me he's stay at Liverpool.
I don't think that we will get Solanke; it wouldn't surprise me if someone a bit more experienced, maybe even permanent, came. I can't see that our forward line would consist of two loanees, and one player who has been linked with a move away, each of them being relatively young players at that. If a more experienced loan came in though, to play alongside Sadiq and Morelos, that may make more sense. The fact that Cummings has joined someone else, and Hardie has gone out on loan may indicate that manager is confident about one more striker coming in.

I agree - there's nothing I've seen of Solanke which makes me believe he is the missing piece in our forward line jigsaw.
I find Solanke very under-rated by people who don't rate him. He has the makings to be a top striker. Given the choice of possible loans, he'd be my pick, by a mile.

I've noticed a lot of folk with massive, massive over expectations for Solanke.

I actually think he'll sign and will do well, but guys expecting 20 odd goals a season need to calm it.

I think he'll rip it up in the SPFL. We are talking about a guy already capped by England and involved at first team level for Liverpool.

He might not be ready for EPL every week yet but I'd expect him to have a similar impact at us to what Tammy Abraham did with Bristol City in The Championship.

That hints to me he's staying at Liverpool.
I don't think Solanke has got a hope in hell of ever properly making it at Liverpool. He'd always just be a squad player at best there. Will never be a first team regular at Anfield IMO.

We need someone to do that and many have increasing doubts about Morelos now.
I agree mate. I am losing faith with Morelos - well I have done since January. He simply can't be our main striker, as I really don't feel he can be relied upon to finish the chances we create.

I had hoped to see a 'different' Morelos on Thursday night but he was just the same as left off last season and looked anything but prolific.

I think he'll rip it up in the SPFL. We are talking about a guy already capped by England and involved at first team level for Liverpool.

He might not be ready for EPL every week yet but I'd expect him to have a similar impact at us to what Tammy Abraham did with Bristol City in The Championship.
Agreed. And btw getting Tammy Abraham would be out of this world. Rated this boy for a while now. Big things ahead for him.

I agree mate. I am losing faith with Morelos - well I have done since January. He simply can't be our main striker, as I really don't feel he can be relied upon to finish the chances we create.

I had hoped to see a 'different' Morelos on Thursday night but he was just the same as left off last season and looked anything but prolific.

He needs help or taken out the team. Too much pressure is on him and him alone.

And, if the manager goes with an interchangeable front 3, then he'll likely be dropped as I don't think he can play out wide truth be told.

And, if the manager goes with an interchangeable front 3, then he'll likely be dropped as I don't think he can play out wide truth be told.
You can't really say that though, because if he was crossing from out wide he would be having to do so for he himself to get on the end of it; in other words, he doesn't have anyone alongside him that is going to get on the end of anything he delivers to the box. If he's going through a barren spell, and he did score against Bury, then he's going the right away about, because he works very hard. His work-rate alone makes his contribution to the team quite valuable as it stands.

The stuff in the final third was dreadful again on Thursday - just looked the same stuff as last season. So that didn't help Morelos to be fair. But he still seemed "off" it in terms of looking like someone we can hang our hat on. Needs addressing asap and needs to be a proper strategy and personnel to do the job in the final third and in and around the box. That is THE critical area and we cannot afford to mess this up again.

Having a more solid defence is all well and good, but when you push and push and have no end product at the other end of the pitch, then it inadvertently begins to put pressure on the defence the longer we continue to struggle in the final third.

The stuff in the final third was dreadful again on Thursday - just looked the same stuff as last season. So that didn't help Morelos to be fair. But he still seemed "off" it in terms of looking like someone we can hang our hat on. Needs addressing asap and needs to be a proper strategy and personnel to do the job in the final third and in and around the box. That is THE critical area and we cannot afford to mess this up again.

Having a more solid defence is all well and good, but when you push and push and have no end product at the other end of the pitch, then it inadvertently begins to put pressure on the defence the longer we continue to struggle in the final third.
I thought in the second half he was more like the player we saw at his high points last season. Even in the first half he was working hard, but in the second he looked far more composed- he was unfortunate not to score from the near edge of the box, and he should have won us a penalty. He caused bother to their defence throughout that second half.

I thought in the second half he was more like the player we saw at his high points last season. Even in the first half he was working hard, but in the second he looked far more composed- he was unfortunate not to score from the near edge of the box, and he should have won us a penalty. He caused bother to their defence throughout that second half.
I hear what you are saying mate - buy I never felt he looked like scoring to be honest.

Whenever the ball is fed into him these days, I have little expectation of him composing himself and getting a shot in to trouble the keeper. I want him to prove me wrong big time, but it'll need a big turnaround from him IMO.

The pressure and expectation on Morelos, a 22 year old who cost under a million pounds, from our support is ridiculous to be honest.

He could do with some support, not just in the team but from fans who seem to expect a 100% conversion rate from him.

No one has stated 100% conversion but what I would expect from our leading striker, would be to have confidence that when he has a chance that he is going to put the ball in the net. I dont have that with Morelos. He has no composure and the less said about his heading ability the better.

McCoist, Negri, Mols, Jelavic - The list could go on

Theres already a Morelos thread which i have chose to avoid after reading a page. Now it has ended up in here ffs

I hear what you are saying mate - buy I never felt he looked like scoring to be honest.

Whenever the ball is fed into him these days, I have little expectation of him composing himself and getting a shot in to trouble the keeper. I want him to prove me wrong big time, but it'll need a big turnaround from him IMO.
The opposition the other night have been under-rated by us, in terms of how organised they were. I watched the match again, and they worked very hard whenever we had the ball; they kept their shape extremely well, and so they must have been fit. Morelos countered that well though, he unsettled them at the back at times, and had we scored earlier, it would have been interesting how different the game might have gone; certainly, just after we scored the second we nearly scored a third. They will have to be more open tomorrow, so we may get more clear cut chances; they can't afford to play the same way next time.

No one has stated 100% conversion but what I would expect from our leading striker, would be to have confidence that when he has a chance that he is going to put the ball in the net. I dont have that with Morelos. He has no composure and the less said about his heading ability the better.

McCoist, Negri, Mols, Jelavic - The list could go on
This, for me.

The pressure and expectation on Morelos, a 22 year old who cost under a million pounds, from our support is ridiculous to be honest.

He could do with some support, not just in the team but from fans who seem to expect a 100% conversion rate from him.

I like Morelos but some of the chances he misses consistently cannot be defended.

At times some of his shooting makes him look like he’s never hit a football before. It’s bizarre

He was outstanding when England won the Under 20 world cup last year.
Loads of players have been stand outs when playing with youth teams. Rarely transfers into them being world beaters when playing with the full teams. Solanke seems to be struggling in the step up.

Loads of players have been stand outs when playing with youth teams. Rarely transfers into them being world beaters when playing with the full teams. Solanke seems to be struggling in the step up.

Liverpool arguably had the best front three in Europe last season. Not breaking into that side means nothing.

Solanke's comments were 3 lines. He will see no football this season at Liverpool and the club want him playing games regularly. That won't happen at Liverpool.

Hope your info is spot on mate and he arrives nearer the end of the window.

Micheal Owen was 18 when he scored 18 goals in his first season for Liverpool. At 20 if Solanke is as good as FF says you would of expected him to make some sort of impact.
He's been used sparringly as a sub as part of the best strike force in Europe in his first proper season in first team fitba. Hopefully he can continue to underwhelm at Liverpool so we can sign him for the season.

Back