Match Thread NK Osijek v Rangers - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

Why cant I pay for Premier sports via direct debit?

There's no way i'm paying by card and having to go through the whole rigmarole to cancel.

After Shkupi, it's difficult to see us suddenly hit the ground running, but SG may have tweaked the team to such an extent that it might just pay off. Any away game in Europe nowadays is full of uncertainty. This is the kind of test we need to show at what level we may be capable of achieving. My guess is the gaffer will want to close the game down and hit on the break. If our midfield gels and controls the game to some degree we could see something special. If not, I'll be pleased with a draw.

Clean sheet is all in looking for, anything else is a bonus.
If Stevie is making the 3 changes everyone is on about i think they will get us a goal.
Fuk 7-45 seems an eternity away!!

Could be very exposed down our right side if Candaies is missing in front of Tavernier.They are very strong down the left side with an absolute flyer on the touch line.If the leaked team is true SG may be going too gung ho in this one .Just hope it doesn't come back to bite him.

I’ll take a team “workmen “like performance,and a score draw,anything else in our favour is a bonus.

0-0 means squeaky bum time at Ibrox. We simply must score.

1-0 or 2-1 to us is what I hope for but 1-1 is no disaster.

In terms of progressing a draw would be okay, but the boost a win would bring would be amazing. We really need to start picking up coefficient points or we’ll have these ridiculous qualifying rounds to deal with for the foreseeable.

We’re good enough to win. Let’s do it Rangers. 1-0 tonight, Goldson the scorer.

Is this going to be on TalkSPORT 2 like the last game?

Just moved and don't have the telly/ internet up and running so was hoping to listen whilst painting.

A very big test for our new manager and his young team; regardless of Osijek's size, Croatian teams are faaaaar better at football than than Scottish teams.

1-1 would be a great result.

Last edited:
Score draw worst case scenario.

^^ hopeful hat on.

Would like to think we'll win both legs but realistically a score draw is the call.

* please win.

Could be very exposed down our right side if Candaies is missing in front of Tavernier.They are very strong down the left side with an absolute flyer on the touch line.If the leaked team is true SG may be going too gung ho in this one .Just hope it doesn't come back to bite him.

Coulibally will take that position and help Tav.

Important we score tonight I feel, but I'm not sure where the goal is coming from.

Maybe one of the centre backs powers in a header from a set play.

Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if Windass came off the bench and scored.

Anyone know how well supported this team are? What does the ground hold and how full is it likely to be?

I'm strangely more confident about tonight than I was last week.

If the rumours are true I'm buzzing to see Coulibaly tonight, I think he's going to be a star man in our midfield this season.

After watching Osijjek in their previous game, I fully expect us to score.

I think we will see a much better performance tonight, looking forward to seeing our new players

A very big test for our new manager and his young team; regardless of Osijek's size, Croatian teams are faaaaar better at football than than Scottish teams.

1-1 would be a great result.
We would be better of with a win mate .a score draw or even a goaless draw leaves the game in the balance

Another weeks training under our belts, squad gelling, systems of play being understood further and new players being introduced.
I'm confident and feel we'll see improvement game by game.
Still a lot more to come from us as we progress.

Swaying a bit on tonight,they are a quick team,move the ball around quickly and play at a pretty high tempo and are very attacking,they have a winger that i think will give us problems if he's not marked tightly,boy up top isn't shy either,they also look a pretty fit team and well organised and will be a hard 90mins.

Totally different team from the last opponents and much better and we will have to be pretty good tonight,play the same way as the previous round and we can say cheerio to the Europa cup for this season.

If we play well then a draw will be a good result away from home,Play poorly and it's a defeat tonight,we don't need to be at our absolute best but will need to be much much better than previous round.

Hard to predict as you don't know what Rangers team will turn up tonight,one that still thinks it's pre-season and lacklustre or one that turns up having brushed the cobwebs off and upped our game to a much better level.

10217464_letsgojersey.jpg

Watching a bit of the Tour de France and this is one of the Jerseys. I'm taking it as a positive omen for tonight:D

I think our primary objective will be to avoid a defeat and keep a clean sheet. That keeps the tie alive for next week. Anything else - and there's a decent chance of it - would be a bonus.

Back