Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'bigger, faster, stronger' blueprint is a one out of three for him. Would rather look elsewhere.

Where do you get an international striker that knows our league for £500k? He is a minimal gamble, any other prospect (even a good one) is a gamble.

Look at Sadiq, big unit and is a Roma player and scored a few in the Dutch league. On paper he is what we need, the reality is he can’t get fit, is not good enough or is not settling and I’m sure we paid a handsome sum for the 1 year loan period as well.

Where do you get an international striker that knows our league for £500k? He is a minimal gamble, any other prospect (even a good one) is a gamble.

Look at Sadiq, big unit and is a Roma player and scored a few in the Dutch league. On paper he is what we need, the reality is he can’t get fit, is not good enough or is not settling and I’m sure we paid a handsome sum for the 1 year loan period as well.

A not very good international striker that knows our league. (David Healy was all the evidence required to prove that the 'international' label can be meaningless). The rest, including the price tag, is speculation.

Personally I'd prefer to gamble on potential rather than use scarce resources on a guy that was OK at best and is now in decline. As for Sadiq, give him time. After all it wasn't so long ago that the majority in here were showing Morelos the door.

Last edited:

FFS...is that Sadiq written off already? This place is mental at times.

He cant get fit?

I suspect SG won’t let this drag out any longer.Hearts either accept the offer or f uck off and we will deal with them on the pitch.We simply shouldn’t be dealing with scummy clubs and their scummy support.

Sadiq played a development game the other night, so has minutes in his legs now. If he doesn’t feature on Sunday, when Morelos could do with a rest ahead of a massive game on Thursday, then it’s a fair assumption that he’s not impressed in training.

FFS...is that Sadiq written off already? This place is mental at times.
Mental indeed
The manager even said he hadn't had pre season so would take time to get up to speed
Think he needs games now but we are hardly going to try him out in a UEFA tie or the sheep away
Then I think with the Morelos sending off we had to make a point by playing him in the next game
I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature v Kilmarnock at some point

There’s no way we can judge Sadiq, he’s not sharp yet and has had about 20 mins.

Sadiq played a development game the other night, so has minutes in his legs now. If he doesn’t feature on Sunday, when Morelos could do with a rest ahead of a massive game on Thursday, then it’s a fair assumption that he’s not impressed in training.

Can’t just swap like for like when we need 3 points he needs to be eased in and he’s still not fit.

Sadiq , like ejaria , are noted for needing a few months to settle in .

Liverpool forums said we wouldn’t see the best of him until around November .

A not very good international striker that knows our league. (David Healy was all the evidence required to prove that the 'international' label can be meaningless). The rest, including the price tag, is speculation.

Personally I'd prefer to gamble on potential rather than use scarce resources on a guy that was OK at best and is now in decline. As for Sadiq, give him time. After all it wasn't so long ago that the majority in here were showing Morelos the door.[/

David Healy might not be the best example as I don’t recollect him scoring against Celtic and being a thorn in their side for 2 seasons running. Did he not come from the Championship, which backs up my point that having a player in that knows our league.

Morelos came in raw and played for us almost immediately. Sadiq is now starting to sound like Pena mk 2 with the fitness talk, give him time to settle etc. If Morelos pulls up this guy is who comes on as our striker, I’m yet to be convinced he can do this.

This is what I'm hoping for actually, liked the look of Hodzic, a player Stevie G will know aswell. Noticed he was on the bench for Zagreb during the week.

Apparently he's been terrible for a year and doesn't get a game. His YouTube video looks brilliant but if you do some digging he's way out of form and the fans want him gone.

I don't think he will be signing.

Ejaria is playing lots of game time not playing for the U 20s against Falkirk.

Can we stop making excuses for Sadiq, heard this all before last year.

If he doesn't feature it would be a fair assumption the manager doesn't think he's ready
To assume he will never be ready is not quite so fair

That part is certainly not true - my sources tell me he's formed an unlikely friendship with Ryan Kent.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

A few months?
Surely Sadiq’s ready to play a game in the Right Said Fred cup again Killie?

Ejaria is playing lots of game time not playing for the U 20s against Falkirk.

Can we stop making excuses for Sadiq, heard this all before last year.

It’s not an excuse , merely pointing out guys that have more in depth knowledge state sadiq will take time to settle .

While ejaria has played he’s been a bit hit and miss , but we should see more consistency from him .

It’s a laugh that people are lining up to have a go a sadiq who’s been here a short while and he’s loan so if he’s no good he goes back to his club , yet we have another player who perpetually unfit or injured yet he’s hardly spoken about .

Why does Morelos need a rest?

I would suggest the opposite.

Why does Morelos need a rest?

I would suggest the opposite.

Emm, Shitty pitch in the right said Fred cup, with one of the biggest games of our season looming, and he’s played a lot of football early in the season.
And our back up striker is Hightower.

It’s not an excuse , merely pointing out guys that have more in depth knowledge state sadiq will take time to settle .

While ejaria has played he’s been a bit hit and miss , but we should see more consistency from him .

It’s a laugh that people are lining up to have a go a sadiq who’s been here a short while and he’s loan so if he’s no good he goes back to his club , yet we have another player who perpetually unfit or injured yet he’s hardly spoken about .

I’m not having a go at him, I’m trying to point out we need a striker who is ready to go. Lafferty ticks this box.

If we sign AN other from elsewhere they could be the same as Sadiq ie not yet fit, not good enough, can’t settle etc

I’m not having a go at him, I’m trying to point out we need a striker who is ready to go. Lafferty ticks this box.

If we sign AN other from elsewhere they could be the same as Sadiq ie not yet fit, not good enough, can’t settle etc

Sounds like you are mate , we’re only 1 league game into the season . Give the guy a break . I’m not opposed to signing lafferty , but I do think we could benefit from 2 real quality signings in midfield and attack

Sounds like you are mate , we’re only 1 league game into the season . Give the guy a break . I’m not opposed to signing lafferty , but I do think we could benefit from 2 real quality signings in midfield and attack

Sorry I genuinely am not writing the Roma guy off but merely looking at the risk factor of not having a second striker ready at this stage.

Emm, Shitty pitch in the right said Fred cup, with one of the biggest games of our season looming, and he’s played a lot of football early in the season.
And our back up striker is Hightower.
He's hit from for about a fortnight. Needs to keep building confidence .

Agree. A couple of goals tomorrow would do him a lot of good.

What if he gets injured which is more likely with the plastic pitch.

Who do we play up top against the russians.

I think we have morelos on the bench at rugby park and start sadiq.

Sorry I genuinely am not writing the Roma guy off but merely looking at the risk factor of not having a second striker ready at this stage.
It's definitely a risk and I think all are aware of it
The solution is not however to take a chance on a signing we are not sure of or to pay one of our rivals over the odds because we are in a panic

It's definitely a risk and I think all are aware of it
The solution is not however to take a chance on a signing we are not sure of or to pay one of our rivals over the odds because we are in a panic

Totally agree but if we are squabbling over £250k when we have a potential of £8m from Europa league revenue it’s a calculated gamble worth taking.

We always need to pay more in Scotland for players as no one wants to sell to us, I’ve no beef with Hearts trying to push the price up as he is doing the business for them.

Totally agree but if we are squabbling over £250k when we have a potential of £8m from Europa league revenue it’s a calculated gamble worth taking.

We always need to pay more in Scotland for players as no one wants to sell to us, I’ve no beef with Hearts trying to push the price up as he is doing the business for them.
I've no beef with Hearts trying to push the price up either. That's how you do or should do business
But we shouldn't pay more than we think he's worth
They don't hold all the cards
He obviously wants to come to us. Who knows how he will react if his move is blocked and he can leave in the summer anyway
I wouldn't take his performance against Celtic as evidence that he won't down tools. He hates them plus he probably wanted to prove to us he is worth signing. Not sure he will put that effort in against the likes of Motherwell or Aberdeen if he's still there in September

Nobody should be needing a rest in August ffs.

Wait until Morelos goes off injured on that shitty synthetic pitch and FF goes into meltdown about Sadiq playing on Thursday.
Seriously, is the Right Said Fred cup worth the risk?
Think about the bigger picture.
We have one back up striker who is a big ? at this point.

I would be interested to know too.
If Hearts play him today, that must surely lessen his fee.
Just a few hours to find out and whether they left him back in Edinburgh.

I think he's already cup tied for the league cup (if that's what you meant by decreasing his value)

Wonder if Hearts want him for today to get to quarter final?
Already cup tied anyway
Risk if injury l know
Assume it is too late to register Lafferty for Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back