Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are hearts fucking us about in the hope we don’t sign anyone else and improve? If the window closes without a striker and CH cover then I can’t say I’ll be happy.

Maybe pull the plug on this one and make it clear to the rest of the spfl clubs we ended it. The business practice of these kinda clubs is almost tedious and childish. I reckon Lafferty would be a good signing but there’s absolutely other players out there with clubs that are easier to negoatiage with.

Are hearts fucking us about in the hope we don’t sign anyone else and improve? If the window closes without a striker and CH cover then I can’t say I’ll be happy.

I would say Hearts are simply looking at one of their key players leaving and recognising he will be difficult for them to replace. They want to maximise what they can get if he goes and if he isn't pushing to force the move, they'll be happy to keep him.

They have little to lose in playing hardball.

I hope we are examining other options as well. You’d have thought his age and desire to return to Rangers would have rendered this as a straightforward transfer obviously not. Hearts are of course entitled to ask for what they consider a fair valuation for their player. As I said I’d imagine we will be exploring other options and then do what our recruitment team believe is best.

The longerthis drags on, the more it looks its not happening for whatever reason.Walk away and move on to the next target.

If Hearts don’t come to an agreement I’d expect Lafferty to develop a niggly hamstring for the next few months.

Offering £200k was not a great start. For any player, we should have a value. Offer 2/3rd of this in initial bid. Increase bids as it suits. If we think KL is worth £650k and Hearts insist on £800k, walk away and announce it.

Share what I said on twitter. Both Clubs have had constructive talks over the last week. That has now been followed up with a formal offer to Hearts. Unlike prior bids it has not been instantly rejected. I know from the Jamie Walker dealings their process is to sit with the Board including Budge and Levein to decide on rubber stamping. Hearts allowed Lafferty to undergo a medical prior to any formal agreement. I think that gives an indication how much further matters progressed. I can't see this going on beyond tomorrow.

Lafferty and Hearts had a understanding that they would not stand in his way if Hearts go a fair deal. Lafferty confirmed he wants the move, but understands Hearts position. I.E if the offer is a good one which it appears to be for them to not immediately reject it, then they run that risk of Lafferty becoming annoyed if he feel Hearts are blocking what he would consider fair. I don't think it will come to that. I think Stevie will want this done and him in as a wild card for Thursday after losing Murphy.

Share what I said on twitter. Both Clubs have had constructive talks over the last week. That has now been followed up with a formal offer to Hearts. Unlike prior bids it has not been instantly rejected. I know from the Jamie Walker dealings their process is to sit with the Board including Budge and Levein to decide on rubber stamping. Hearts allowed Lafferty to undergo a medical prior to any formal agreement. I think that gives an indication how much further matters progressed. I can't see this going on beyond tomorrow.

Lafferty and Hearts had a understanding that they would not stand in his way if Hearts go a fair deal. Lafferty confirmed he wants the move, but understands Hearts position. I.E if the offer is a good one which it appears to be for them to not immediately reject it, then they run that risk of Lafferty becoming annoyed if he feel Hearts are blocking what he would consider fair. I don't think it will come to that. I think Stevie will want this done and him in as a wild card for Thursday after losing Murphy.

The end is nigh

Patient Bear is getting very impatient.

If he's not signed by tomorrow night we should pull the plug and look elsewhere. It would send a message to SPL clubs to stop trying to mess us about.

If he isn’t here for this game on Thursday then Hearts should be told to %^*& off.
The longer we leave this the more difficult teams will be to deal with.
The fact we are still arguing over a few hundred thousand is a bit concerning esp after what we saw what happened to the Tim’s with McGinn.

For the money SG has been given he has worked wonders , the board though have only spent 5m net this window, I think it about time they gave SG some cash to get the players he needs something he has been expecting soon for the last 3 weeks.

If he isn’t here for this game on Thursday then Hearts should be told to %^*& off.
The longer we leave this the more difficult teams will be to deal with.
The fact we are still arguing over a few hundred thousand is a bit concerning esp after what we saw what happened to the Tim’s with McGinn.

For the money SG has been given he has worked wonders , the board though have only spent 5m net this window, I think it about time they gave SG some cash to get the players he needs something he has been expecting soon for the last 3 weeks.

£5million net? Are you telling us you know how much we’ve paid in transfer fees, loan fees, agents fees etc? Or are you just making up a lowball number to have a go at the board?

Thanks for sharing, good to know that we should now be entering end game on this. The injury to Murphy absolutely gives this added urgency to get it over the line, simply no good for us of it drags on any longer than this week. Need players in asap and I would welcome Laff back happily, although understandably the enthusiasm from a lot of us has dulled a bit whilst we wait on yet another SPL club playing funny buggers.

£5million net? Are you telling us you know how much we’ve paid in transfer fees, loan fees, agents fees etc? Or are you just making up a lowball number to have a go at the board?
5 million net sounds about right considering what we know.

We can only go off reported figures and will never know agent fees etc.

You go by the fees announced. Our net spend is around about 5 mill. Pedro got 10.
This is the time when Celtic have a bit of trouble to strike.
SG deserves at least the same transfer budget to spend as Pedro and we have 10 days left.
SG has been expecting this CH and striker soon for the last 3 weeks and nothing has happened.

So yes if the board don’t get him what he wants I will be critical of them especially after the money they wasted on two dud managers to then appoint someone as good as SG and give him such a small budget is a fucking waste and will have a massive affect on our chances of winning the league.
Even this early picking up suspensions and injuries due to the cluggers in this league and the shit refs.

If the board find the funds to back the manager for what he wants I will give them praise, if they don’t they deserve the criticism.

We cocked up the Walker deal at our end for the better to be honest.
He had already cleared his locker at HMFC.
He had to go back to them with his tail between his legs.

Their hard nose negotiation and movement of goalposts ended up costing them £500k and an unhappy player.

Looks like they’re going down the same road again from the outside.

I was hoping he'd be signed before the deadline and a new centre half added to the squad as the wildcard.

Have you heard anything with regards to a centre half coming in?

Sounds about right - he'll grudgingly nod 'Hello'. His wife is happy to stop and chat.

It doesn’t make him a bad person.

Since we moved here three years ago I nod to the odd neighbour and that’s it . I don’t know any names , what they do , nothing . That’s how I like it .

I don’t chat , I dont show any interest in them whatsoever , don’t share beers over the garden fence or whatever the fcuk “ good neighbours “ are meant to do .

Maybe laffert is similar and just doesn’t like all the small talk and cringeworthy claptrap people who feel the need to “ stop and chat “ have to say to each other . To me they are just gossip hungry nosey bastards .

Let’s get him signed and move on .

Since we moved here three years ago I nod to the odd neighbour and that’s it . I don’t know any names , what they do , nothing . That’s how I like it .

I don’t chat , I dont show any interest in them whatsoever , don’t share beers over the garden fence or whatever the fcuk “ good neighbours “ are meant to do .

Maybe laffert is similar and just doesn’t like all the small talk and cringeworthy claptrap people who feel the need to “ stop and chat “ have to say to each other . To me they are just gossip hungry nosey bastards .

Moody antisocial bar steward.... :p

I was hoping he'd be signed before the deadline and a new centre half added to the squad as the wildcard.

Have you heard anything with regards to a centre half coming in?

You can add two wild card per round. Last I heard they were still trying to get Jack Simpson on loan from Bournemouth even thought they were initally reluctant to part with him.

Ffs what a treat you are. Miserable swine :D

I think they are talking about Levein btw.

Kindred spirit.

You'll want to settle down?

Hobo Loyal

KGrHqJ_poE9mBB_rFOBPp_-Dn2n_48_20_grande.jpg

[QUOTE="BrownBrogues, post: 2026457, member: 8389"]You can add two wild card per round. Last I heard they were still trying to get Jack Simpson on loan from Bournemouth even thought they were initally reluctant to part with him.[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't realise that, cheers.

This is getting a bit boring now. We massively underbid for him, which is perfectly fine to do initially, but now it's time to meet hearts valuation. We have the money. Anything less than 1 million is good business. Get it done Rangers.

This deal has been close for like 3 weeks now. I guess if the measurement is in astronomical units then it is close. :D

19 pages spanning a week Still close? I'm surprised the thread has been allowed to remain for as long as it has

This is getting a bit boring now. We massively underbid for him, which is perfectly fine to do initially, but now it's time to meet hearts valuation. We have the money. Anything less than 1 million is good business. Get it done Rangers.

I'm not sure simply meeting the selling clubs initial valuation is the way to go. It's not how I'd buy a car or purchase a house for example.

We try and get him on the cheap and then up our offer to what we are willing to pay - which may not, necessarily, be what they value him at. If they don't accept - or they prevaricate for too long - then we move on to alternatives. As far as I'm concerned we have probably already passed that point - I'd be moving on.

Lafferty certainly isn't worth the £1m you mention (or even £999k;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back