Match Thread Rangers v Ayr United - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

The Robbie Crawford who played for us is now with an Icelandic(?) team alongside Steven Lennon.

Couldn't make it tonight because of work and last minute dramas. So on this thread for updates.

My first at home for a long time.

Mon Gers let's get this done and in style.

This was the Rangers line up when we last faced Ayr United at Ibrox, 5 years ago.

Bell, Faure, Wallace, Black, McCulloch, Mohsni, Peralta, MacLeod, Clark, Daly, Aird

(edit)

giphy.gif

Chuffed to bits to see Dorran’s starting. Rossiter on the bench as well and all of a sudden we have some healthy options for our midfield 3.

Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Ejaria, Halliday, Dorrans, Rossiter, McCrorie.

Any 3 from those could start and I would be very happy.

Alfredo needs a goal tonight to keep him ticking over, keep his confidence up.
Let’s see how Katic and Worral gel.

Few interesting things to see tonight, let’s hope posters give some actual detail in updates to keep us informed of how we are playing.

I've been slating posters for including Grezda in their teams saying he wasn't even involved in the squad thanks to @m@x on here posting the supposed squad and saying Grezda wasn't in it. Ah well, not everyone can get it right all of the time. My apologies to all I castigated.

As for the team itself, a pleasant surprise to see Dorrans fit enough to start; he could yet turn out a very important player for us. Also surprised to see Halliday start at left-back rather than Wallace. Halliday will, as always, give of his best but I think we all know that he's better further forward. I thought Kent might get a rest and Candeias a start but it shouldn't really affect the overall shape of the team.

Tougher night ahead than many forecast I think, especially in what will seem like a half-empty and flat Ibrox (probably still get around 30k there, which is damned good). Should still be good enough to win 2-0.

That's a very young team as well. I think 7 players under 22?
Actually apart from Alfredo I think the other 6 are under 21?
The future is bright.

Alfredo needs a goal tonight to keep him ticking over, keep his confidence up.
Let’s see how Katic and Worral gel.

Few interesting things to see tonight, let’s hope posters give some actual detail in updates to keep us informed of how we are playing.
It'll be posts full of 'FFS', 'Never a foul', 'Knew that would happen' and 'Yassssssssssssssssss' as per usual.

Least the last comment tends to indicate good news, so that one's not bad :D

Connor Goldson in full trackie and hoodie.

Guessing on bench for emergencies only

8 players in the sub warm up. Floppy haired kid. Cammy Palmer ?

Back