Match Thread Rangers v Ayr United - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv Only

I've been slating posters for including Grezda in their teams saying he wasn't even involved in the squad thanks to @m@x on here posting the supposed squad and saying Grezda wasn't in it. Ah well, not everyone can get it right all of the time. My apologies to all I castigated.

As for the team itself, a pleasant surprise to see Dorrans fit enough to start; he could yet turn out a very important player for us. Also surprised to see Halliday start at left-back rather than Wallace. Halliday will, as always, give of his best but I think we all know that he's better further forward. I thought Kent might get a rest and Candeias a start but it shouldn't really affect the overall shape of the team.

Tougher night ahead than many forecast I think, especially in what will seem like a half-empty and flat Ibrox (probably still get around 30k there, which is damned good). Should still be good enough to win 2-0.

Someone further up had wondered if it was Flanagan left side and McCrorie at right back with Halliday in midfield. Think the formation that you are expecting is more likely but the alternative is a possibility.

Someone further up had wondered if it was Flanagan left side and McCrorie at right back with Halliday in midfield. Think the formation that you are expecting is more likely but the alternative is a possibility.

Hadn't thought of that. It's a possibility but, as you suggest, it would be a 'surprise'.

image.jpg

Looks a very descent crowd indeeed for such a drab , driech depressing evening . Well done bears

We've certainly taken control of the match to the most part. Still, Ayr are getting a chance or two and we need to stop that happening. McGregor having to pull off a decent save there - something we've not yet managed to force their keeper into.

Some of the passes are just being hit too hard. Making it difficult to control. Maybe just need to dial it back a bit - I know some of these players don't often get a start and will be looking to impress but calm is needed.

Back