Loser who threw the object

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, point taken but that ‘siege’ mentality only spawns actions like today, ‘%^*& the SFA’ chants and general bad behaviour by fans when they interact with Joe Public.....

Is it not a Millwall chant anyway?

I'm in my 40's mate and we've sang it for as long as I remember

You'd think it was the people on here that had been coined the way you go on, people comparing a grown-man linesman hit with a coin to a kid being hit with a bottle

and no i'm not defending them, it was probably just a drunk lout and all of you have shouted about it so much that it's a big incident now

Aye, something that’s happened live on TV and been reported on National News is only a big incident because of Follow Follow.

He won't get six months or anything close to that.

So the scumbag who bottled the young Gers fan last season, was that just a moment of idiocy?
No. Obviously not, that's a far more serious crime, nobody just happens to have a glass bottle sitting in their pocket they can spontaneously launch at someone in an act of idiocy.

Fact that bastard hasn't been found and the lack of media furore surrounding that issue surely suggests the there's a lack of disparity on how we are treated by the media and the authorities? Or am I wrong?

You'd think it was the people on here that had been coined the way you go on, people comparing a grown-man linesman hit with a coin to a kid being hit with a bottle

and no i'm not defending them, it was probably just a drunk lout and all of you have shouted about it so much that it's a big incident now

It's a big incident because it happened on live TV, not because its been discussed on a football forum

It was amazing both ways Papac.

Have you ever seen BBC National News highlight that a player or official got coined ? It’s obviously a disgrace but to show that on National BBC news amazed me. Sinister.

It’s the mentally challenged web at work. But we brought it on ourselves.

Ridiculous what happened today, that sort of shit has no place at games.

In a wider prospective, you see coins getting thrown when players are at corners etc in a large amount of games all throughout the season and nothing gets done. Even though these coins missed ‘intended targets’ should those persons be treated in the same way?

Frankly, yes.

Genuinely don’t know how many times I have to say this but No, I don’t think someone throwing a coin should be arrested. Hardly crime of the century. He shouldn’t have done it and should have a talking to by his mates definately.
Seriously

Your a strange strange poster.He deserves every fucking thing he gets.He's an out of control imbecile.
Nobody should be throwing anything at anyone at the football but the mhedia didnt exactly go ott when the tramps recently played St Johnstone and after they scored and s a scum fan threw a flare onto the pitch..do the mhedia have footage of the scum fan that threw that as Im pretty sure the Police said they would be coming down hard on anyone that had flares and threw them at football matches.

Just hope this clown is identified, named and shamed and banned.

Shit like that we can well do without, as it only reflects badly on the club.

Nobody should be throwing anything at anyone at the football but the mhedia didnt exactly go ott when the tramps recently played St Johnstone and after they scored and s a scum fan threw a flare onto the pitch..do the mhedia have footage of the scum fan that threw that as Im pretty sure the Police said they would be coming down hard on anyone that had flares and threw them at football matches.

Throwing a flare which injures nobody isn't comparable to bursting a linesman's dome though is it?

Drawing blood is more of a story than burnt grass.

Let's imagine the tosser (no pun intended) had done this at a European game, rather than a SPFL game.

What would the implications be for the club and fans?

A huge fine for the club?
Fans banned from attending one or more games?
The club getting thrown out of the European competition (and potentially losing millions)?

I would suggest at least 1, possibly all 3 of the above would happen. In which case, how many would be happy to defend the arsehole?

The guy probably has a log in for here and is enjoying his 10 pages of fame.

I'm still at a loss to why you would scud the assistant. It's not like he was giving poor decisions that cost us. We cost ourselves a result today.

Unless the lad shagged yer misses.

Hope the AR gets a speedie recovery but any 50/50 he gets to call in future when officiating will go against us.

Let's imagine the tosser (no pun intended) had done this at a European game, rather than a SPFL game.

What would the implications be for the club and fans?

A huge fine for the club?
Fans banned from attending one or more games?
The club getting thrown out of the European competition (and potentially losing millions)?

I would suggest at least 1, possibly all 3 of the above would happen. In which case, how many would be happy to defend the arsehole?

Probably the same cretins (only in reality 15%) that are defending the coin thrower now. Of course they are more staunch than the rest of us.

Throwing a flare which injures nobody isn't comparable to bursting a linesman's dome though is it?

Drawing blood is more of a story than burnt grass.

I've already said the guy shouldn't have thrown anything! The police consider throwing flares to be a very serious matter actually mate granted the flare thrown at their match didn't hit anyone but it could have and that's the issue.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45275563

We have had plenty of objects thrown at our players and nobody cares and there is never any footage either but because this is a Rangers fan the media have gone ott about it.

At Rugby Park too.

Seriously

If you read the full thread and all of rfc jonnya's posts you will see rfcjonnya after this, does realise that more than a talking to by his mates is needed.
Cannae believe people are defending this. The guy is a knuckledragger. He fucked us over.

Iv'e not seen one person on here defending it.

Iv'e seen different views on the severity of the punishment and different versions of the sanity of the person who did it.

But no-one defending it.

Totally predictable thread. Same excuses being rolled out trying to defend this moron. Needs found and banned.

As for trying to justify it. Get a grip. Pretending because someone else did something it somehow makes it all right. It doesn’t ever. If something is wrong when they do it it then it is wrong when we do it.

Can we be ars*d with mealy mouthed excuses. This person is a total nutjob we do not need that type of fan.

I've already said the guy shouldn't have thrown anything! The police consider throwing flares to be a very serious matter actually mate granted the flare thrown at their match didn't hit anyone but it could have and that's the issue.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45275563

We have had plenty of objects thrown at our players and nobody cares and there is never any footage either but because this is a Rangers fan the media have gone ott about it.

Again, his head was cut open, its more of a story because of it, unfortunately.

This is not about the media, them or anyone else outside our support.
This is about us as a support saying people like this are not wanted in our support.

Many thanks for putting me right..so kind of you
Not sure why you are being sarcastic, it's true and it says more about us as a support.
I read on the record earlier about how the online support were calling for him to be found and punished.

A moment of madness following the linesman refusing to give a foul for their guy forcing a Candeias off the park in an attempt to shield a ball that was about 10 feet away from him

Never know, maybe officials will start to fear giving calls against us.

It worked wonders for the bheasts.

I suspect the guy will be identified and banned

Shouldn’t have done it but don’t grass on the boy who was probably caught up in emotion. Fück potentially getting one of our own plastered all over the media etc and losing their jobs for a moment of emotionally charged actions.

I, and many other people get emotionally charged. I’ve never ever considered throwing a coin at anybody. I’m pretty sure most other people also manage to refrain hemselves

That’s a ridiculous excuse for scummy behaviour. There is no defending it

Rangers security chiefs will ask their Livingston counterparts for CCTV footage in a bid to help identify the culprit who targeted linesman Calum Spence with a missile.

The Ibrox side’s clash with Livi at the Tony Macaroni Arena was held up for several minutes after the assistant referee was struck.

The incident occurred around 15 minutes into the second half when an object was thrown from the East Stand housing the travelling Gers support.

Spence had to be treated by Lions physio Andy MacKenzie after sustaining a wound to the back of his head. But he was able to continue and saw out the match, which Gary Holt’s side won 1-0 thanks to a Dolly Menga winner.

Gers chiefs are now set to contact Livingston’s security officers to offer assistance in tracking down the person responsible. After the match, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard condemned the ugly scenes.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....porter-who-threw-object-at-official-1-4807465

Good night all.

I shall rest on we are looking for a idiot, who is a out of control imbecile and a total nut job. Who might, just might, really regret his actions and realise what it means to others what he did today.

As Mad/Sensible john says. Let's just catch him and punish him "accordingly".

Night.

You had folk on here defending that wee dick after the video was posted from the Shkupi away game in July, so its no surprise to read the attempted deflections on here by bringing mentally challenged misdemeanors of the past into it. Leave coin throwing to the bheasts, a cont that behaves like this should be made well aware there not welcome from other bears.

Not sure why you are being sarcastic, it's true and it says more about us as a support.
I read on the record earlier about how the online support were calling for him to be found and punished.

I have said twice now that this guy shouldn't have thrown anything and nobody should be throwing anything at football matches. The point about the media is a valid one. We have had players previously hit by objects thrown at them and that hasn't garnered the attention this has.
Do I think the guy should be banned- yes I do but, I don't think he should be jailed at all as that is frankly over the top.

The only way the culprit in this disgrace might find a modicum of respect would be if he took the initiative and handed himself in.
I suspect he will probably be identified.
However, if he was sensible and brave enough to do the right thing, he might also ensure he gets through this without a custodial sentence.

Unlike the bheasts who got away with hitting Dallas with a coin and Ricksen with a lighter this fella will be found and dealt with. Can we not just leave it at that? The clamour on here to find out who the guy is and effectively ruin his life for an act of idiocy while claiming he's not a Rangers fan etc is holier-than-thou nonsense
Spot on comment mate.

This boys face will be plastered across all media stations tomorrow. He will no doubt get in bother at work if not the sack and fellow supporters want to aid in tht because of a moment of madness. I know I would rather not do the medias job for them.

He's scum. Plain and simple.

Rangers don't need his type dragging the club down.

He deserves EVERYTHING that comes his way.

Got it In the neck tonight at our local .... total embarrassment surely this muppet can be found and banned.
However other teams fans believe their whiter than white when it comes to anything Rangers related !!!!

We have a huge PR war to win after all the shit we have been through the last few years.

It's all well saying "no one likes us, we don't care" but these days that will only go against us. Fact is we are the most hated club and support in Scotland by far.

I'm gonna get grief for this I'm sure but Rangers should be issuing a statement tomorow about this prick of a fan and promising he will be found and banned. (None of the poet lighter thrower fake promises) Do it, and ban him.

Then we as fans should do something as a group to apologise. Yes he is one guy. But no matter what he is a bear like we all are and we all makes stupid mistakes at times.

Whether that is a fund raiser to raise a couple of hundred quid or whatever we simply must try win this PR war. The poets are the lowest of the low in every way. But their PR image makes them seem like everyone's best friend.

We don't need to kiss everyone's ass like them but we must improve our image or it will absolutely affect our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back