Loser who threw the object

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but i only care about the results right now

As far as I’m concerned this determination to be seen as angels that do no wrong is the kind of love me love me attitude the bheasts have

This.

I'm hoping yesterday was just a bit of over confidence and a blip, two big games this week to focus on

just shut up! There are times on this board I read this and think .. why! this is one of these times! You don't need to give me a rundown on the law as over the last week wrote to the Lord Advocate regarding the Law and anti Protestant hate crime and the Justice Minister and the collapse of the Effigies trial.

You don't know this guy's intent unless you happened to be standing beside him at the time and he turned to you and he told you his intent!

I've said more than a few times this guy is an idiot and has no place in our support!
Please tell me you don't truly belie this?

If he did not intend to hit the linesman with a coin, why did he throw it?

Had to nip out and came back in and thought i would go through comments/thread since i went out. Might reply again or might not then i came across this and im commenting straight away before i get to end of thread since i've been out.

That's a weird comment sir.

As a travelling man I wouldn't want anything to do with anyone who disgraces our club. Just saying I wouldn't want to sit beside him anywhere.

Come on you're being silly now.

Sure the is over reaction on the thread and I agree with you that 3 years for this would be overkill.
Throwing a coin with the intent to injure deserves a custodial sentence and banned from every ground in Britain.

The question is how long is the sentence. 1-6 months.

I'm not being " silly" the person would probably walk from as there appears to be a two-tier system of justice in this country. You don't know what his previous is ( if he has any) and the court might give him a community order or a restriction of liberty order.

Wit?

Who is it that sponsors the likes of Osijek, Aris, Lech Poznan, Spartak Moscow & Panathinaikos?

Their country doesnt despise them. Thats the difference. The negatives they bring to their game are not amplified ten times over because of who they are and what they stand for.

We cant be bringing this sort of negativity to the club on such a regular basis then expect lucrative sponsorship deals. Surely you understand that

Well done cretin it's totally wrong but when they start going to town on everyone else then they can judge us,it's 13 yrs since the Ricksen lighter throwing incident still waiting on them been condemned in fact some said Ricksen asked for it.

I'm not being " silly" the person would probably walk from as there appears to be a two-tier system of justice in this country. You don't know what his previous is ( if he has any) and the court might give him a community order or a restriction of liberty order.
Sure that may well happen given the random sentences given out in the country, but he should for sure be arrested, made to stand in front of a judge and be punished for it.
Not just given a talking to like some are suggesting.
We as a support should be a t the forefront to bring him to justice and not hide it away as if it did not happen.

Nobody should get 3 years for throwing a coin as suggested on this thread and that's what I was reacting too.
Cool, yeah 3 years does sound steep. 6 months maybe who knows man. He might be a proper little Begbie for all we know out on tag. we can only speculate till hes caught. I personally think he deserves more than a fine. Funny enough as im typing this, yesterdays game just came on Breakfast telly lol, no mention of the coin throwing. Just about Gerrards 1st defeat. Check this video of line-o being hit, looks like ref took players off the pitch.

Ive said forget the result for 5mins not forget it entirely

Ive also listed the major issues caused by not one but a number of fans in recent weeks/months

We have no influence over the team selections but we can make a difference within our own fanbase

I can’t forget that crap I witnessed yesterday for 5 mins tbh, especially not to ponder on a couple of idiots.

Manchester was a major incident, these are just incidents. They happen everywhere - it’s just there is a media campaign to highlight ours.

We can do nothing about this campaign so I will choose to focus on the football whilst not agreeing with idiots throwing coins.

Just seen the video of the guy throwing something at the linesman and he hasn't been identified?

Do the decent thing and man up!

As I have said before the guy is a prick!! and those shield him are pricks!! and those who back what he has done are pricks!!...This excuse for a sensible human being who calls himself a Rangers fan, has now gave ammunition to our haters and we have plenty of them in this country and I can assure you they will use it...I would love to have 5 mins in a room with him...….F UCKING KNOB!!!!!!!

We will always has 1 fan or a few,who dont cover themselves in glory like every club around the globe.
Baseball
American football
Icehockey
Basketball teams around the globe have there problem fans..
I watched a rangers team get beat easily by a wee team. If we do and it could happen,get beat by hearts its GAME OVER .. Iim more worried about our Jekyll & Hyde performences... ..
Ps thats why we have cctv in stadiums dont do the police jobs for them..
A few weeks ago we had the sos fb page wanting fans to name n shame n get 2 guys who were wearing rangers colours while being plebs atca mcdonalds.. ITS NOT ON SORRY

I hope the cunt gets absolutely hammered for it. Singing "fuck the SFA" after it was a total riddy too.

The people trying to defend the guy on here should have a word with themselves, I hope the fucking idiot never gets to attend one of our games again.

If he's a first time prick, then named, shamed and banned. If he turns out to be a serial prick, then throw the book at him in court and give him what he deserves. Sorry, but the club can do without idiots like this in our 'support'.

Not buying this talk of it being a "moment of idiocy/madness /whatever". It was a premeditated assault by a scumbag ned. An incident like this is the evidence they'll use to push through strict liability.

I hope the cunt gets absolutely hammered for it. Singing "fuck the SFA" after it was a total riddy too.

The people trying to defend the guy on here should have a word with themselves, I hope the fucking idiot never gets to attend one of our games again.
Nobody I can see has "defended him" but there has been a discussion on the appropriate punishment he should get.

Theres enough been said on the scumbag who threw it but it genuinely saddens me there is so called fans amongst us defending his actions. What have we become to think that behaviour like that is acceptable?? These same hypocritical folk would be up in arms if the poets done the same and probably were when the young boys were glassed etc. Have a f**kin word with yourselves

Don’t want this wee kid-on hard man sitting next to me supporting Rangers, or anyone else who thinks it’s a laugh to lob a coin.
He’s brought shame on the Club and should be punished.
What if the next opposing fan chucks something at Stevie G causing injury thinking it’s ok as we do it. He won’t be here long if he gets that kind of treatment.

That was a different time. Social medias killed any hope of them returning stone dead.

We cant be bringing this sort of negativity to the club on such a regular basis then expect lucrative sponsorship deals. Surely you understand that

Utter tripe.

Lucrative deals? Playing in Scotland these days when we have the EPL next door and multiple other countries leagues, of a much higher standard, readily available on TV, pretty much killed any lucrative deals. Money talks, if they can shift what they want to and get a good enough deal then not much else matters.

I'm sure these companies, who use sweatshops and child labour really don't give two fecks about yesterday.

Not that I'm in anyway condoning the prick who flung the object.

This picture doesn't tally will the one I've just seen and paused on last night's BBC news.

The guy giving treatment has grey shaven hair on TV.
His top is also grey with white piping, is there blue on the above picture?
There also seems to be a lot more blood.

Has the picture been doctored?

Maybe it's my eyes, plus my total distrust of anything about The Rangers portrayed by media outlets in Scotland ?

Theres enough been said on the scumbag who threw it but it genuinely saddens me there is so called fans amongst us defending his actions. What have we become to think that behaviour like that is acceptable?? These same hypocritical folk would be up in arms if the poets done the same and probably were when the young boys were glassed etc. Have a f**kin word with yourselves
I must have missed people defending his actions on this thread mate. I've seen discussions about possible punishments but nobody defending his actions. which posters are you talking about?

This is now being highlighted on Sky.

Earlier on this season we had Sky reporting to the watching world how 2 Osijek fans had been stabbed at Ibrox.

Then we also had the world watching as a diddy run on to the park to confront Brown at Ibrox.

The 2016 Cup Final was told as us invading the park to attack Hibs supporters “celebrating”.

Anybody down south will still view us as this hooligan support who let’s face it have a reputation which probably only Millwall come close to having.

We have supporters who give our club a bad name and we also have the problem of a media only too willing to jump on any indiscretion and highlight it to all and sundry.

Not that I'm in anyway condoning the prick who flung the object.

This picture doesn't tally will the one I've just seen and paused on last night's BBC news.

The guy giving treatment has grey shaven hair on TV.
His top is also grey with white piping, is there blue on the above picture?
There also seems to be a lot more blood.

Has the picture been doctored?

Maybe it's my eyes, plus my total distrust of anything about The Rangers portrayed by media outlets in Scotland ?

I think you are trying to look for something that isn't there to justify the actions of some %^*& nugget in our support.

There was a fair bit of bloody from the back of his head yesterday which you can see when watching the game live on Sky yesterday.

The guy should be banned from attending Rangers games for life and anyone who supports his actions should think about not attending any of our games in the future because you are just as bad.

I think you are trying to look for something that isn't there to justify the actions of some %^*& nugget in our support.

There was a fair bit of bloody from the back of his head yesterday which you can see when watching the game live on Sky yesterday.

The guy should be banned from attending Rangers games for life and anyone who supports his actions should think about not attending any of our games in the future because you are just as bad.

I don't the poster is trying to justify the actions of the coin thrower at all. I think he was simply trying to point out he thinks the media might have hyped this up and the picture looks different.

Way over the top. Yes it's moronic behaviour from one person but that's all it was. You can't stop that sort of thing happening. No one is condoning it and the only people that will have a go at us as a fan base for it are ones that will have a go at us no matter what we do. Like it or no but unfortunately we are hated in this country by anyone who isn't a supporter. The main concern about yesterday was the result and performance and not the actions of one individual out of thousands of people.

I don't the poster is trying to justify the actions of the coin thrower at all. I think he was simply trying to point out he thinks the media might have hyped this up and the picture looks different.

Picture doesn't look different. There is no conspiracy here, there is no need to make the picture different. The incident looked horrendous at the time and still is. The lines initially had a small amount of blood but as the camera kept focusing on him more blood came out.

Lets stop trying to turn this round to the media and some conspiracy.

This fan made it easy for the media to attack our support with his cowardly and thuggish behavior.

Forget the result yesterday for 5mins. Yes it was disappointing, yes 2 stoppage time goals in earlier away games have seriously cost us and yes Stevie G and our players have got it badly wrong on Sun.
The fan focus right now should be on bettering our image as a Football club.

For those of you not caring what others (media, general public) think, you are living in the wrong age. Social media has ensured the blooded linos head will be newsworthy to anyone interested worldwide and when you take into account recent disorder incidents in Macedonia, Maribor, Aberdeen and the home ties v Osijnek and Wigan, we've got some serious off field issues that need addressed

The likes of Adidas Nike etc will not come near us with a barge pole as long as this negative publicity continues to circulate

So where do we go from here?

1) We start by identifying culprits to Rangers or authorities and banning those on forums more concerned about abusing potential 'grasses' as they put it and defending the indefensible. This isnt a scheme or a pub or a jail or a school playground this is our football club and its reputation's being dragged through the mud on a national and on todays showings international scale

2) we need the club to issue strong statements condemning this behaviour. Leave the sneaky silent approach to that club in the East end. I get it we're still waiting on names for the two kids who were bottled at Hampden, the lighter thrown at ricksen, Dallas coin attack etc. Let that be their approach. We need to show more class here

3) For all supporters buses, groups of pals that travel together if you've got a boy going to the game eith you whos a fu**king headcase and hes had too much drink and whatever else and is quite clearly going to make a c**t of themselves then have a word, watch him closely

Nobody cheered louder yesterday than the likes of Celtic, Hibs amd Aberdeen fans who seen our club let itself down on two fronts yesterday. Forget the faux outrage, they can now use that blooded image as an arguement settler for years to come

Recently we have had foodbank donations piling in, a sucessful armed forces celebration and our matchday fan zones coming along just nicely yet all thats become a distant memory because of yet another embarressment

Gloves off Bears. Time to tackle the neds head on and reclaim our club back. It may not be in your nature to report matters but if you care about the club you'll see past that

tackle the neds? I take you to think we have major issues then and yesterday wasn't a guy behaving like a twat? I would ask you though what have you done about opposing fans that throw coins or bottles at our players and supporters? Have you contacted the authorities and asked them what they are doing about that?

Isn't that the guy to the side and behind him clapping?
watch it a few times mate, one guys clapping yeah but the guy who throws it raises his clenched fist if you look carefully.

I apologise your right, its not the best video. it think its the contrasts on my screen but yeah ive watched it again and it is the guy behind him. Doesnt take anything away from the guy throwing it though in my opinion, ok he didnt raise his fist like i said, but i still hold the opinion he needs jail of some length. Until people do , it will carry on for years. regardless what actual team the fan supports. I doubt youll ever stop it but harsher consequences will help abit surely

Last edited:
Picture doesn't look different. There is no conspiracy here, there is no need to make the picture different. The incident looked horrendous at the time and still is. The lines initially had a small amount of blood but as the camera kept focusing on him more blood came out.

Lets stop trying to turn this round to the media and some conspiracy.

This fan made it easy for the media to attack our support with his cowardly and thuggish behavior.

The poster that posted the comment thinks it does so, your "points" should be aimed at him.

Named, shamed and banned please. Hopefully pulled up by the Police but given their history at not being able to identify others around the Country I fear he will get away Scot Free.

Isn't that the guy to the side and behind him clapping?
you are right Kuwaitbear ive edited my post, i think it was the contrast on my screen, clearer looked like him but ive messed about and your spot on mate. Its still dodgy as, and he should be banned for life and jail in my opinion

I must have missed people defending his actions on this thread mate. I've seen discussions about possible punishments but nobody defending his actions. which posters are you talking about?
Some guy jonnyya i read a couple of his posts and that was enough for me, never went through entire thread but from what i seen he seems to be defending the scumbag? Am i wrong?

Doesnt take anything away from the guy throwing it though in my opinion, ok he didnt raise his fist like i said, but i still hold the opinion he needs jail of some length. Until people do , it will carry on for years. regardless what actual team the fan supports. I doubt youll ever stop it but harsher consequences will help abit surely

Of course it doesn't take anything away. You will never be able to stop people from doing things like this.

As I said in another post, Scotland, Britain even, is awash with people who will get puggled and commit random acts of violence. It happens every single day. Even though I do think this guy will serve time, the threat of jail has little to no effect on these types of twats.

Some guy jonnyya i read a couple of his posts and that was enough for me, never went through entire thread but from what i seen he seems to be defending the scumbag? Am i wrong?

Mate, I have not seen one poster on here defending the thrower. Jonnya and others disagreed about what should happen to him but that was it, then others caught a whiff of mob mentality.

I hope this idiot either owns up either to Rangers, if he finds that easier, or directly to the police. If he has to be sought out and then arrested then it will be worse for him.
Either way he has to be found and dealt with.

Like the club or the fans needed any more reason for the press to hammer us. Utter stupidity, scumbag behaviour.

YOU think wrong then...fu(king idiot.

How is myself asking questions about a still picture attempting to justify this nobheads actions?

I called him a prick how's that supporting him?

Where have you been the past six years..You don't think things can be manipulated to make things look a lot different...See the BBC and Ally for that?

Mate, I have not seen one poster on here defending the thrower. Jonnya and others disagreed about what should happen to him but that was it, then others caught a whiff of mob mentality.
Fair enough but saying a scumbag like that doesn’t deserve any punishment is indirectly defending him in my book. I hope the c**t never sets foot in a ground supporting us ever again, doesn’t deserve to be a part of our great club. Even seen some people say he clenched his fists after doing as if to say ‘yeees’ shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back