Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Kept the ball well without creating much. This games there for the taking.

We have come a long way in a short time, but we really need a real quality player in the middle of the park. We have loads of possession but aren't really turning it into chances.

We work the ball into good wide positions. I'm not entirely sure what we're expecting to happen, though, when we don't have any numbers in the box. The overwhelming majority of the time, it's going to be won by the defender.

It looks like there's one goal in this. I can't say I'm confident we'll get it.

Sadiq has looked pretty useful for the first time since joining us.
Just need to get the goal now.

First viewing was a pk but turns out Beaton made a very good decision. Credit where credit is due.

We sorely miss a number 10. This is the role I have hopes grezda will fill. Someone with a brain, quick feet, good on the half turn and good decision making for final balls. It’s holding us back big time not having that type of player.

We really need a cutting edge at times. Great in possession but rarely getting a shot off.

very weak up front, ball into the box has been atrocious, Aberdeen are shyte but we are keeping then in this game, is get young middleton on sharpish as %^*& all is happening up top.

Required for 2nd half - more quality, more urgency.

DC our best player although final ball poor

Sadiq exceeding expectations

Ejaria & Las, come on guys wake up - this is a semi not a testimonial

think dolly will be the happier of the two seeing as we haven't scored. Happy with Sadiqs input so far. Final ball has been mostly dreadful.

Aberdeen are defending ok and not giving much space, we need a bit of magic to break them down. We have got into some decent positions out wide but our delivery into the box has been terrible with candeias being the biggest culprit on that.

I am with a neutral today, who is very unimpressed with "super sunday", me too. If it wasnt Rangers just now I might have agreed with the suggestion of doing something else. Disappointed in Rangers expected much better, a rollicking is needed.

You’d think by the law of averages that at least one of Tav’s or Candy’s balls in would be good

Our final ball is shockingly bad. Tav and can
We need some serious crossing practice
Correct. Cost us on Thursday. Either too long in the air, overhit with nobody on the back post or grubbed along the ground.
Utterly abysmal. Doing my nut in and there is no excuse for it.

Ponderous and not for the first time recently.

Arfield for Coulibaly for me as the balance in the midfield is all wrong with Jack and Coulibaly together.

Candeias has tortured McKenna, but his final ball is terrible at times.

Sadie doing better than expected for me at holding the ball up.

Struggling against the packed defence. We don’t seem to have that real spark needed in the final third.

They are shite and know it, set up to frustrate and hope for a bit of luck on the break.

We need to up the tempo

They better come out flying or this could get uncomfortable.

On the plus side Big Sadiq has done alright

Dominating but, pointless balls chucked into the box isn’t helping.

Candeias’ decision making has been poor, not like him.

Hopefully a better 2nd half. I couldn't give a monkey's when it comes to possession stats. The balls into the box are yet again, woeful.
This makes our lack of creativity from middle to front, glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
Same as Thursday, final ball from Candieas is abysmal. If he could improve this he would be worth millions.
Sadiq playing well despite not getting any chances due to nobody being able to split the defence .
We badly miss Arfield, would bring him on for Jack or Coulibaly.

Dominated possession, neat, tidy with absolutely no quality what so ever in the final third. Delivery and final ball has been hopeless.

Coulibaly anonymous bar a break with the ball and there is a severe lack of creativity. The midfield have to do better and just like on Thursday night, both Candeias and Tavernier couldn't make a telling cross.

Not even tested their keeper.

Honestly thought that was a good half. Started red hot, but obviously couldn't keep that up for 53 mins.
Come out the traps disciplined and strong, wait till 60ish and exploit the holes in the sheep midfield. Both their DCMs are booked now, and we might get some joy there.

Need to up our pace here, making the easy predictable passes is getting us absolutely nowhere. Aberdeen have simply come to frustrate us ... 1st goal looks like it will win it so let's make sure it is us that nabs it.

Back