My reply from Ruth Davidson’s office ref Michelle Gray and all the other poor victims

This must be led by the victims and their families , we should support them in any way possible , but I repeat it must be led by the families , as much as I want to see that rancid club shown up for what it is , it is more important that the victims get some sort of justice for those appalling crimes, nothing can ever make up for what happened to those poor souls but hopefully justice is about to visit the perpetrators .

I told him that I really had no sporting allegiance and that I had been following this story for decades and that the latest revelations regarding the lack of acknowlegement not only from the first minister but from all MSP’s was to dissapointing for me not to contact the conservatives for comment and hopefully actions, he said that he was pleased that I emailed them and that it was a talking point in the office this morning
There is no need for you to justify or lie about your sporting allegiance as it has nothing to do with the big picture mate. Always be proud about who you support and don’t hide it, this is way bigger than what team you support and your email has now brought elected persons into the fold to help the poor sister get justice for every abused youth in our country.

Well done again mate but these MSPs should be ashamed of themselves not getting involved before.

We can only hope the brave Michelle gets what she strives for ,justice and peace for her brothers memory.

Lol, I’ve always got a frock and lippy on, I finish work at 15.30 and I’m plucking up the courage to phone him then
as the post below you says,write evrything down and explain your nervous,i admire you for your letter,im actually at the moment or WAS,compiling a letter to ms davidson,about the bbc and its stance against us,you have done brilliant up till now,i have trouble trying to upload anything on to this site(my age probably)so go the next step we will all back you!i hope mr goudie has read your post,very intrested to find out how you proceed and the answer you get! if it means the lot of us bombarding the scottish parliament them lets do it?

I told him that I really had no sporting allegiance and that I had been following this story for decades and that the latest revelations regarding the lack of acknowlegement not only from the first minister but from all MSP’s was to dissapointing for me not to contact the conservatives for comment and hopefully actions, he said that he was pleased that I emailed them and that it was a talking point in the office this morning
lainey posted a message but it was before i read you had phoned him!good on you!

I find it all very odd that after a random email to them that these MSP’s are only now beginning to talk about this.
Were have they been, also surly Davidson must have a deputy carrying out her duties while on maternity leave.

Last edited:
Another (less enthusiastic reply)

Thank you for your email and copying me into your email to Ruth Davidson. As you point out in your email Ruth is on maternity leave at present and is completely away from work.

My understanding from the media is the individual has appealed the decision and it’s a live criminal case in those circumstances politicians do not comment as it might effect the case.

I hope that clarifies the situation but if I can help further please do let me know.
Kind regards
Jeremy

Jeremy R Balfour

MSP for Lothians (Conservative)

Last edited:
This must be led by the victims and their families , we should support them in any way possible , but I repeat it must be led by the families , as much as I want to see that rancid club shown up for what it is , it is more important that the victims get some sort of justice for those appalling crimes, nothing can ever make up for what happened to those poor souls but hopefully justice is about to visit the perpetrators .

I understand your point but why shouldn't a concerned member of the public lead the issue?

It's a public interest topic.

Last edited:

Thank you for your email and copying me into your email to Ruth Davidson. As you point out in your email Ruth is on maternity leave at present and is completely away from work.

My understanding from the media is the individual has appealed the decision and it’s a live criminal case in those circumstances politicians do not comment as it might effect the case.

I hope that clarifies the situation but if I can help further please do let me know.
Kind regards
Jeremy

Jeremy R Balfour

I think that reply is very understandable Lainey given it's a live criminal case :(

I think that reply is very understandable Lainey given it's a live criminal case :(
Complete fudge, they’re not being asked about specific cases, they’re being asked to question why this whole affair is deliberately not being mentioned and why they have banned an investigation on religious and sporting institutions in their little kid on enquire, when that’s were the majority of these crimes took place.
I personally doubt most of these imposter politicians have the stomach for this.

The advice I took from the first reply was that people in that constituency would have to make a complaint to there MSP before it could be raised in the fmq’s

I would urge anyone in that particular area to ask why there elected official is not representing the people who put them in there respective positions.

I’ve decided to spend most of this evening emailing the English conservatives and the DUP for any hope of one of them asking the questions that should have been asked many years ago.

Might seem like a waste of time but the alternative is to hide behind the sofa like Sturgeon and her cohorts, anyway I’ve got the bit between my teeth now

I just got this reply from another Conservative MSP

Dear

Thank you for your message in relation to the Michelle Gray tragedy. I am aware of the background to this.

The rules of the Scottish Parliament only permit me to raise issues on behalf of constituents, and as Michelle Gray is not (to my knowledge) resident in Mid Scotland and Fife it would be difficult for me to have a locus to raise the issue. What she should do, if she has not already done so, is contact her local MSPs. If she lives in Glasgow she has two Conservatives, Adam Tomkins and Annie Wells, either of whom I am sure would be happy to assist.

It is shocking that there has been so little response from the Justice Secretary on the issue she has raised, and I hope he can be forced to intervene.

I hope that this is helpful.

With kind regards,
Murdo

Murdo Fraser MSP
Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)
Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Finance

Fantastic Lainey. Isn’t Murdo a big Rangers man ?

The advice I took from the first reply was that people in that constituency would have to make a complaint to there MSP before it could be raised in the fmq’s

I would urge anyone in that particular area to ask why there elected official is not representing the people who put them in there respective positions.

I’ve decided to spend most of this evening emailing the English conservatives and the DUP for any hope of one of them asking the questions that should have been asked many years ago.

Might seem like a waste of time but the alternative is to hide behind the sofa like Sturgeon and her cohorts, anyway I’ve got the bit between my teeth now

You’re becoming a FF LEGEND Lainey ;)

Complete fudge, they’re not being asked about specific cases, they’re being asked to question why this whole affair is deliberately not being mentioned and why they have banned an investigation on religious and sporting institutions in their little kid on enquire, when that’s were the majority of these crimes took place.
I personally doubt most of these imposter politicians have the stomach for this.

I must be honest, I didn’t mention the investigations excluding religious and sporting institutions, I just wanted to keep it to the goings on at ceptic, I also never mentioned them by name, I just referred to them as being one of Scotland’s biggest institutions.

Funnily enough he mentioned ceptic and there boys club quite a few times, I just kept calm and kept pointing him to the dozens of people who have come forward and the pending court cases of the individuals named by them.

I don’t know if anything will come of this but the guy did sound very sympathetic to what I was saying and also agreed when I said Sturgeon and her minister for justice hadn’t exactly acted in the best interests of Michelle and the other people affected by the actions of these evil men.

I pointed out that our fm only ever seeks to represent victims that will get her votes, I never named any names.

I also said that we all stood back shocked to the core about the systematic abuse in some parts of England when it came to light , saying that in my opinion there is something off about the lack of opinion or comment from Scotland’s MSP’s and said there might not be any place to hide for those who have buried there head in the sand for so long.

I had quite a long conversation with him and he even asked me to contact him with anymore concerns I may have.

Firstly, I'd write down what you would like to say (short summary list of main points or longer if you feel more comfortable with that).

When you call Daniel just tell him that your not that confident on the phone so you have written down some points in order to best address them and might read from your notes during the call

You'll immediately feel more comfortable being up front about that and the call recipient will be more understanding if you come across as a bit hesitant at times.

Good luck!
Good call.:)

I must be honest, I didn’t mention the investigations excluding religious and sporting institutions, I just wanted to keep it to the goings on at ceptic, I also never mentioned them by name, I just referred to them as being one of Scotland’s biggest institutions.

Funnily enough he mentioned ceptic and there boys club quite a few times, I just kept calm and kept pointing him to the dozens of people who have come forward and the pending court cases of the individuals named by them.

I don’t know if anything will come of this but the guy did sound very sympathetic to what I was saying and also agreed when I said Sturgeon and her minister for justice hadn’t exactly acted in the best interests of Michelle and the other people affected by the actions of these evil men.

I pointed out that our fm only ever seeks to represent victims that will get her votes, I never named any names.

I also said that we all stood back shocked to the core about the systematic abuse in some parts of England when it came to light , saying that in my opinion there is something off about the lack of opinion or comment from Scotland’s MSP’s and said there might not be any place to hide for those who have buried there head in the sand for so long.

I had quite a long conversation with him and he even asked me to contact him with anymore concerns I may have.

I think you’ve handled that really really well Lainey.

go for it........

By the way this is the email I sent to everyone of the Conservative MSP’s

Please don’t rip it to shreds, I never actually learned I read and write till my late 20’s

Subject: Child abuse!!!

Dear Ms Davidson

I am both saddened and surprised that as a fellow conservative and a woman you have not commented on the historical child abuse that had been uncovered within the realm of Glasgow Celtic Football club, there has already been one conviction ( the second for similar offences by J Ames Torbett) and there are 3 more cases pending. I’m appalled that as a conservative lady such as yourself has not even offered a crumb of support to Michelle Gray ( the sister of one of the victims) or the dozens of others who have come forward. Michelle sent the FM the following message which Ms Sturgeon did not have the common descency to even acknowledge @NicolaSturgeon Let me tell you what’s OUTRAGEOUS. My 12 year old brothers life being destroyed by a man who was backed & supported by people in authority. A man who sexually abused my brother, continuously!! That’s what I consider OUTRAGEOUS! Not a last minute meeting request!!

And here is a follow up from Michelle

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 3h3 hours ago Michelle Gray Retweeted Michelle Gray

Dear @NicolaSturgeon, it’s now been a number of days since I sent the below to you and as of yet, our family & other’s still haven’t heard from you? I appreciate that you may be busy but surely the CHILDREN of SCOTLAND & the ABUSE they suffered is something of importance to you?!

Michelle and the other families who suffered will not go away, but it seems that the FM thinks by ignoring there cries for justice will break there resolve, she’s wrong, momentum is growing and people want the truth and justice.

Here is another message to the SNP, this time to the justice secretary

Michelle Gray‏ @michellegray75 6m6 minutes ago So this was the response, from Scotland’s JUSTICE Secretary, 13 days after the man that abused & destroyed my brothers life was convicted for the 2nd time of sexually abusing children in Scotland! Also I’ve to email him AGAIN & I’ll get a response!!!! @HumzaYousaf

I think as a politician and a decent person you will agree that the lack of response from the Scottish government is very concerning.

As a mother yourself ( congratulations to you and your partner) you can feel the anguish of Michelle Gray and all the victims of abuse in this sordid case.

I implore you to either make plans for your own enquires or to demand an enquiry at FM questions

Please help the victims

Yours faithfully[/QUOTE]

Well done you for raising the issue with them and for standing up for Michelle Gray, you've done a great job, you should be very proud of yourself. x

Totally agree - Vicarious liability and full financial regress is all that matters for the victims.

Kind regards
Jeremy

Jeremy R Balfour

Well Mr Balfour get your head out the sand and fight for every other poor child in this country who have been abused by multiple beasts who have never been near a court to be able to appeal their guilt.
Stop being a feckin coward Nr Balflour and do your job or use the tools you have to force or embarrass Those that can at your place of work. Shake the feckin tree and something will fall out.

Fantastic Lainey. Isn’t Murdo a big Rangers man ?
Shouldn’t matter who he supports mate all MSPs shouldn’t have to have their cage rattled to step up to the plate, the fact they sat back and bit their tongues and allowed the SNP to take sporting and religious groups out from being looked at it shocking, this is a national disgrace .

Every stone should be unturned to rid society of these beasts , our generation need to make it safe for future generations by righting wrongs caused by the despicable bastards who harm children no matter what religion colour and especially what team they support as this continued point scoring doesn’t help .

Shouldn’t matter who he supports mate all MSPs shouldn’t have to have their cage rattled to step up to the plate, the fact they sat back and bit their tongues and allowed the SNP to take sporting and religious groups out from being looked at it shocking, this is a national disgrace .

Every stone should be unturned to rid society of these beasts , our generation need to make it safe for future generations by righting wrongs caused by the despicable bastards who harm children no matter what religion colour and especially what team they support as this continued point scoring doesn’t help .

Don’t disagree with any of that mate. Was just asking a specific question, albeit it shouldn’t be relevant to this situation.

Kind regards
Jeremy

Jeremy R Balfour

No one raised it after Torbett was convicted. Now that he's appealed they're using this as an excuse to ignore it.

They cant fool all of the people all of the time.

He's been conducted. An appeal is not an excuse not to comment. They don't even need to mention the details of one individual case.

Even if it was about one case what about the period of time after he got convicted before the appeal? That is called a cop-out, a fudge, a disgrace.

He's been conducted. An appeal is not an excuse not to comment. They don't even need to mention the details of one individual case.

Even if it was about one case what about the period of time after he got convicted before the appeal? That is called a cop-out, a fudge, a disgrace.

Michelle is demanding a politician makes comment on The Now Proven Cover-Up.

The 2nd chance given by celtc - for Torbett to return to the club to abuse again - that ruined her poor brothers life.

You are correct. The bheasts appeal does not gag MSP's from commenting on any of that. Nor the media.

Feel for the poor woman. To ignore her and her brother like this is shameful Scotland. Totally shameful.

She is beyond despicable. The SNP and this toad must be removed from office ASAP. Any decent-minded human being would have spoken and taken action long before now.

Religious (including religious schools) and Sporting organisations are the biggest areas where abuse has occurred. She knows this and she is unwilling to address it merely because of her catholic voters. There is no other explanation.
This is it in a nutshell. unless we do something we will reap what they sow for generations to come.

I was replying about the second email/conversation with the guy Balfour.
To use the fact that because of Torbett throwing in an appeal therefore nothing can be said is a complete fudge and tells me all I need to know about “Scotland’s politicians”

More power to your elbow. You are doing fantastically well.

Kind regards
Jeremy

Jeremy R Balfour

As a reply from a supposedly intelligent, literate person, it is not only as useful as a chocolate teapot, but is completely riddled with punctuation and spelling mistakes. Shocking from an elected official.

Watching fm questions,the best any of them can come up with at the moment is secatarian graffiti,wtf.its a house of shame.

I wouldn't say you have no allegiance if you do.

I think AR's first point is key. Open the existing inquiry to all organizations, if my team is guilty and the facts bear that out, then so be it.

I would say all of us feel that way. Weird that such a majority of one teams fans have such a completely different moral code than the other teams.

Many of you may have heard of the University of Louisville basketball hooker scandal, as well as many others at that school. They have the same inferiority complex the scum fans have with strikingly similar situations.

For the past 30 years I've lived here and heard them claiming the moral high ground only to ignore and/or justify abhorrent behavior by their coaches, administrators and elected officials.

The similarities are startling:

Rival Comparison

Rangers v Celtic

Univ of Kentucky v UofL

Superior Standing/Record v Inferior Standing/Record

Same city for soccer vs same state for the basketball so there is a natural historical and geographical rivalry.

Both Celtic and UofL are completely obsessed with their rivals, to the point of following them more closely than their own team (creating fantasy scenarios of transgressions).

The deal that was struck to finance the building of their arena reeks of Celtic's favorable arrangements with the GCC. The city officials that negotiated the deal were all UofL fans or, amazingly, even officially connected to the school. Until recently the stadium was in junk bond status.

Their fans whine loudly about how great they are yet they abandon their team if things aren't going well, unlike their rivals. UofL has been fudging their attendance records just like St. Pats.

They've had a whole litany of incidents including un-investigated OD's, murders and shootings during the past 20 years. Everyone turned a blind eye, yet pointed 90 miles east at big, bad UK, projecting their guilt onto their main rival.

Sound familiar yet?

The only difference is UofL is finally having to pay the piper. Hopefully that's about to change for the scum in the east of Glasgow.

Latest reply!!!

Thank you for copying me in to the email you sent to Ruth Davidson who, as you mention, is currently on maternity leave.

The Scottish Conservatives take any allegations of abuse extremely seriously and, as such, are very aware of the very serious concerns being expressed, some of which are clearly matters for the police to investigate.

As you know, l am a list member for Mid Scotland and Fife so not entitled to take up constituency cases outwith my region. You may wish to contact my colleague Annie Wells MSP who represents Glasgow.

Liz Smith MSP

I’ve not heard from anyone else yet despite sending emails to several English MP’s, Private eye, Richard littlejohn, and following a thread yesterday Tennents brewery.

I will update as I get replies!

Independence at all costs.

That includes not only the financial security of everyone but also now appears to include the safety of Scottish children.
Bang on the money. They will be the ruination of Scotland because all they care about is their misguided political ideal, that is simply not wanted and not workable in the real world.

Scum. They must be removed as soon as possible.

Latest reply!!!

Thank you for copying me in to the email you sent to Ruth Davidson who, as you mention, is currently on maternity leave.

The Scottish Conservatives take any allegations of abuse extremely seriously and, as such, are very aware of the very serious concerns being expressed, some of which are clearly matters for the police to investigate.

As you know, l am a list member for Mid Scotland and Fife so not entitled to take up constituency cases outwith my region. You may wish to contact my colleague Annie Wells MSP who represents Glasgow.

Liz Smith MSP

I’ve not heard from anyone else yet despite sending emails to several English MP’s, Private eye, Richard littlejohn, and following a thread yesterday Tennents brewery.

I will update as I get replies!

Awesome work, your efforts are to be applauded and will pay dividends. Have you emailed the Sfa and the SPFL?

Back