Match Thread Rangers v Villarreal - 20:00 Thursday - Bt Sports

Needed a win

Winning 1 out of 3 home games isn't good enough. Left us with a very tough task and the game in Vienna will be the hardest of the group

But under the circumstances it was a decent result and leaves us with a chance

Just get to the group stages and it’s a success.
One game to go in said group stage and we’re still in it. Stick to hockey eh ?

Madness to see how far we've come in such a short space of time.
Had it not been for yet more bad officiating then we could be in an even better position.

Took guts to survive that but great job. You'd think the ref was on Villarreal's payroll with how he called it. McGregor easily man of the match and as always when we get a point a nice bonus in cash and some points towards our coefficient

No point anybody moaning about bad individual performances - that was just a great team effort when we could easily have felt sorry for ourselves and lost the plot in that 2nd half. We didn't we hung strong and got what we deserved.

We bossed that team at Ibrox and we can beat them on their own patch if we stick together like that ... lets go.

So disappointed that the ref spoiled this match by his utter incompetence. The best result under the circumstances. Only wish it was Rosenberg as we could have beaten them with 9 men:)

Everyone of them players should be very proud of themselves tonight.

Great performance & McGregor no words can describe his saves tonight.

Between that awful referee and Ally’s commentary my nerves are shot! I wish we had kept 11 men on the park, we might just have done it! Winning away in Vienna is a big ask, but who knows? Never say never.

Candeias should not be going into fracas like that when on a yellow, saw the red mist as he was running towards it, harsh yes but seen it a mile off.
Think your watching a different game if you see that mate. Candeias doesn’t go into the tackle he follows theu and falls over the player. If you were watching the game closely it was a free kick to Tav 3 seconds before and the ref missed it or deliberately never gave it. It was also a booking for the Villarreal player. Just watch it closely

Wow. What a point one. Scuppered what was a good game by incompetence from the officials.

Shagger= Legend, but we know that, but in between games I forget a little of how good he is.

Really proud of the team getting a point against a technically very good team.
Ref has cost us big time I’m afraid,that’s 2 massive decisions in this group gone against with Morelos offside goal in Russia and that ridiculous sending off tonight.

This will sound silly - but, Flanagan got better when the chips were down. Like he forgot his confidence was gone.

I can't criticise any of them for effort.

If we had lost over there, we'd be delighted with a point at home..........with 10 men too..........

Some performed better than others..........but all gave their all.

Ref ruined the game. But well done Rangers for overcoming the complete incompetence of this joke of a so called official.

We deserved at least a point given the circumstances of that unjust sending off, well done Allan McGregor!

Greegs MOTM that cannot be questioned. Despite my dismay at half time what a fecking performance by our team stuck in played for their very existence. That Ibrox crowd deserve a special mention everyone of them what an atmosphere they created absolutely amazing.
Still in with a chance of getting through terrific.

Great point after a ridiculous refereeing decision McGregor showing what. Class act he is . Think the manager has a blind spot for Flanagan sooner Barasic is fit the better , the balance on the left hand side isn't the same without him.

Ref showed his colours again at the end. Flanagan's booking and the free kick was ridiculous and it wasn't a corner right on full time.

Incredible result considering the red card in all honesty.

To be 90 minutes away from the knock-out stages when we'd have been happy with getting through 2 round of the qualifiers is unbelievable. Still undefeated at home. 2 games unbeaten vs. Villereal.

Players and manager have done outstanding.

Reactions: TNT
Well done Rangers.
Referee robbed us 3 points in Moscow and robbed us tonight.
We stood firm tonight and can do that mob in Austria.
WATP.

I'm very proud of my team tonight. They went toe-to-toe with a top notch Spanish side, a man down for half the game and made a go of it. Sure its not the result i'd hoped for, but that second half was a real battling performance and could easily have swung our way

Needed a win

Winning 1 out of 3 home games isn't good enough. Left us with a very tough task and the game in Vienna will be the hardest of the group

But under the circumstances it was a decent result and leaves us with a chance
Stop n think for a minute mate. Think back to July. If you had been offered second in league with chance to go top, destiny in our own hands in Euro Group going into last game despite some horrendous officiating. Would you have taken that ?

We are still a phase one work in progress mate.

Back