The Dhims lining up a bid for Lawrence Shankland

Were they ever tested,Barry I can believe Boyd and Jig I am not so sure.
Tam Forsyth
Colin Stein
Derek Parlane
Gordon Smith
I could go on and on . None of them would ever have signed for them .
Absolutely no way by the way Boyd or Jig would have signed for them the way they were both brought up.

For everyone who compares him to nicky clarke Hes got a better goal average than waghorn had in the championship with us and hes no doin too bad just because its a lower division doesnt mean hes not decent

Goalscorers are always worth considering and they are of course like magnets to clubs who should always be on the lookout for such talents as players who can finish are indeed the most difficult talents to find.

The Filth aren't stupid, they know that this is the part of the park that wins you a football match, the place where teams are separated in a tight match and the position that fires a club towards trophies.
The truth is that having one is good, having two is even better and having three is better still......you simply cannot have enough people in a football squad who can finish.

Shankland should be a shoo-in for Rangers.
An open goal of a transfer.
One that we shouldn't allow to slip through our net because if we do there will be no excuse it would be like letting a whale escape through the biggest hole in our scouting history.

By the way, what more can the lad do to impress?
If you bother to watch him, he can score every type of goal, he can also lead the line, hold play up with skill and he sees other players around him and can link the play effectively.
Can he do it at an even higher level again?
For fcksake surely we can afford to find out.

The Filth would sign him and loan him out to Aberdeen and see if he can sink or swim, they feel that they have the wherewithal and the financial clout to make this happen.
The Filth rarely ignore players with such good finishing credentials.

However, Shankland strikes me as a lad who would tell them to do one if Gerrard came calling.

Get this done Rangers, no more Willie Wallace's Dixie Deans and Kenny Dalglish's.
Time to learn from our mistakes.

My mates an Ayr fan & has been proper excited about Shankland & their team in general.

Went to the Ayr v Morton game with him & Shankland was marked out the match. Looked a yard off the pace, but think he was coming back from injury so maybe not the best game to judge him on.

He certainly has some scoring record at Ayr.

I don't see the point in loaning him out. I'd have him around the squad and coaching staff in order to develop and allow him to adjust to the surroundings.

Exactly ive said the same a few times its mental, i dont even see the point if hes a player worth buying(no doubt he is) get him in the team, our team.

Why would you hope that? No doubt he'd be a fringe player for them but fringe players can still do some damage. Although reading about him i'd be surprised if he signed for them.
Because he won’t make the step up and be any good.

Ayr Utd fan in my work says Swansea are going to bid £400k for Shankland

He’s correct with Swansea being in for him no sure on fee, he wants to play the last 6 months at Ayr (on loan) as they think they have a good chance of getting promoted. Think it’s more a case of Rangers not wanting him he joins us if we want him.

I remember the same being said about Christie

Christie, sadly, was a cracking signing for them at the time. I was shocked that he spent so long at the sheep. Those sly emablers have had the pick of the talent in Scotland last few years with Armstrong & Christie. Hopefully those days are gone.

£500 a week at Ayr or £5000 at them....

No way he can say no if it comes calling.

Wed be silly not to take a punt its a low low gamble in a world where you can get 2.5m for Josh Windass.

Is he any better than Nicky Clark was at that level?
Yes.
Nicky Clark made his reputation scoring at a level below before securing his move to Rangers.
But we ourselves were playing at a lower level.
Nicky didn't cut it at Rangers because if he wasn't scoring he never had much else in his game.
Having watched Shankland he clearly has more football ability than Nicky Clark and scores a better selection of goals.
But every signing is a gamble.

Tam Forsyth
Colin Stein
Derek Parlane
Gordon Smith
I could go on and on . None of them would ever have signed for them .
Absolutely no way by the way Boyd or Jig would have signed for them the way they were both brought up.
I can,t answer for these players but professional players tend to go for the highest bidder or the first one to make a decent offer,I think over the years there have been a few players who have been brought up Rangers fans who have ended up at the fhilth I seem to remember Jim Baxter saying he would have signed for them if they had of came in first with the right offer.

I can,t answer for these players but professional players tend to go for the highest bidder or the first one to make a decent offer,I think over the years there have been a few players who have been brought up Rangers fans who have ended up at the fhilth I seem to remember Jim Baxter saying he would have signed for them if they had of came in first with the right offer.
I am not sure that Slim Jim was a Rangers man before he signed for us.
I don't think Jim was a fan of anyone.

Not true
Boyd, Barry, Jig and many more would never have signed for them.
They weren't playing for Ayr Utd at the time. What'll the boy be on, about £500 a week or something? If they offer him 10 times that then obviously he'll take it. Football is a short career

Don’t see the problem in trying to get him on board, there’s not big risk involved.
Offer Ayr up to £300k in January or else sign him on a pre-contract (if he’s willing of course). Depending on what other striker business may be planned for January - if we do a loan deal then could let Shankland stay at Ayr till summer 2019.

It’s clear that many of the younger posters on FF are unaware of where the likes of tommy Mclean, Davy Cooper, Colin Stein to name but a few came from. Some of the greatest players in our history were sourced from Scottish clubs.

Someone as prolific as Shankland is a rare commodity, further he is a Rangers fan which makes him even more of a compelling prospect. We should not be allowing this boy to be seduced by the dark side, you do not score that amount of goals at any level without having something about you.

And none of this loaning him back nonsense, work with him, build on his talent, boost his confidence, turn him into the kind of striker that could lead the line in Europe. Stop quoting Nicky Clark as a reason not to do it, we were an unstructured shambles under Coisty, player development and confidence were at an all time low (you just have to look at some of the cataclysmic results to glean that).

There is little or no risk on pre contract or small fee, I truly believe this guy could be the best Scottish striker at Ibrox since Coisty...He has something about him, he could be a throw back to the days of Coop, Mclean, Stein et al, a provincial club player of exceptional talent.

It's in the papers.

Personally, I wouldn't touch him at that price. Not when he's out of contract in six months.
That's it for me. Give him an offer to join in the summer but no way should we be spending 400k on a 3rd striker

Anyone who couldn't see he was going to be an excellent player knows nothing about football.

Same as Armstrong (when he kicked on), a season or two with them then Premier League.
Every player "with potential", signed from another Scottish club is a risk, I have seen dozens go to us and the rotten mob with only a fraction going on to prove they are good enough to make the step up.

I absolutely refuse to believe that Shankland would sign for Paedo Harbourers FC if he had rival bids in from them and us, even if the money they were offering was better.

The guy is apparently a ST holder, FFS. No way he's signing for the emissaries of the devil if he has the chance to join us confirmed.

Who was, and whatever happened to, the apparent Rangers supporting St Boo striker that signed for the bheasts last season?

Who was, and whatever happened to, the apparent Rangers supporting St Boo striker that signed for the bheasts last season?

Lewis Morgan. Winger. Quick Google says he's made 11 appearances this season.

Back to Shankland, I think we should sign him for sure. He can only get better and he's scoring week in week out. He'd come for buttons too, he's a huge rangers fan

Lewis Morgan. Winger. Quick Google says he's made 11 appearances this season.

Back to Shankland, I think we should sign him for sure. He can only get better and he's scoring week in week out. He'd come for buttons too, he's a huge rangers fan
Surprised he's played that much !

It can be if you've never had it. I would personally never sign for them, but I can see why someone would sign for them if they were the only party at the table
I would never have signed for Celtic, was asked to play for Celtic Boys Club when I was 12, said no, was then told I would get a blazer with the Celtic badge on it, My dad turned to the guy and 'told you, you were wasting your time,now you are making it worse ':)

He might have said that,remember before he died , i will always be a Rangers man

Think this is one we shouldn’t let pass us by for a couple of hundred grand or so get him on a 4 n a half year deal keep out onloan for the next 1.5 years and let him prosper even more. Worth the risk imo, low fee low wages.

Anyone who couldn't see he was going to be an excellent player knows nothing about football.

Same as Armstrong (when he kicked on), a season or two with them then Premier League.

:D Christie has had about 5 good games and now he’s “an excellent player”.

Who needs a compliant press to bum up their players?

Back