Spoonburners Vs Rangers Match Thread, all comment in here.

The difference between Sunday and tonight on FF. Our striker is not being slaughtered for being pish. Not that I thought he had a bad game but I did not think Lafferty had a bad game Sunday.

Alfie terrorised Ambrose tonight. He had some number of shots some of which he created out of nothing. Lafferty was no worse than anyone else on Sunday. You cannot, simply CANNOT, compare Alfie tonight with Laff's insipid display on Sunday.

As much as it pains me to say it we need a Rogic type midfielder. Somebody who can score goals go past men and most importantly have a final ball. If we had a player like that a lot of these draws would be wins. That's the main difference between us and then at the moment

completely dominated the game but we really need to get clinical when it comes to chances

Morelos was fantastic tonight, really deserved a goal

We'd all take a win but that was a massive step in the right direction over the last 4 games. Play like that and there wont be many games we dont win.

One goal from open play in 7 games mate that’s a major worry and it’s even worse when we batter them like that and still don’t score.

Candeias just wasn’t interested tonight and Tav well off the boil
The left hand side looked dangerous in the first half so what do we fucking do ?
Go down the fucking right time and time again
candyman was shite seems to get a get out clause because he's foreign if he's a scot or a Brit its a different story, never in the match

No better than useless. Grezda and Jack still providing the Square root of %^*& all I see.
Unfortunately the incompetence of the mentally challenged referee will take the focus off our completely amateur and pathetic finishing in front of goal.
That was basically a junior game in a professional league, absolutely fvckin gash!!!!

You were watching a different game for me. That’s probably the best we have played at Easter Road in the league for years.

Another chance goes a begging. I winder what goals stats are to attempts for Alfi is? Can't be very good. The big gazelle would have scored I'm sure if he had the amount of chances Alfi had.

How many chances did Lafferty have on Sunday?

One goal from open play in 7 games mate that’s a major worry and it’s even worse when we batter them like that and still don’t score.
The previous few games we havent looked like creating a chance. Tonight was the opposite.

The players need to take confidence from that game and push forward.

most certainly another 2 points given away, ,but unlike the Dundee game we saw we have something we can work with,, we most definitely need better quality in most areas ,lets hope we can source whats needed,,i liked our energy ,desire and work rate tonight,, as we saw composure continues to haunt us, ,all in all I am not too despondent, I saw enough from us to know we can make progress as we move forward

Totally dominated which i didn't expect at all. Robbed by Thomson again - cheating bassa - shocking when you see how clear a view he had of the penalty. But we have forgotten how to score - 2 in the last 5 games will win nothing.

Frustrating night, probably one of our best performances of the season in a tough away game and we get a draw.:confused:

How the fuk did that little bastard Pprteous not get sent off for that assault of Coulibaly. Just seen the replay there that was fuckin shocking!!

No better than useless. Grezda and Jack still providing the Square root of %^*& all I see.
Unfortunately the incompetence of the mentally challenged referee will take the focus off our completely amateur and pathetic finishing in front of goal.
That was basically a junior game in a professional league, absolutely fvckin gash!!!!
Jack was excellent mate. Don't know what you were watching.

I thought we played really well, losing Arfield had an impact but we coped better than I expected 2nd half. Their keeper made two or three excellent saves.

Not an easy place to go and collect points so can’t be too disappointed with the onecollected.

Morelos bullied them
Jack was excellent
Coulibaly did his job
Taverniers delivery and decision making poor.
Referee just a cheat

My knowledge about football is based on winning sides,we continue to blow it this season not good enough if you aspire to win championships

Not getting into it with you. Disappointing loss, because we played well enough to win, your description was utter nonsense. Just put it down to heat of the moment and try and not talk as much pish in the future.

I asked earlier if he was still employed by us.Two blatant fouls first half he said nothing in them.Took the ball and the fu*king man but if it’s the other way our players booked and foul given.
Thommo will always have a soft spot for them. Follow his twitter and you will see.

Cheating Thimmy Thompson a pen and a red card against Porteous he failed to give. It if it had been against Rangers he wouldnt of been able to get the card out quick enough.

We were brilliant in parts.

Morelos was utterly unplayable. Outstanding today.

Gutted not to have won, but the performance was excellent.

Now, enter people who look at results and don't actually know anything about football...

You can masquerade as an aficionado all you want, all you've done is sum up what is the overall general reaction on here to tonight's game.

We are still squandering far too many chances and you don't have to have read Inverting the Pyramid inside out and back to front to pick up on that.

Aw shut up, going to Easter road and pumping them for 80 minutes is good for any Rangers team, fair enough we didn't score but we already know we aren't clinical enough and every team in the world has games where they just can't finish.

Agree mate, on another night we could have had three, but that aside there has to be something done about these hammer throwers in Scottish football and refs like thomson who see no wrong in it.

As much as I'm disappointed that we didn't come away with the three points; I think we played really well tonight, away from home against an in form team. We looked much better than them. We were aggressive in fighting to win back the ball, we won most of the 50/50's, we were unlucky not to score. Defence was solid, Barisić is getting better with every game (same goes for Grezda...but he still has a bit of a way to go), Alfredo was excellent. Ryan Jack was immense. That's our next captain right there.

That wee kunt Porteous should definitely have seen red for his tackle, they've just shown a clear hand ball replay for a penalty (with the ref staring at it) and then that wee kunts tackle on BT Sport.

Definitely cheated on those two decisions!

Goals are the difference and we blew it. Fck all to blame on anyone else there. So rare to go there and bully that lot but we did it all over the park then finished like pish Sunday leaguers.

When you’re walking a tightrope between winning a title and coming in second it’s games like this that define you. Just can’t buy this team as champions. When it’s on a plate they shit the bed time and again and this season is there for the fcking taking.
Can't argue, we lack the quality to win matches like this, and unfortunately without that quality we won't win the league.

Tactically good, solid foundations for the future. But one incident summed up a frustrating night. Ambrose misplaces a pass to Grezda, who instead of running straight at the defence cuts inside toward Jack at makes a 5 yd pass to him and allows Hibs to reorganise. We need to be braver in possession and more clinical when we create.
I think that sums up Grezda, he looks way short of confidence.

for people who didn't think we played well, compare that with the 5-5 game in May v them when we did score goals but we were shocking at the back

Thought it was a great game. It’s just a shame we never got the winner. We won every battle tonight. Play like that and score and we’ll win the league.

C’mon tae feck.
Tonight was rubbish?
I’ve clarified in a later post that it’s more the result that’s rubbish. Just scunnered we are pissing away a great chance at winning this league. Only 2 wins out of 5 so far this month is murder.

We created more chances tonight and our all round play was far better. We need players to help Morelos and for me Grezda did it in the first half but very quiet in the second.

Back