Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

On loans?

If that’s the case then they are cementing another advantage in the run in through having a ridiculously big squad. The fact they regularly improve hibs and the sheep with loans that can’t play against them but can against us.
Teams can only sign one player on loan from a fellow SPFL team.

He isn’t better than Boyata or Benkovic.

One of them is on loan till end of season and the other is either away this window for a fee or as a Bosmsn in summer so replacement(s) required.

McKenna is no World beater but IMHO is a good deal better than many on here say - definitely would strengthen the Scum's defence if he signs.

One of them is on loan till end of season and the other is either away this window for a fee or as a Bosmsn in summer so replacement(s) required.

McKenna is no World beater but IMHO is a good deal better than many on here say - definitely would strengthen the Scum's defence if he signs.
How can they be strengthening, if two centre backs (regardless of their contract situations) who are better than McKenna are leaving?

On loans?

If that’s the case then they are cementing another advantage in the run in through having a ridiculously big squad. The fact they regularly improve hibs and the sheep with loans that can’t play against them but can against us.

And we give ours to teams not even in the league.

McKenna never gave morelos a sniff in the last game at Ibrox when they beat us,he also scored their goal,good signing for them imo

He's better than Boyata the Bombscare. He is utter pish!

Lustig's the other tit they have at the back.
Scott McKenna is not better than Boyata. He might be a bombscare sometimes but he is much better than McKenna.

Lustigs a completely different position...

He's not mate, be sensible.

I personally think both Goldson and Worrall are superior to him, but he certainly plays Morelos better than Boyata, Benkovic, or any other central defender in the country.

I'm not saying he gets the better of Morelos, he doesn't, but it's certainly a good contest between them.

He absolutely isn't better than Benkovic.

He absolutely isn't better than Benkovic.

Far better and way more physical.

Benkovic was like a rabbit in the headlights at Ibrox .

Even Ajer was an improvement on him when he came on and he's not great.

How can they be strengthening, if two centre backs (regardless of their contract situations) who are better than McKenna are leaving?

Boyata gets hammered constantly by us on FF, he is a bombscare and I think McKenna is the better player for the "Scottish" game.

Far better and way more physical.

Benkovic was like a rabbit in the headlights at Ibrox .

Even Ajer was an improvement on him when he came on and he's not great.

Nah........he absolutely isn't.

One has been signed and purchased by a club with an outstanding scouting network that has unearthed players like Kante, Vardy, Pereira and Mahrez...the other plays for Aberdeen.

McKenna never gave morelos a sniff in the last game at Ibrox when they beat us,he also scored their goal,good signing for them imo

But that's primarily due to the amount of bodies in and around the last third of the pitch. It makes it easier for McKenna. I'd be surprised if he gets similar protection at the heart of the Celtic defence.

He's a decent signing in the context of the SPL. I'm not entirely sure it's a major upgrade on what they currently have, though.

I personally think both Goldson and Worrall are superior to him, but he certainly plays Morelos better than Boyata, Benkovic, or any other central defender in the country.

I'm not saying he gets the better of Morelos, he doesn't, but it's certainly a good contest between them.

He's only really played against him once this season. Sent off and susp for cup semi.

We were toothless against them at home, so I wouldn't attribute that to mckenna.

Also vs Celtic we can play on the counter and morelos has to press them, not break them down like we have to do with Aberdeen.

Likewise playing for old firm as a CB you play nearly double the amount of passes as you do when you play for Aberdeen. Stats on that modern fitba Twitter show a comparison between boyata and mckenna.

If you swapped him with benkovic or boyata on the 29th Dec, morelos would have had as much joy.

How do you explain the fact that Morelos is able to score against Aberdeen but not Celtic then?

Boyata and Benkovic are far better than McKenna.

On loans?

I don't think those players that are being sent on loan will improve them one bit and as for McKenna going there, hope it's on because he's no great shakes at all.

Nah........he absolutely isn't.

One has been signed and purchased by a club with an outstanding scouting network that has unearthed players like Kante, Vardy, Pereira and Mahrez...the other plays for Aberdeen.

Aye and they couldn't get rid of him to the mentally challengeds quick enough because he's not cutting it the way they hoped.

He was absolutely abysmal against us and shat himself.

Reactions: cav
Aye and they couldn't get rid of him to the mentally challengeds quick enough because he's not cutting it the way they hoped.

He was absolutely abysmal against us and shat himself.

o_O wit....

You seen the state of the CB's they have....Evans, McGuire, Morgan who is clearly a cult hero there, Soyuncu who they spent massive cash on.

He was signed as a project player and loaned out to get game time.....they were talking about recalling him

He's only really played against him once this season. Sent off and susp for cup semi.

We were toothless against them at home, so I wouldn't attribute that to mckenna.

Also vs Celtic we can play on the counter and morelos has to press them, not break them down like we have to do with Aberdeen.

Likewise playing for old firm as a CB you play nearly double the amount of passes as you do when you play for Aberdeen. Stats on that modern fitba Twitter show a comparison between boyata and mckenna.

If you swapped him with benkovic or boyata on the 29th Dec, morelos would have had as much joy.

Morelos was taking the ball in and turning him for fun mate.

I've already said that Goldson and Worrall are better than McKenna.

All I'm saying is he is a decent defender and would strengthen a central defence that has someone who can't wait to leave and a loanee that isn't the player his parent club thought he was.

How do you explain the fact that Morelos is able to score against Aberdeen but not Celtic then?

Boyata and Benkovic are far better than McKenna.

The fact Morelos hasn't scored against them is more to do with the sitters he's missed than being kept quiet by their central defence.

He's had some excellent games against them, but without the end product unfortunately.

Morelos was taking the ball in and turning him for fun mate.

I've already said that Goldson and Worrall are better than McKenna.

All I'm saying is he is a decent defender and would strengthen a central defence that has someone who can't wait to leave and a loanee that isn't the player his parent club thought he was.
Don't think anyone can argue with any of the above MU.

o_O wit....

You seen the state of the CB's they have....Evans, McGuire, Morgan who is clearly a cult hero there, Soyuncu who they spent massive cash on.

He was signed as a project player and loaned out to get game time.....they were talking about recalling him

Well let's wait and see if they do recall him then.

So you thought he looked a decent central defender against us or at Pittodrie on Boxing Day?

Well let's wait and see if they do recall him then.

So you thought he looked a decent central defender against us or at Pittodrie on Boxing Day?

I don't think their recalling of him validates things either way....it was based on injuries they faced at the back, what you said about him was just load of pish though re them punting him because he was dross.

Players have bad games now and then, whoda thunk it...

The fact that we haven't had a transfer saga this month and nothing really in the public domain tells us all just how professional Gerrard and indeed the club now is. Leak tight!

Quite boring in all honesty but this is how it should be.

Can the posters who seem to want to discuss Celtic and Aberdeen's transfer activity not take it elsewhere?

Jeeso, no one cares what you think of McKenna or the likes so let's get the thread back to our business.
I started it by mentioning McKenna so i will take most of the blame, i didn't think it would continue like this though :eek:

Back