Tonight’s game postponed

Cowdenbeath have had the pitch covered. They were asking for volunteers to lay the cover and take it off today. Don't see what else they could have done. Obviously they feel the pitch is playable

Cowdenbeath did all they could by the sounds of it.

It’s one tiny wee corner of the pitch that’s the problem. You could probably pish on it and it would soften up

Since they have known about the weather being so cold for a good while now could they not have organised heat lamps to be used to thaw out the pitch throughout the day of the game? Or is that too much common sense?

Further inspection at 19:30.

If you were heading for the match, carry on.

Why would you want banned for trolling bro? You're a fantastic poster and now Doc will ban you for ruining peoples night.

Can I be 1st to predict that there is no chance this will go ahead on the 30th.

Long range forecast is for a very cold front to arrive next midweek.

This has the potential to turn into a saga.

They should also be able to switch it back to tomorrow 3pm as originally planned. No reason why we should have to have a fixture pile up because the game was moved to an evening when it’s colder.

Agree with this. We shouldn't have to wait nearly two weeks when it could be played tomorrow.

Killie is a far more important game and so going into that with a fit and healthy squad, barring any disasters on Sunday, is not such a bad thing.

Had a horrible feeling someone would have got injured tonight.
Me too - apart from being angry at Cowdenbeath's incompetence and amateurish organisation, I'm happy that we have more time to prepare and avoid injuries before next midweek which was by far the bigger game anyway.

Better off imo. A game on an icy pitch against anyone is never my idea of fun. Central Park on a freezing Friday night on a rock hard pitch is better avoided. A night in front of the telly with a couple of large glasses of Black Label will do for this Bear.

That's not really true though is it. It's a 2 week weather break which as has been seen in previous years is 3 weeks early. Then show and cold weather has hit late January into February for the last 20 years.

It is true because it’s the truth.

The break is not about avoiding the weather because avoiding the weather is not possible. The break is about giving players a break.

Could be a blessing. Davis and Defoe in particular are used to pristine pitches all year round so avoiding that disgusting pitch tonight means they are injury free for Killie.

We’ll end playing this at East end park or somewhere similar eventually as the chances of better weather in jan/feb evening is slim.

We had to squeeze 9 games in to December to accommodate this break. What's the point?

We needed the break. Steven Gerrard confirmed it. We’ve been playing since July. We were on our feet. The players need a break. The weather is nothing to do with it but that won’t stop a load of bitch whining.

Sums up this shitehole of a country.

We have a winter break to avoid fixture congestion, and first game back, it's fucking postponed. Absolute fucking nonsense.

The late Bob Campsey used to say that the winter break was only helpful if you knew when the bad weather was going to arrive. You cannot do that in Scotland.

30th will be even colder than it has been this week.

Postponement saga looms.

When’s the next round due to be played as this could run and run?

Was 2 mins away from my bus then boom called off! Absolutely fucking raging. Been grafting a ticket all week as well only managed to get one today.

30th will be even colder than it has been this week.

Postponement saga looms.

When’s the next round due to be played as this could run and run?

9th February

If postponed again on 30th January

then

Monday 4th February or Tuesday 5th February if the clubs agree

Wednesday 6th February then Saturday 9th the back to Mon/Tues/Wed

That rules of the competition

Back