Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Why change the team?
Why change the formation?
Why put morelos on the wing who is our best player?
Why no katic?
Why lump it long to defoe?
Why play players who are not fit?
Why no pressing?
Why no subs at half time?
Why high energy for the last 3 mins?
Why is gerrard slumped in his chair all night?
Why not train for 3 weeks on a plastic pitch to prepare for the game?
Spot on m8

The sad thing is I’m not that surprised really. More annoyed at getting my hopes up after the last game.

It’s what we do now, we give ourselves a chance and then we blow it.

I have to say the managers away record is starting to worry me. Tonight he didn’t look as if he knew how to fix it, and I think he created the mess tonight with his system and selection.

Worral has to be back up to Goldson and Katic from now or something is wrong.

Fuckin sickened by that tonight and he turned the game on his own with his pissing about.

The goals we’ve lost at Dens Park and now tonight just dont happen with teams like Kilmarnock and Aberdeen. Tonight is down to Worrall and then MacAuley shiting it from blocking that shot (just as Flanagan did against them at Ibrox). Just really poor quality defenders, it’s that simple.

Like many of us, I’ve been looking forward to that game. Let’s look at the facts, errors have cost us points again.

I’d love to see stats on goals scored by Killie thru errors this year, I truly believe that the first goal would not have happened on grass.

Looking at the game and listening to the praise of Kilmarnock is sickening. Park 9 men behind the ball with a couple of fast wingers on the break. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff.

We will come back and Celtic will drop points, the league ain’t over yet.

The manager must take the blame for that one .A place where everybody new we were in for a battle and he brings in two guys who haven't played for months and leaves out guys who gave everything against them.When will people realise two up front doesn't work anymore.Absolutely fuckin sickened

Kilmarnock are a better TEAM.

Not due to the individuals on the park.

They have a experienced manager at the highest level as a coach and he has practically schooled SG in every league game.
SG drops points as he keeps tinkering with the team and doesn’t let it settle.
To play those two at CH on that park was a disaster of a decision.

SG totally to blame for tonight.
I don’t think anybody could argue with that.

Kilmarnock are no more rhan workmanlike.

A gift and one other shot on goal and they win.

We beat ourselves tonight.
Disagree. They can defend. They can pass. They can win tackles. They win almost every 2nd ball. They play as a 'team' and they play to a game plan.
Tonight we look just like a collection of players thrown onto the park just to see.what happens.
That was Garbage!

Fell at the first hurdle. We had to take full points from this run of games. Take 3-4 out, the rest can gtf as far as I'm concerned.
Where would we be if we had went for Steve Clarke?

Some of the comments about Gerrard are fucking shocking.

How can he legislate for Worral doing what he did , Alfie hitting the post and Shagger throwing one in !

To give up the title to the scum in this position is unforgivable, some of you need to take a look in the mirror

Ps dimond for me didn’t work , far too narrow
He can legislate by telling him the next time he thinks he is fucking Franco Baresi not to bother coming back.

Back to square one.
We need a defence. All of them can go as far as I'm concerned.
Tav was abysmal......again. The centre backs unspeakably bad.
Halliday although guaranteed 100% is not a left back. Not fair on him to take any blame.
They make too many unforced errors, give away silly fouls and are painfully lacking in pace.
We might as well go with youngsters, these clowns can't even get the basics right.

Worral should have been off at half time. Getting jeered by the Killie fans is really as low as it gets. Maybe now he’ll realise he’s not a superstar and will concentrate for 90mins.

The disaster of a number 3 aside, we were so poor overall tonight.

Although they weren’t the worst, I was really disappointed with the fullbacks. Tav conceded possession far too many times, and Halliday passing the ball backward at every opportunity.

Still think we have too many players who think that all they have to do is show up and a win is in the bag. We all know they have the ability, the desire and attitude however is sadly lacking for most of them.

Disagree.
They lost away to a good Kilmarnock side.
They should have won yes, I'm annoyed as well, but embarrassed? Really?
What have we to be embarrassed about?
Killie were not good - we made them look decent by being so truly awful. We'll not play that badly very often. No fight, no hunger. Very little effort from most.

Gerrard picked a genuinely awful centre pairing at the back then made an arse of the subs.

Plenty for them to be embarrassed about.

Why change the formation and team from the old Firm though? I don’t get it. I Personally wouldn’t have started Davis and Defoe and stuck with the formation that beat Celtic. Worralls mistake gifted Killie a way back into it. And they took it. Seems drastic but you shouldn’t change a winning formula. Dreadful

Having said that some comments about Gerrard are really poor. Yes blame him when it comes to formation, tactics etc but Worralls mistake changed the game and McGregor should of saved the 2nd. Could of been different if Morelos scored when it hit the post.

The diamond hasn’t worked when we try it. Stick to the tried and trusted formation. No more expensive experiments. Dafoe and Davis will have to fight for their places within our system. Poor decision from Gerrard tonight. Nuff said, onto next game.

The team were playing well until worral fucked up. Nowt to do with formation or fitting in defoe before that.

Worral is to blame he changed the whole dynamic of the match.

I'm afraid this one is Gerrard's fault. The shape was completely wrong and that was obvious. Should have changed it after 30 mins not 70. He's tried to fit his new players in right away even though neither of them have had game time in the last 6 months. Im fuming with that performance.
The league is far from over. Just can't afford another one of these.

Why the %^*& did he change a winning team and formation with that.
So many invisible tonight we could have played with no midfield

We started this hard away game with 2 new signings that could not possibly be match fit.

And that's the lazy analysis that most will make when they look back at the game, see two big changes and an apparent change of shape, and conclude that was our problem. The reality was we bombarded them the first 15 minutes and got our reward in a goal. At that point we were controlling the game but a howler has gifted Killie a chance and they've taken it well. The howler was so bad that it's knocked our confidence and the team hasn't settled again properly after that. We weren't the same after that, and it wasn't anything to do with Davis or Defoe. We lost the second partly because it was Jones/McAuley and McAuley can't match Jones for speed, but also because McAuley had already picked up a booking, or else he'd have taken one there.

The three main issues with the team that were all apparent: mentality, especially when going behind; shaky defence since Goldson and Katic were separated; and an inability to professionally see out a game. Our squad is absolutely strong enough to win the league, but there's a lot to sort out.

Disgraceful performance tonight, especially from Worrall.
We were more than comfortable prior to his fūck up, and he gifted them a goal, letting them back into it.
I suspect Gerrard will play him in the next game as an "I know best" like we have seen managers do so often, but in reality he should be nowhere near the starting 11 after that. And for the record, McAuley was shite as well, Jack was screaming at him at one point for not attacking the ball when Jack was being challenged.

Killie were not good - we made them look decent by being so truly awful. We'll not play that badly very often. No fight, no hunger. Very little effort from most.

Gerrard picked a genuinely awful centre pairing at the back then made an arse of the subs.

Plenty for them to be embarrassed about.
Kilmarnock are good at playing on the break and stifling a superier team

I doubt this system works against teams that sit in,we had no width till we changed it to near the end.
The Defoe Morelos partnership though early days never worked out,both taking up each other position.
Saying that till big Worral we could have been three up but Kilmarnock seemed to take great confidence from the goal while we lost ours.

Totally scunnered tonight

We really had to win

Worrall gifted them that first goal and McGregor should get to the Jones shot given the distance it was hit

The system just didn’t work

Back