Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 16:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Happy with that selection on paper. The midfield and attack that beat them and should have been the same v Killie instead of all the changes

Well, that team is the biggest admission you will get that Gerrard got it badly wrong tactically on Wednesday.

If you are going to mess about with tactics - do it at home!

Defoe and Davis being rested, to an extent at least, which fits with what SG said the other day.

Dont like the fact that jack and mccorrie are both playing in the midfield against a team that bypass their own midfiled and just play it long

Surprised to see Barisic coming back in on this pitch tbh. Pleased that Katic has a place, less so Worrall. Three of the back four with a lot to prove today...

Rest of the team picked itself I thought (although I wouldn't have been surprised if SG had stuck to his guns with the new guys and two up top).

Lafferty dropped completely.

Doesn't bode well for him.

I hope some English mob give a wee bid for him he’s not done well at all since coming back.

Nice team the managers picked today I expect us to win with ease.

At least we have some real quality to come off the bench now in Davis and Defoe. One positive.
yip ,not something we have been able to say much over the past couple of years,, no doubt be a struggle again,,but it would be great if we could just put this to bed early enogh to stop us having the perpetual worries that we are going to chuck it away near the end,, lets get 2 or 3 in front gers

I don’t want Worrall to play, but I think McAuley is a worse option on this pitch.
Davis isn’t fit enough and nor is Defoe.
I think this is the only team that could have benn picked.

They better fucking step up and win, anything less than 3 points chance of title is gone.

For me he is right not to pick , McAuley,Davis and Defoe today . McAuley is 38 /39 and playing 2 games in less than a week is pushing it. Davis and Defoe again are well over 30 and still have to get up to match fitness ,they will be better today coming of the bench.

I agree that Stevie G is right to rest McAuley. However, it means yet another change in our CB pairing. The regular changes are one reason why our defending is so inconsistent. Including today, Worral will have started 11 league matches, Katic 9, Goldson 20 and McAuley 6.

Let's be honest, he's been a woeful signing.

Other than the Motherwell and Villarreal games he has offered next to nothing when he has played.

Defoe is a far better option off the bench.

Lafferty's MO since coming here has been come off the bench, miss a decent half chance and repeatedly give away needless fouls in aerial challenges. His movement in the box is woeful as well. If you don't put it on his head or at his feet he doesn't get shots on goal. After 10 years of watching the guy I honestly don't know what he is in terms of his position. He's scored some cracking goals in his time no doubt but he's never been prolific, mainly down to the afore mentioned poor positioning in opposition boxes rather than poor finishing. He's not a wide man because he isn't blessed with great skill or crossing ability. And for a guy his height he's not very good in the air either.

Back